Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Carter 48 - Fairview 38 (16th Region Championship)
Final!

Congrats East Carter!
way to go East Carter
Just got hoome from the game. Terrific job by coach Baker and the Raiders. Shot it well tonight from behind the arc. Barnhill was MVP and Bair was defensive player of the tourney. Good luck at Rupp. I'd be interested in seeing a matchup of Barnhill vs. the big boy from Bowling Green if they make it.
Congrats !! to East Carter on a Regional title. Had to defeat who many would have said the tourney favorite for the second time of the year.
Watching this game, and the last couple from both of these teams, I really feel like Fairview has more talent, but East has a better team, and are a lot more well coached.

Congrats East Carter.
Both teams played as well as they could. Free throws killed Fairview, but East Carter was (again tonight) the better team. Fairview's talent is second to none, but East is doing a great job of playing to their strengths.

Barnhill is a game changer. No one in the region could stop him, and he's actually a very unselfish player. Buck hit some key threes, Adams hit key free throws, and Bair was his usual steady self. Genung played very well, especially early in the game when he was defending Collins.

Fairview is a heckuva team in their own right. When Collins decides to go to the basket, he is virtually unstoppable. Far to quick for a big man, and can elevate above anyone close to his size. I think Fairview would have been better off if he had been a little greedy tonight. Jackson is deceptively good. He has a very solid game underneath, and he can shoot the lights out from the perimeter.

I hope East has a good run at Rupp.
The 62nd District owns the 16th region last 5 years they have been to the finals.
Congrats to East Carter on winning the region and advancing to Rupp.

They will be decided underdogs against either Warren Central or Bowling Green in the first round of the Sweet Sixteen, but I wish them well.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great game by East They deserved to win. Shot lights out from 3. They handle the ball great and move the ball around very fast. Alot closer game than the score indicates. Fairview had to foul an East converted then Fairview would force 3's and have to foul nothing unusual that is the way most games turn out. Fairview couldn't make free throws and it eventualy killed them. Great year by both teams it would have been great to see either team go to Rupp. Congrats to my buddy Caleb Adams you played a great game. Seen your Dad at BWW's before the game and he was so nervous I guess he had nothing to worry about again congrats and good luck at State.
Congrats EC!! Good luck at STATE!
RUPP AREA BOUND!!!!