Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 5 - Knott Co. 4 (8 innings)
Final from Whitesburg!
As I said in another thread looks like Glen had his team a little more prepared than most thought, Congrats Breathitt!
Wow. Nice. I wonder how the Breathitt and Perry game will turn out?
kcc played terrible tonight.. don't know who the lefty was for the bobcats but he pitched a great game... but Zack Mullins gave Ritchie quite a scare almost hitting a walk off three run home run... the ball hit the yellow on the top of the fence and bounced back in.. congrats to the bobcats and good luck against perry
Big man on campus Wrote:kcc played terrible tonight.. Zack Mullins gave Ritchie quite a scare almost hitting a walk off three run home run... congrats to the bobcats and good luck against perry

Key word here, "ALMOST"!!!! Heck of a job by the Coaching staff and the players from Breathitt. Definitely had their team ready to play and the Patriots were looking to Perry and just thought they would show up tonight and get an easy win. Just shows you have to come to play every night or you get sent home early! Good luck to the Bobcats against Perry.:popcorn:
who pitched for both teams?
This probably the biggest upset I have seen in a east ky. regional tourney so far, looks like they threw Hamilton for six and Ritchie for only one! This means Ritchie can throw against Perry, should be interesting....Congrats to coach Napier and the Bobcats
I can't believe how young the Bobcats are. When Ritchie was on the mound, their entire infield was freshmen! Starting 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and five 9th graders. The lefty starting pitcher was a freshman also. Good job Cats.
Big man on campus Wrote:kcc played terrible tonight.. don't know who the lefty was for the bobcats but he pitched a great game... but Zack Mullins gave Ritchie quite a scare almost hitting a walk off three run home run... the ball hit the yellow on the top of the fence and bounced back in.. congrats to the bobcats and good luck against perry

Don"t up think that Breathitt had a little something to do with them playing terrible.
Hamilton did a tremendous job pitching for Breathitt. Knott showed heart with their late rally and the ball the Mullins kid hit sure looked like it was gone from where I was sitting. It was a great game to watch.
mandan Wrote:I can't believe how young the Bobcats are. When Ritchie was on the mound, their entire infield was freshmen! Starting 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and five 9th graders. The lefty starting pitcher was a freshman also. Good job Cats.

They actually started 1 junior and 1 sophomore instead of 2 juniors.
I believe the lefty was Alex Hamilton. I heard someone say that he was just a freshman, if he is just a freshman then this kid is going to be awesome. The Ritchie kid did a good job in the last few innings. I had to listen to it on the radio and it sounded that those last few innings was pretty awesome, I would have done anything to have been able to be there. Way to go Glenn and the bobcats. GOOD LUCK BOBCATS!
Alex is a very good pitcher and yes he is a freshmen. We have watch him play for a long time . Alex will be one of the top pitcher in the 14th in time. Good luck to the bobcats.
The way they have this region spread out over a week, they could of pitched anyone, why not pitch your best one, every game. They would of had 3 and 1/2 days rest and been ready to go again.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:The way they have this region spread out over a week, they could of pitched anyone, why not pitch your best one, every game. They would of had 3 and 1/2 days rest and been ready to go again.

Do you mean KCC (because they didn't start Potter), or Breathitt (because they didn't start Ritchie)? Some coaches have different pitching philosophies when it's tournament time, splitting games with pitchers. Both teams ended the game with what was perceived as their best arms.
Ryan drove in 4/5 runs that were scored, had the game winning hit the 8th that plated two........PBK live forever.....
Ryan drove 4/5 runs across the plate in the game. Including the game winners in the eight inning..{P B K} lives forever... get you next year!!!!!