Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teco Coal Bowl
east ridge always host the teco bowl does anyone know who will be playing in it or when it will be
Does anyone know who will be playing in this and when East Ridge usually holds this two weeks before the season
the teco coal bowl? .... i thought that Perry Central hosted that.
no east ridge does. but its like a pre season panarama
well perry hosts one too. the teco coal commodore bowl...
Do the teams that play in the games play a regular game or do they play one team for two quarters, then rest, and play different team for two more quarters? I haven't been to the one at East Ridge in a couple of years and I was planning on attending this weekend and was just curious about the format.
big orange T Wrote:Do the teams that play in the games play a regular game or do they play one team for two quarters, then rest, and play different team for two more quarters? I haven't been to the one at East Ridge in a couple of years and I was planning on attending this weekend and was just curious about the format.

Most the time a game is with the same team through out.
yeah, bit when it comes to the pre-season, things can be different.

Sched that I'm been told is...
Hurley - Burch, 6:00
Grundy - Pikeville, 7:30 ish
Haysi - East Ridge, 9:00 ish

When I went a few years back, it was 2 quarters, then some 10-play sets.
Only 1 opponent each.
VHSL-helper Wrote:yeah, bit when it comes to the pre-season, things can be different.

Only 1 opponent each.

This is correct. I believe it is a 10-10 series then 2 quarters each.
VHSL-helper Wrote:yeah, bit when it comes to the pre-season, things can be different.

Only 1 opponent each.

Who all is going to the "bowl" tonight?
Pikeville OT Wrote:Who all is going to the "bowl" tonight?
I'll be there.
I'll be there too. To bad I have to sit through 3 hours of other teams before I get to see ER. I've been curious about Pikeville though...
Give us some updates on these games.
sheriff Wrote:Give us some updates on these games.
Grundy and Pikeville tied at 14. Poor showing by the Panthers.
ER beat Haysi 35-7, I think, unless they scored in the last 9 minutes.

Does anyone know if Haysi just sucks this year or is ER pretty good? They looked **** good to me..
vundy33 Wrote:ER beat Haysi 35-7, I think, unless they scored in the last 9 minutes.

Does anyone know if Haysi just sucks this year or is ER pretty good? They looked **** good to me..

ER did impress me...They have played Haysi in the Teco Bowl on several occasions and this is the first time they have ever beat them.
Congrats to ER, Haysi seemed down though. SV is the real test.
Don't be surprised if the Warriors don't turn a few heads this year. I'm not saying they will win the district or anything like that, but I feel they will be much improved.
How was the burch and hurley game???
Hurley won 19-0 I believe.
I am having a really hard time determining who may win next weeks game. I think that ER has a lot of experience returning- or so I heard once or twice over the summer- so I think that they have the edge. As far as talent, I do not know enough about either to make a fair assessment. Good luck to both teams and I will say ER by about 6.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EastRidge will beat Hurley like a drum.....Grundy could be interesting..You guys got a good coach and looked really improved keep up the work.
Is Burch, down this year????
east ridge has went above and beyond last years team. they was sharp last night there line on both side was really blowing haysi off the ball. i belive they can hang right in there with them valley cats