Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavs Owner: Brown Will Still Be Our Coach
CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers are keeping coach Mike Brown -- for now.

Team owner Dan Gilbert refuted an SI.com report Friday that Brown had been fired.

"That's not true," he said during a news conference. "We are right now just going through the evaluation process."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5189101"]Cleveland Cavaliers staying with coach Mike Brown, owner Dan Gilbert says - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5189250@@AMEPARAM@@5189250[/ame]
He never said he owuld be our coach next season, he just hadnt been fired yet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
KSR is reporting that Sources Are Saying That The Decision To Fire Mike Brown Head Coach Of The Cleveland Cavaliers Has Already Been Made
^ I heard the same thing
Stardust Wrote:^ I heard the same thing

wonder who some of the possible candidates for the position if he is indeed fired?
Who cares?? Brown was horrible.
K_Mac Wrote:Who cares?? Brown was horrible.

Can you back that up with anything,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
K_Mac Wrote:Who cares?? Brown was horrible.

I wouldn't go so far as saying horrible! He has the winningiest record than any coach over the last three seasons. I know the argument will be that it's because of Lebron. If that is the argument, then just how good is Phil Jackson? Jackson has won championships? Or coaching teams with multiple superstars on a roster has won championships? Jackson is a great coach, but he only won championships with Michael had two other superstars or Kobe with two other superstars. He did not win championships in the years that Kobe lost Shaq or MJ left the Bulls. Though his teams still won, they did not win championships. Would that mean he was a horrible coach because he didn't win championships those years?
:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I wouldn't go so far as saying horrible! He has the winningiest record than any coach over the last three seasons. I know the argument will be that it's because of Lebron. If that is the argument, then just how good is Phil Jackson? Jackson has won championships? Or coaching teams with multiple superstars on a roster has won championships? Jackson is a great coach, but he only won championships with Michael had two other superstars or Kobe with two other superstars. He did not win championships in the years that Kobe lost Shaq or MJ left the Bulls. Though his teams still won, they did not win championships. Would that mean he was a horrible coach because he didn't win championships those years?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Brown should have done more with what he had this season, but things obviously didn't fall in-place for him or anyone related to the Cavs.

He isn't a bad coach, but he isn't the best in the business either.