Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrimmage Indications
Does a scrimmage indicate witch team is better. I know that teams do get better after getting settled in. In my opinion not by score but performance I think you can tell.
No...i believe its to get teams ready for the season
I don't think in any of our scrimmages that we actually kept score. It didn't matter. The scrimmage was mainly to judge performance, what needed worked on, what didn't, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scrimmages are mainly used to find their strenghs and weaknesses. And what I mean is players get tired of hitting and playing against each other. You can find out more about your team when they are playing as one and not against each other. This is what scrimmages are mainly for.
No....

Coaches approach scrimmages different from one to the next. Certain coaches (Phillip Haywood, Dudley Hilton) are known for really sandbagging in scrimmages and playing numerous players. Other coaches (Jim Matney) coach as if it is the State Semi-Finals. Neither way is wrong, it is about what a coach feels best prepares his team for the regular season.
By scrimmage time, most starting lineups have been decided upon. But I think they are useful to review how that second tier of players performs in competition and get some good insight for first-line subs.
A coach uses a scrimmage to see how his team can preform.
If your team wins the scrimmage it is a good indication. If your team loses the scrimmage it is because you were "working" on stuff or "didn't want to show much".
From a coaching perspective you cannot "win or lose" a scrimmage. It is all about the stats.
Tica Wrote:By scrimmage time, most starting lineups have been decided upon. But I think they are useful to review how that second tier of players performs in competition and get some good insight for first-line subs.

We have a winner! :flame: