Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best running back in the State
Who is the best running back in the state?
Darrell Cross deserves mention. As does the kid from Rockcastle Co.
Cory davenport from bell and maybe dominque carton if he get to run this year .hes a beast.
I am sure that there are many very good running back in the entire state of Kentucky; therefore picking just one is definitely highly subjective, especially since we're approximately five and one-half months from the beginning of the 2010 season.

But there is not one thing wrong with stating ones opinion of who he/she thinks is the best. Good luck to all! Let's see "bunch" of opinions on this subject.
Josh Harris from Mason County is really good too. As is Corey Lyle from Greenup Co. I dont think either of these are the "top RB in the state", but, both are talented and will have big years next year for their schools.
pirates wont have one so called go to guy like in years past, but will be every good
Davenport from Bell is the best back east of 75.
Heard he was good. Haven't gotten a chance to see him in action.
LClion4life Wrote:Heard he was good. Haven't gotten a chance to see him in action.
go to u tube and type in cory davenport to see his highlights .his brother is on there too cody.
belldad2011 Wrote:go to u tube and type in cory davenport to see his highlights .his brother is on there too cody.

Thanks for the link! He is tremendous!
Cory Davenport from Bell And Clark Rowe from Rockcastle are good. Both still have two years left.
Travis Elliot of Ryle. He's only a Junior. He's a very impressive runner. He's short, stocky and has good speed. He's a good mix of a power and break away runner.
If Matney turns in stats to the KHSAA next season, Junior J. J. Jude of Johnson Central should be near the top of the list of the state's leading rushers. As usual, Johnson Central's rushing attack will be among the best in the state.
paulcssi Wrote:I am sure that there are many very good running back in the entire state of Kentucky; therefore picking just one is definitely highly subjective, especially since we're approximately five and one-half months from the beginning of the 2010 season.

But there is not one thing wrong with stating ones opinion of who he/she thinks is the best. Good luck to all! Let's see "bunch" of opinions on this subject.

...This is an opinion site....:biggrin:
Top 5 next season- subject to change.

In order-

#1 Jarrell Moore- Fern Creek HS- Commit to UofL
#2 Tre Powell- Fort Campbell- Former WR, but great ATH with 3 state titles already in HS.
#3 Corey Davenport- Bell Co.
#4 Darrell Cross- Rowan Co
#5 Clark Rowe- Rockcastle Co.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJr6Y-oMJo"]YouTube- Cory Davenport Highlight 09[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NlVc_42DM8&feature=fvw"]YouTube- Jerrell Moore Jr. Year[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qllZxW4Hz1g"]YouTube- Darrell Cross #32 Rowan County Junior Highlights[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXNs-XF4b8"]YouTube- Tre Powell #23[/ame]
paulcssi Wrote:I am sure that there are many very good running back in the entire state of Kentucky; therefore picking just one is definitely highly subjective, especially since we're approximately five and one-half months from the beginning of the 2010 season.

ok you ask for it i have two that should be addit dre banta from Eminence
and joey woods from Owen county these will be huge playmaker this year
rebel 4 life Wrote:ok you ask for it i have two that should be addit dre banta from Eminence
and joey woods from Owen county these will be huge playmaker this year

These guys are probably good players for their teams, but I think I got it nailed down pretty tight on the top backs in the state.
The Iceboxx Wrote:These guys are probably good players for their teams, but I think I got it nailed down pretty tight on the top backs in the state.

never ment to say your picks were wrong this is for the smaller schools up north
Justin Smith - Pike County Central.
Does anyone have a highlights video for Clark Rowe or any of the others mentioned?
All I know is Cory Davenport can flat our run. Just think he still has 2 years left at Bell Co..
I would take Jerelle Moore of Fern Creek over anyone. Fastest player in the state!

Cross and Davenport are also very talented backs.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I would take Jerelle Moore of Fern Creek over anyone. Fastest player in the state!

Cross and Davenport are also very talented backs.

Yeah Yeah same here, Check out the rankings above, Jarrell Moore has dangerous speed. The speed combined with that Zone offense. D-Cord. have to be going crazy when they see the kid on film.
i think grant mckenzie will be a great running back, not best in state, but very quick and elusive
Yep. Jerelle Moore is the best RB. I think I'll take Cory Davenport as #2, though. All this until we see the others who haven't got to showcase their talent, yet
Get use to hearing the name JJ Jude. Kid works real hard during off season. He will be a monster and only a junior.