Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes close to naming new head Basketball Coach
Holmes could have a new boys' basketball coach in place by early next week, filling one of the top coaching vacancies in the state.

The selection committee in charge of narrowing the field of candidates for the position finished its first round of interviews Thursday. Covington superintendent Lynda Jackson said the school received 27 applications and interviewed six candidates.

Jackson said the committee will narrow the field for a set of second interviews, which she will attend.

Then she will make her choice.

Originally, school officials wanted a coach in place May 24. Jackson said a decision could come much sooner.

"I'm thinking we might have something by Monday or Tuesday," she said." We're pushing it up a little bit."

nky.com
who is the leading candidate???
Strikeout King Wrote:who is the leading candidate???

Jason Booher and Larry Miller.... Also Coach Wimzie is staying.
I'd say at this point, it's Jason Booher's job.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd say at this point, it's Jason Booher's job.

I hope so. I think he is the man for the job. I would love to see my Dawgs play his brand of ball.
Jason Booher has the job according to the Twitter world.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Jason Booher has the job according to the Twitter world.

i also saw that....

Congrats Coach Booher
Congrats Coach Booher. I expect he will have a few more championships under his belt with Holmes before his coaching days are done.
I think you all are getting way ahead of yourselves here. No one can site an official source. These things are usually announced at the school with a media announcement. I haven't heard of anything scheduled.
Big loss for the Valley faithful...Good Luck Booher
A mod needs to change the title of this thread...it's a bit misleading.

From what I hear, no offer has been extended yet and all these reports are false.

If someone saw something else on Twitter, please post. But unless you heard it straight from a Holmes admin or Coach Booher, this thread title needs to be changed....especially since my username is the one who started the thread.
I heard that the decison will not be made until Sunday night and announced Monday.
kywldcat01 Wrote:A mod needs to change the title of this thread...it's a bit misleading.

From what I hear, no offer has been extended yet and all these reports are false.

If someone saw something else on Twitter, please post. But unless you heard it straight from a Holmes admin or Coach Booher, this thread title needs to be changed....especially since my username is the one who started the thread.

I'm confused, if your username started this thread, then doesn't that mean you started the thread? Now you are asking to change the title because it is a bit misleading? Were you sleep "typing" when you started this thread?:zzz:
If so then I think that Valley will be fine within this region. It is an amazing situation for Booher to go up the coaching pecking order.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
goodguy Wrote:I'm confused, if your username started this thread, then doesn't that mean you started the thread? Now you are asking to change the title because it is a bit misleading? Were you sleep "typing" when you started this thread?:zzz:

When I started the thread, the title was "Holmes close to naming new coach.."

A mod then changed it to "Holmes names Jason Booher as new head coach" after there were rumors circulating that he was offered the job and had accepted.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
Jason Booher named new head coach of Holmes. He just told his basketball players that he accepted the job.
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...ball+coach

It's offical Jason Booher, will be the new boys' basketball coach at Holmes