Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
45.00%
Pikeville Panthers
55.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Vs. Pikeville (15th Region Championship)
Game is Saturday at LC.
So what team brings the Championship back to Pike County.
Pikeville will bring it back. They are the better team.
I guess we will have to wait and see won't we!! Smile

You know, the sad part of this is the boys from Belfry and adults as well, were actually pulling for Pikeville. Yet, you have some who no matter what, love to give little snide remarks and comments that cause hard feelings. Well, I for one know that after talking to some of the folks from Pikeville tonight, if Belfry wins, they will be pulling for the boys from Pond Creek @ state.... The same goes for Pikeville if they win..... Several from Belfry will be pulling for them.... Either way you cut it, Pike County has proved themselves in the region.... TONS of talent!!!

Congrats Pirates on a awesome win tonight!!! Game did not start until around 10:30 p.m. WITH a lightening delay coming with Belfry's #2 batter up in the bottom of the first..... LONG night for a lot of people!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
The thing in baseball it doesn't matter who the better team is anyone can win on any given night it just depends on who gets the bats going so with that saying some may say pikeville maybe the better team but belfry has a very good chance to win this game.
I dont think it really matters since the 2 best teams arent in it anymore... and everyone knows it....
belfry will go on with a win...

you pikeville fans are way to cocky to have accomplished absolutely nothing in the past 10 years... you havent beat LC in 8 years and only 3 times ever
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:I dont think it really matters since the 2 best teams arent in it anymore... and everyone knows it....

you pikeville fans are way to cocky to have accomplished absolutely nothing in the past 10 years... you havent beat LC in 8 years and only 3 times ever

Sounds like someone is a lil sour from the game.. Come on dude Congrats Pikeville on the win and move on Pikeville was the better team tonight.
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:I dont think it really matters since the 2 best teams arent in it anymore... and everyone knows it....

First of all Congrats to Belfry and good luck. Some of our best friends are from Belfry.

I have to pick Pikeville in a close one.

As for you now, did you forget region titles in 2001 and 2005, a team in 05 accomplished nothing but was unbeaten in the region and had 33 wins.

All I can say LCALLTHEWAY, it is a long time to next year. About 365 days in my best estimate. As for cocky you guys put on here after pummelling the 58th district about how much better the 57th was than the rest of the region, now I guess you can chew on that one for 365 days as well. Now that was COCKY. You may be the only one who still believes this, dont think Pike County will buy that story.LMAO:thatsfunn
Commanche Wrote:First of all Congrats to Belfry and good luck. Some of our best friends are from Belfry.

As for you now, did you forget region titles in 2001 and 2005, a team in 05 accomplished nothing but was unbeaten in the region and had 33 wins.

All I can say LCALLTHEWAY, it is a long time to next year. About 365 days in my best estimate. As for cocky you guys put on here after pummelling the 58th district about how much better the 57th was than the rest of the region, now I guess you can chew on that one for 365 days as well. Now that was COCKY. You may be the only one who still believes this, dont think Pike County will buy that story.LMAO:thatsfunn

What time is the game. and dont let the LC fans get your blood boiling.
Fact is... while Pikeville may not be the better team... they outplayed LC and won the game Good luck to both teams.

PS- game time is 7:00 Saturday.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Fact is... while Pikeville may not be the better team... they outplayed LC and won the game Good luck to both teams.

PS- game time is 7:00 Saturday.

Thanks.
Take it to State Panthers!! You have what it takes to do it.
Commanche Wrote:First of all Congrats to Belfry and good luck. Some of our best friends are from Belfry.

Thank you so much for this post! Many of us as well consider you all some of our best friends!

I was going to reply to LcAllTheWay but it seems to me you said what needed to be said. I do feel that the "best" of the teams ARE in the championship game..... After all... they did win and play hard to get there.... didn't they! Smile

Naturally, i want my Panthers to win the region, but if we lose, i know Belfry will have plenty of Pikeville supporters. Good Luck.
Ah, the game of baseball. You can see the best teams are out no matter what but tomorrow night -- Pikeville and Belfry are going to play. Even if Pikeville is better than Belfry, or vice versa, one nervous pitcher or bad hitting night can change the game. It should be a war out there, hopefully I find a ride and don't have to settle for radio coverage.
ur right. Tons of fans will see this one.
go PIRATES
GO PANTHERS!!! Get it done!!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Thank you so much for this post! Many of us as well consider you all some of our best friends!

