Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge and South Floyd
SF by 7, ER cant handle the big men
I tend to agree SF by 10+
I think SF by 12. I agree ER can't play with the big men from SF if the coaching staff at SF will make ER try to match up. Against Paintsville, SF started 4 gaurds in an attempt to play Painstville style of run and gun instead of slowing the game down and making Paintsville match up with the size at SF. They have three very good post players, use them.
BIG time matchup troubles for ER in this one. I hate that Big Grin
SF by 10+

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:00 am:

"Showtyme" Wrote:I think SF by 12. I agree ER can't play with the big men from SF if the coaching staff at SF will make ER try to match up. Against Paintsville, SF started 4 gaurds in an attempt to play Painstville style of run and gun instead of slowing the game down and making Paintsville match up with the size at SF. They have three very good post players, use them.

SF didn't start 4 gaurds, they started Ryan Johnson and Mason Hall who always start as gaursd, and Wes Hall who starts at Forward, and then Ethan Johnson, whose a gaurd, but was replacing Burnett Little. Then at center Stephen Stanley. They didn't play Painstville style basketball.
I feel that the Raiders shall bring forth a reckoning on the Ridgers.
You are right ballababy. That was the SF starters but R. Johnson and M. Hall are the starting guards and Ethan is also a guard. W. Hall is a forward in name only he is under six foot and is not a traditional forward. He gives SF an additional shooter and ball handler on the floor, more like a swing 2-3 position. SF could have started a very good post player in Ryan Little to cause paintsville more of a match up problem as the only two paintsville big men found themselves in foul trouble trying to match up when the big men were in for SF. What I meant by paintsville style is that when paintsville scores 70 points they normally win and under 70 they usually lose. SF pressed and allowed freshman Landon Slone to drive score and/or get foouled going to the line and scoring 30+. SF could have played a match up zone (3-2, 1-2-2) to slow the driving layups down and make paintsville work for tougher shots as they had no inside game.
I think South Floyd pulls this one out, given that I don't know where this game is to be played at I will say this, if in Hi Hat, Raiders by 14, if played at East Ridge, Raiders win by 3-5.
South Floyd by 9
S.F. is scoring 68.5ppg so the paintsville game was played at their pace not paintsvilles. I think the coaching staff started ethan at the gaurd because of Burnett not playing the first half and did not start Ryan little because he has been a spark off the bench and sometimes you do not want to change that. Tonights game will be a good game and I look for branham to get his 24 or 25 points but the raiders controll the glass and the post and the raiders win 70-64
I think East Ridge will pull this one out. They'll try to run the fast break alot, and when they're in half court offense, they'll slow the game down and work it outside until they find an open shot.
I look for Branham to have 27-30+ in this game. He is averaging just over 24 per game this year. He will more than likely be the only bright spot for ER. SF has shown an inability to stop or even slow dow a good player, ie Combs- Perry Central, Hubbs- Cawood, Simon- BL, Slone- Paintsville, all of which of late had outstanding games against the raiders.