Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Anderson New Coach at Boyd County
Coach Anderson is the new coach at Boyd talked to the team this morning. A good hire for Boyd a tough loss for Lawrence.
Why in the world would he want to wade into that political swamp. Great coach and a great person. I only hope the folks at Boyd realize what a good hire this is for them and don't chew him up and spit him out. It is easy to see why he left LC as there is no feeder program in Lawrence.
He will be missed in more ways then a basketball coach.. He has played large role in turning the boys into young men.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Wouldnt be shocked to see Wade Skaggs go to another school now that they have no coach and little talent left.

Good luck Coach A we wish u the best.
It is time for the admin. to step to the plate or we will lose much more than just Skaggs. They need to step up and get a very good coach that can carry on the momentum that Coach Anderson has built. This coaching choice better not be about trying to save money. When You Pinch Pennies You Waste Dollars. Do the math. 12 home games with a bad team will cost you at least 50-60K year plus all the concessions that go with those fans.
Have to say I a bit shocked to hear this because coach Anderson is a top notch coach and has certainly turned around the Dawgs. Shoot I was hoping he would apply for the vacant Sheldon Clark job but I wish him the best of luck at Boyd County. He is a top notch coach and person.
Yes, he will be sorely missed. He was not only an excellent coach, parent, friend but a great mentor to the kids of Lawrence County.
Side of me wants to say trader but side of me sees what he has done for lc basketball so i will leave it at that.
I think Wade and his family are more loyal than that!
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Side of me wants to say trader but side of me sees what he has done for lc basketball so i will leave it at that.

So Coach Anderson is a trader? What does he trade? Knives? Guns? Cars? Or are you calling him a "traitor"?
That is funny, you guys crack me up. You all know he is a golf club trader.
Its not a matter if Wade family is loyal or not. Bottom line he needs to do whats best for him. As Randy did himself! Years from now, he will reqret not giving himself the best chance to play college basketball and it wont be from a new coach and little or no talent that's left.

Run Wade Run while you have the chance and another year to compete with talented kids.
Coach Anderson is a class act. Great hire for BC.
As a former player of Coach A's I was devastated to hear this. Coach Anderson was like a father and best friend to me. All of you Boyd County fans out there better be thankful you have him. He is not only a top of the line coach, but a kind hearted person with wonderful character. He has always been there for his players when they needed him and I dont see that changing no matter where he is. His presence at Lawrence County will be missed.
Yeah, you've got to look out for yourself at the expense of the fans and players you've spent your whole life with. That's a good lesson for everyone out there! I forgot that colleges don't give scholarships to kids who don't play for championship teams.
I don't blame coach for leaving even though I do not completely understand it. I hate that he did leave and still can't believe it. We have to move on. I just hope the Board realizes that we have to have a high quality, experienced coach that knows how to get us to the next level. We don't want to lose what has been already developed here at LC. We love our kids, lets keep them together. Make a good hire.
What this mean? They gonna try winning games now?
HUge task ahead for Coach Anderson
I have read several news paper articles and posts online about what a great coach Anderson is but the truth is in 9 seasons at LC he had 3 winning seasons. I have read that he is a program builder but I cant agree with that either. All you have to do is look at the feeder program in LC. The group of boys LC had the last 2 years anyone could of coached and had winning seasons. He left the program in worse shape than when he started. So good luck Boyd hope he turns things around.
UH, no....I have to disagree Mr. No. The team had done nothing, absolutely nothing in regards to winning districts and going and playing in regional semi's and championships EVER. LC is a baseball, football, town. (Not trying to offend the tennis and track cotestants.) Everybody that knows anything about LC knows it. He turned LC into a legitimate, contending PROGRAM and not just a team, providing stability and leadership along the way. If the right hire is made then the program will continue to succeed. There is finally a solid foundation to build upon. Whether you like the man or not, agree with his tactics or not, approve his method of doing things or not, you can not deny that he knows how to run a program and coach the game. He is the most organized coach I've seen in 30+ years of being around the game. How many district championships did he win? What he did in 9 years is far superior to what all other boys coaches accomplished COMBINED at LC since the school was formed. Boyd Co got a gem of a coach in Coach A. They knew what he could do for their program. That's why they came and got him.
Anderson is the only coach that has ever had the oppourtunity to stay there nine years. Anyone can coach good players like he has had the last two seasons. Good coaches are competive every year. The program is not in good shape as you say.
Congrats to BC on getting a heck of a person to join their community. Not to mention, he can really coach the game of basketball. I will be pulling for BC in all their games bc I have a lot of respect for Coach A and would like to see him to continue to succeed. Best of luck to BC!! Smile
Does anyone know if Coach Anderson has any of his asst. lined out yet?
Mr. No is correct
I have to disagree, when Coach A got here our basketball program was horrible . The kids had no basketball skills. We have always had great athletes but they had no basketball skills. There were a few that did have basketball skills. (Ex. Gerad Parker) The time where you have a little in school program where the kids play each other is over. It is up to the parents to start up a team where the kids can play against the best competition around. I know for a fact that he has offered his time and was willing to open the gym for any team that needed to practice. A head coach does not have time to run a youth program. The parents have to get involved. Every year you wait is another year they are behind. By the time they are in 6th grade it is too late, they are already 5-6 years behind. High School coaching used to be a 3-4 month ordeal now it has evolved into a year round responsibility.
Before ANderson came to LC the program was as good if not better as six of the nine seasons he coached LC. The last two seasons are a direct result of the former youth program the parents had in LC. As for the 6th grade being to late to start playing basketball King Kelly Coleman didnt know what a basketball was when he was 11years old so that kind of blows that theory out of the water.
Don't be shocked that Anderson left.....money talks ya know!
Anyone know how much LC paid Anderson?
Any word on if Skaggs follows Anderson.
Surly not!