Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kimbro enrolling at Jeffersontown
Tony Kimbro Jr. is headed back to the city of Louisville for his senior year of high school.

The former Manual High School standout has spent the past two seasons at Arden (N.C.) Christ School but said he wants to spend his senior year at home.

Kimbro, considered a top 150 prospect nationally in the Class of 2011, told The Courier-Journal that he will enroll at Jeffersontown High School.

"I just want to do my senior year in Louisville," Kimbro said. "I have grown a lot as a person and as a player. I have become more mature and stuff like that. I am very excited to get back to Louisville and play there again. I wanted to finish my senior year at home."

J’town principal Marty Pollio had no comment because Kimbro is not enrolled in his school. But after the player does enroll, he will still have to go through the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s eligibility process.

Kimbro, son of the former University of Louisville player Tony Kimbro Sr., was considered Kentucky's top player in the Class of 2011 before he left for the prep school. As a freshman at Manual, Kimbro helped lead the Crimsons to the Louisville Invitational Tournament title.

Kimbro helped Christ School to a pair of North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association Class 3-A state titles and was named All-State as a junior. He averaged 12 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists a game as a junior.

"It worked out great and not just sports wise but also academically," Kimbro said. "I brought my grade-point (average) up to 3.0 and raised my ACT. So it's helped me academically and in sports.

"I feel like I have grown up. I have matured a lot as a basketball player and as a person."

Kimbro, who played on the Kentucky State AAU 17s champion Shining Star Sports-Davis team last weekend in Lexington, said he has offers from Oklahoma State and Virginia Tech. He's still hearing from Louisville, Kentucky, Miami (Fla.) and Xavier.

The college thing will come," he said. "I just need to focus on getting better and better."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...ntown.html
J'town got a nice replacement for Jackson.

J'town should be able to contend for a 7th region title.
Kimbro was on the team that just won the 17U state
With Kimbro joining Dorsey, J'town instantly becomes a top 5 team next year.

Also hearing 6'10 Zach Price (2011 prospect) of Cleveland may also be joining Kimbro at J'town. If that happens, J'town is the preseason #1, hands down.

Should be fun to watch TK in the 7th region this season.
kywldcat01 Wrote:With Kimbro joining Dorsey, J'town instantly becomes a top 5 team next year.

Also hearing 6'10 Zach Price (2011 prospect) of Cleveland may also be joining Kimbro at J'town. If that happens, J'town is the preseason #1, hands down.

I can see them ranked #1, but hands down, not IMO.
Gold Charger Wrote:I can see them ranked #1, but hands down, not IMO.

Eastern and Clark Co will both be tough next year and likely two of the top 3 teams in the state all year, but adding Kimbro and the Price kid to J'town would make them extremely difficult to beat.

I personally like Eastern as the preseason #1 with Samford (sp?), Woods, Abell, Gaines, and Marks (not to mention one of the better sophomore classes in the state) but only time will tell. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:With Kimbro joining Dorsey, J'town instantly becomes a top 5 team next year.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Eastern and Clark Co will both be tough next year and likely two of the top 3 teams in the state all year, but adding Kimbro and the Price kid to J'town would make them extremely difficult to beat.

I personally like Eastern as the preseason #1 with Samford (sp?), Woods, Abell, Gaines, and Marks (not to mention one of the better sophomore classes in the state) but only time will tell. :Thumbs:

One post you pick J-town hands down, then in another post you pick Eastern....which is it...LOL
J-Town will be loaded and Kimbro if he turns up his motor a little more could be Mr. Basketball. Adding 6'10 Price is an added bonus and the Dorsey kid will turn some heads also.

Louisville will have some loaded teams next season.