Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2010
In a speech not too long ago, Tim Tebow said, "I take a talented player who works extremely hard over a super talented player who does not work hard."
In a fairly recent speech given by Tim Tebow, he said, and I am going to paraphrase, " I'll take a talented player who works hard every time over the super talented player who does not."
phs1986 Wrote:0304..... I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't working hard.... My point was, fast or not, if your not out there trying to improve, every single day,..... learning the program, showing the coaches you WANT to know the plays, you WANT to contribute to the program, you won't be able to hold a light to those WHO do have the experience, talent, and time in. BY no means am I saying that the young man won't play... who's to say but Coach... Peyton is an exception to the rule... He played outstanding last year as a freshmen.... BUT, look back through the years...... You can about count on one hand how many freshmen have come in and obtained a starting position. VERY few!! Hopefully this will explain a little better what I tried to get across in my earlier post!! Smile

I knew what you meant.. and you're exactly right -- Gary stepped up in '08 late in the season and did a good job and Payton took over this year and did really good but both of those guys work hard.

Those two are gonna have good years, got experience yet still young, excited to see them. Especially Gary, he's been working so hard. Think about this -- Gary has played against MaxPreps #1 ranked rushing team (despite it not having everyone's stats, still was ranked #1), he's played against an Ivan McGlone coached team, he's played against Tennessee's backup FB (Fugate), he's played against a D1 quarterback in Burchett, plus more that I'm missing and he's not even a Junior yet!
cant wait to watch them in the pike county bowl
on tha QB for varsity in my opinion will be tyler williams cause as a freshman plyn with sani hes really good an puttin him in as a freshman at his size wit 6'0 250lb linebackers puts his football career in danger so playing him as a 2nd string (in my opinion) would be a good move due to his size , playing in the 9th grade his size is good but starting him with the more sized athletes is a danger but coach haywood knows whats best for the team an he'll make the right choice
the freshman is working hard he is attending training in pikeville and recently florida.you shouldn,t talk if you don,t know what you are saying.as far as speed .out of this world and if he don,t play varsity this year it will be fine with us.he will give a clinic on thursdays. thank you.oh ps if he not on the 10 fastest list why was he down belfry sideline watching te others run because he won the first heat and didn,t have to run no more. but like i said he will be happy to run on thursday nights. just like life SPEED KILLS:yikes:
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:the freshman is working hard he is attending training in pikeville and recently florida.you shouldn,t talk if you don,t know what you are saying.as far as speed .out of this world and if he don,t play varsity this year it will be fine with us.he will give a clinic on thursdays. thank you.oh ps if he not on the 10 fastest list why was he down belfry sideline watching te others run because he won the first heat and didn,t have to run no more. but like i said he will be happy to run on thursday nights. just like life SPEED KILLS:yikes:

What is his best time in the 40?
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:the freshman is working hard he is attending training in pikeville and recently florida.you shouldn,t talk if you don,t know what you are saying.as far as speed .out of this world and if he don,t play varsity this year it will be fine with us.he will give a clinic on thursdays. thank you.oh ps if he not on the 10 fastest list why was he down belfry sideline watching te others run because he won the first heat and didn,t have to run no more. but like i said he will be happy to run on thursday nights. just like life SPEED KILLS:yikes:

First off, I want to tell you that you are going into this with the wrong mentality. Secondly, I was in no way knocking your child as I know who he is as well as you. I KNOW he has talent and ability as I've watched him play middle school ball BUT, being against a line (like stated in an earlier post) with 250lb and 300 lb kids, is totally different than playing in middle school.

It would be wise (As we all know, Coach makes all the decisions) to allow him time to grow and get his feel of the program before he comes up and is "labeled" with the rest of the team.

As for him "winning" the first heat... I wasn't there watching and to be honest, have NO clue as to what your time your talking about. My son who has played for a couple of years has been timed on his 40 too many times to count. It's part of it.... They could be timed 5 times today and none tomorrow... OR they could be timed every day for 2 weeks... It all depends on the coaching staff and Coach...

