Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second thoughts for Terrence Jones?
http://www.allkyhoops.com/

Interesting that he didn't sign his LOI, which most players do immediately after announcing.
Can Coach Cal be working his magic? :worthy::worthy::worthy:
Magic shoe contract offers or something...I mean there is noway that he commits in front of 25k watching and before the next day changes his mind...I mean really...IM calling it and i will get alot said to me...but something will come of this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Magic shoe contract offers or something...I mean there is noway that he commits in front of 25k watching and before the next day changes his mind...I mean really...IM calling it and i will get alot said to me...but something will come of this

What exactly are you "calling?"

Anyways, I posted in the other thread that KSR was reporting that Jones had not signed his LOI yet and that Cal had made a call to Jones shortly after he announced.

According to Jones' coach, he is having some serious second thoughts about his decision. The fact that he hasn't signed his LOI just makes it all the more interesting.

However, I really cannot see how he change his mind after announcing publicly that he was going to Washington. Yeah, I mean I know he CAN do it, but wouldn't that be embarrassing to have another presser to say you've changed your mind?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
comforteagle Wrote:what exactly are you "calling?"

violations
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Buy him coach cal, just dont get caught though!
I think if that were violating some type of rule then someone already would have made a HUGE deal about this and it wouldn't have gone SO public, SO quickly.
it will as soon as he commits to UK!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
This from KSR:

"It ain’t over yet. The recruiting announcement that gave us Stephen Madison’s emotional pick of Idaho, a “Husky Mom” in more ways than one and an MC straight out of the Montgomery Flea Market (its just like a mini-mall), now gives us another twist. The Seattle Times is reporting that Jones is having second thoughts after initially choosing Washington at the press conference. According to the newspaper, Jones told the media that he almost picked the UK hat before choosing Washington and that he decided to go to Washington at the last second. HE then talked to Calipari for 15 minutes and now the Washington LOI remains unsigned. He wants to finalize his decision tonight, but as of now…no decision has been made."
I'm thinking that since Jones did not sign a LOI, that it would not be any kind of violation for Cal to remain in contact. A verbal is about as solid as jell-o in today's world of networking and media.
Terrance Jones has removed the tweet from his twitter account that proclaimed he was a Husky.
Recent Enes Kanter tweet: eneskanter

hey big blue nation.......hold your breath. good news coming ur way about 1 hour ago via Echofon
I'm hearing that the Enes Kanter twitter account is a fake. Sorry guys.
"Another" site is saying that Jones called Calipari, not the other way around like people have been assuming since the commitment.
Well regardless of the possible fake account, all of those seem to be things leaning the way of UK getting some good news. This situation is crazy but if we get TJ in the end then this wild ride will be worth it!
So from reading on all the other UK sites, sounds like Jones gave a verbal to only Calipari earlier this week, then committed to Washington tonight, called Cal to tell him the bad news, then they got to talking, and now he's reconsidering.
^ That could make A LOT of sense!
What are these "other" UK sites?
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^ That could make A LOT of sense!
What are these "other" UK sites?

the "other" site, KSR, allkyhoops, truebluekentucky.

Anthony Wireman says Terrence Ross just put this on his Facebook:

Terrence Ross Well at least u dub has this Terrence sstill comin... lol
Terrence Ross might just be being sarcastic at this point in time because he might be upset that his friend and teammate is considering moving across the country but he could also already be saying that he knows what Jones is doing. You can never be too sure...
Maybe, he got nervous in front of all the people and didnt wanna let them down so he stayed local?? Who knows?? :biggrin:
Man I just got back and this is some crazy stuff going on. I swear this kid is absolutely ripped on his decision. If he comes up with a different decision is there another press conference lol. I have no idea what to expect.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is there any penalties for backing out of loi just in Ross's case if he has a change on mind
Im not exactly sure. I would say that there is not.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He has gone this far, it will be hard and very embarrassing to turn back now. However this would be great for UK. By the way it is great to be hated on by louisville fans, knowing they would love to have a coach like Cal.
beasy_bo Wrote:Is there any penalties for backing out of loi just in Ross's case if he has a change on mind

He has to be released from his Loi by the team, or their will be penalties.
Crazy stuff. I just don't think he wants to play so far from home. Too bad, UK really needs him.
I really hope their is some type of truth to this rumor.....Terrance Jones IMO had more upside in the class....I wanted him to be a cat bad.
I read on a site that TJ said he wasnt for sure who called who but they had a heart to heart talk...If this is true than somethingis fishy...He didnt know if he called cal or cal called hime
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:I read on a site that TJ said he wasnt for sure who called who but they had a heart to heart talk...If this is true than somethingis fishy...He didnt know if he called cal or cal called hime

Maybe they met at L'ville restaurant?
beasy_bo Wrote:Is there any penalties for backing out of loi just in Ross's case if he has a change on mind

Until he signs his letter of intent then there is still nothing more than a verbal commitment which is not binding in any way.