Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source: Woods Return Still Up In The Air
A day after multiple reports had Tiger Woods returning to competitive golf at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in two weeks or the Masters next month, a source told ESPN.com Friday that "no final decision has been made" with regards to his schedule.

Speculation has been furious since it was learned that Woods returned to Orlando, Fla., two weeks ago following a counseling stint and immediately began practicing.

Last weekend Woods' swing coach since 2004, Hank Haney, arrived to work with the world's No. 1 golfer at his home course, Isleworth, and theories about when Woods might play again have abounded.

Golf legend Jack Nicklaus last week said he "can't imagine in 100 years he is going to miss Augusta," and he figured Woods would play an event prior to the Masters.

The Arnold Palmer Invitational is viewed as a logical spot to return because of its proximity to his home and the fact that Woods is a two-time defending champion and has won six times professionally at the Bay Hill Club where the tournament is played. The tournament begins March 25.

If Woods skips Palmer's tournament and does decide to play the Masters, he would go to Augusta National -- where he has won four times but not since 2005 -- not having played an official tournament round since Nov. 15, the day he won the Australian Masters.

During his Feb. 19 public statement, Woods' only comments about getting back to playing golf were: "I do plan to return to golf one day, I just don't know when that day will be. I don't rule out that it will be this year."

There have been no public acknowledgements from Woods since, and none of his representatives has commented on the matter.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4990504"]Source: Tiger Woods' return tournament still up in air - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4927852@@AMEPARAM@@4927852[/ame]
I look forward to whenever he does deside to return.