But, here is some advice to you and please do not take this wrong.... Go in with the right mentaility and know that your child is exactly that... a child.... He will be guided in the right direction and carrying a chip on your shoulder.... will get you no where fast...... Taking "constructive" tips will sometimes offend, but you have to be able to take them and not say something that you might wish you hadn't.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]

Good to hear he's training. How is it? The kid is so fast and will only get faster. But Coach Haywood likely won't throw him in there to be eaten by huge 300 pound kids yet. Wouldn't be surprised if he was back there returning kicks this year, though.
when do they get to start?
I watched Tyler play some grade school. He is going to be great.
the time is on us and i for one am very excited about the pirates this season, i dont think we will be ran on at all, and i believe that is the key to what kind of season we have, looking for big things from the front seven on d. i also look for the front line on o to be impact, lot of starters back on front on both sides of the ball, there is also alot more depth in skill spots in the jun and senior. players than what people think we have to beat sheldon clark, i have no respect for pike central, i think they got lucky last year to make it as far as they did. when they start popping pads in a few days we will no more about all the people talking about who is going to play
Looking for Belfry to break some hearts this season.
cuppett777 Wrote:when do they get to start?

Tomorrow. It's football time!!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Tomorrow. It's football time!!

It's about time!!!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
padd4pirate Wrote:It's about time!!!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I'm so with you, I've been counting the days seriously since November 14th.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Tomorrow. It's football time!!

2 a days?
cuppett777 Wrote:2 a days?

Not til Friday
How many times do they have to practice before full contact
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:How many times do they have to practice before full contact

I think 7.
belfry0304 Wrote:i think 7.
thats when the rubber meets the road, speed is probably the#1 weapon you would like to have, but if thats all you have to bring to the table you might want to run track, cant wait to hear the pads popping
padd4pirate Wrote:It's about time!!!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I thought Belfry was more of a soccer school?
A_Ray #5 :];1016257 Wrote:I thought Belfry was more of a soccer school?

Field hockey.

If you didn't know this is a post about Belfry so if you have something smart _ _ _ to say go to Sheldon Clark post we don't want here it here
besides when you go around running your mouth it comes back to bite you in the butt we wouldn't want that to happen would we.

Now Now A Ray,I think you got us confused with that martin county school...whats the name,oh yeah...sheldon clark lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If you didn't know this is a post about Belfry so if you have something smart _ _ _ to say go to Sheldon Clark post we don't want here it here
besides when you go around running your mouth it comes back to bite you in the butt we wouldn't want that to happen would we.

Really? I had no idea. Sorry you take things so personally. But if you don't wanna read my posts then don't.

And it bit me in the butt last year.

20-14.

No like i was saying i respect Belfry in everyway. But doesn't mean im not gonna rag on them? Its football and thats whats up. So get over it buddy.
padd4pirate Wrote:Now Now A Ray,I think you got us confused with that martin county school...whats the name,oh yeah...sheldon clark lol

Yeah i thought so. Gee must have been hit in the head to many times haha.
How are you guys doin that way?
so how many come out for the first day?
A_Ray #5 :];1016325 Wrote:Really? I had no idea. Sorry you take things so personally. But if you don't wanna read my posts then don't.

And it bit me in the butt last year.

20-14.

No like i was saying i respect Belfry in everyway. But doesn't mean im not gonna rag on them? Its football and thats whats up. So get over it buddy.

I haven't heard anyone rag on you all and i don't think you respect anyone you are probably a good ol boy but you can't get respect getting on here and making sum remarks that you make i wasn't mad when i said what i said i just said what was on my mind we don't bash you guys.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I haven't heard anyone rag on you all and i don't think you respect anyone you are probably a good ol boy but you can't get respect getting on here and making sum remarks that you make i wasn't mad when i said what i said i just said what was on my mind we don't bash you guys.

And have I said anything about Belfry? Maybe last year but not this year. I respect Belfry, just like i respect Pburg and JC. Do i respect Pike Central? No. LC? No. Breathitt? **** no. And really love me or hate me. Idc lol.