I was going to reply to LcAllTheWay but it seems to me you said what needed to be said. I do feel that the "best" of the teams ARE in the championship game..... After all... they did win and play hard to get there.... didn't they! Smile

anything can happen in baseball, yeah pikeville won.
but you cant sit here and say the "best" of teams are in the game.
i mean lexington catholic screwed up and got beat out too are you gonna tell me they are the best team in there district?
LC beat and mercy-ed belfry what 3 times this year?
and beat pikeville 2 times?
I dont care what anyone says, Lc is the best team in the region, sitting in the bleachers still the best team in the region.
Everytime someone plays they throw their best and get pumped up because LC is the team everyone wants to beat, beating LC is the highlight to teams' seasons, why? because everyone knows they are the best team in the region and they have a big target on their back, and next year 356 days away, LC will still be that team, no pikeville, even if pikeville wins the region it will still be LC. pikeville hasnt proven anything other than proving "even a bling squirrel finds a nut every now and then" to be true statement.
the only player for pikeville that could start for LC would be the 3rd baseman king.
if your gonna sit there and tell me that pikeville and belfry are legitimately the 2 best teams in the region then you know nothing about baseball and need to be committed.
i dont know how to put it to you people,?
jimmy johnson is obviously the best driver in nascar and has proven it the past few years.
even if something crazy happens and he dont win the cup this year everyone still knows hes the best in nascar. i mean i just dont know how to get this out.
the game was nothing but a fluke im sorry to upset you but thats what it was.
when wvu beat our wildcats, that was a fluke,
when we beat the number 1 ranked lsu, lsu was the best team.

yeah pikeville is in the championship game and so is belfry, im sure they worked hard, but the reason pikeville is there is because LC handed them the game a fluke is all it was.
A 12 to 5 win is a pretty big fluke.......LOL...........
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:anything can happen in baseball, yeah pikeville won.
i mean lexington catholic screwed up and got beat out too are you gonna tell me they are the best team in there district?
I dont care what anyone says, Lc is the best team in the region, sitting in the bleachers still the best team in the region.
Everytime someone plays they throw their best and get pumped up because LC is the team everyone wants to beat, beating LC is the highlight to teams' seasons, why? because everyone knows they are the best team in the region and they have a big target on their back, and next year 356 days away, LC will still be that team, no pikeville, even if pikeville wins the region it will still be LC. pikeville hasnt proven anything other than proving "even a bling squirrel finds a nut every now and then" to be true statement.
the only player for pikeville that could start for LC would be the 3rd baseman king.
if your gonna sit there and tell me that pikeville and belfry are legitimately the 2 best teams in the region then you know nothing about baseball and need to be committed.
jimmy johnson is obviously the best driver in nascar and has proven it the past few years.
even if something crazy happens and he dont win the cup this year everyone still knows hes the best in nascar. i mean i just dont know how to get this out.

yeah pikeville is in the championship game and so is belfry, im sure they worked hard, but the reason pikeville is there is because LC handed them the game a fluke is all it was.

So, you are calling a 9-1 win a mercy rule? Evidently I'm not the one who needs to brush up on baseball OR the rules....

I know your very disappointed in the way LC played the other night against Pikeville. Pikeville came out ready to play and they took care of business..... Never underestimate your opponent.... At any given time, games can flip flop to a "better" (as you would say) teams disadvantage. Well, steady, error free, ball hitting, good ole' baseball playing WILL win games and that is what BOTH Belfry and Pikeville did the other night.

HEY.... in an earlier thread JC was ranked over Belfry.... This was the 2nd time Belfry defeated JC yet many think they are the better team.... Slice it, dice it or whatever you wanna do with it there are two awesome teams that will be playing tonight of which one will be going to represent the 15th region in the state tourney.... Stand up and support either one of them as I can tell you, the region WILL be well representated.....

Belfry0304 Wrote:Ah, the game of baseball. You can see the best teams are out no matter what but tomorrow night -- Pikeville and Belfry are going to play. Even if Pikeville is better than Belfry, or vice versa, one nervous pitcher or bad hitting night can change the game. It should be a war out there, hopefully I find a ride and don't have to settle for radio coverage.

Very well put! Agree totally except for best teams not playing tomorrow night, I think they are.:lmao::redboxer:
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:anything can happen in baseball, yeah pikeville won.

First of all Pikeville only played you once unless you count scrimmages.

Best thing for you is there in now only 364 days that you have to control your blood pressure.

LC booted 5 errors, Pikeville 0, PRICELESS. LC had home field advantage and the tasteless PA system treated it like a home game with all the nonsense announcements not a tournament and Pikeville still destroyed the almighty LC = PRICELESS. Pikeville outhit, outplayed, outpiched the GIANT LC and won the game easily = PRICELESS.

Position by position, I would take our Pitcher, 3rd, SS, 2nd, 1b, LF, CF, and RF over any LC player. Total dominance on Pikevilles part and you know it, I like the LC folks but some of you posters are rediculous. Oh by the way come out to night and you will see two teams play that deserve to be there.

Good luck Pirates! Go Pikeville.
phs1986 Wrote:So, you are calling a 9-1 win a mercy rule? Evidently I'm not the one who needs to brush up on baseball OR the rules....

A 9-1 win, that was a 2-1 game (I believe) when a rain delay hit and Coach Hagy pulled Brandon Chapman due to the long layoff.

and the other game, a 7-4 win for LC, and neither Williams or Chapman touched the mound that night.
Im pretty sure that the 2 most talented teams in the Region are playing tonight
Looks like aKaLCallTHEway has --sliced it ,--diced it, and is now stewing over it. :biggrin: Go Panthers!, Good luck Pirates!