Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild March
This has been the wildest March in terms of upset that I have ever heard of; the crazy scores continue to come in, and most regional titles are still in the semi finals.

-All of the Final Four teams from 09 have been eliminated.(Elliot,Holmes,West Jess, Central)

-#2 Trinity, and #3 Holmes have been outed.

- Accourding to the BGR rankings, 10 of the top 20 schools have been beaten thus far.

- Traditional Powers like PRP, Elliot Co., Eastern , J*town, Lex Cath and Fairdale have already been put out.

I honestly feel like the 2010 state title is anyones for the taking, considering the field is so diffrent from years past. All of this change in the scenery and most regions have two more rounds left. WOW!

Thoughts?
The Iceboxx Wrote:This has been the wildest March in terms of upset that I have ever heard of; the crazy scores continue to come in, and most regional titles are still in the semi finals.

-All of the Final Four teams from 09 have been eliminated.(Elliot,Holmes,West Jess, Central)

- Accourding to the BGR rankings, 10 of the top 20 schools have been beaten thus far.

- Traditional Powers like PRP, Elliot Co., Eastern , J*town, Lex Cath and Fairdale have already been put out.

I honestly feel like the 2010 state title is anyones for the taking, considering the field is so diffrent from years past. All of this change in the scenery and most regions have two more rounds left. WOW!

Thoughts?

West Jessamine has not been eliminated from the 12th Region yet. They play Boyle County tonight at Pulaski County High School at 6:00.
This is not a unique year. This happens every year. It's the great thing about HS basketball.
The Iceboxx Wrote:This has been the wildest March in terms of upset that I have ever heard of; the crazy scores continue to come in, and most regional titles are still in the semi finals.

Thoughts?

My first thought is traditional powers? All of these fit the bill except Elliott Co. A run of a few years doesn't mean traditional power. Actually region doormat has been more appropriate for their past. They did have a great run though, and will be decent next year as well, but not a power by any means on the state level on a consistent basis.
Elliott County is a traditional power?
Yes it has been a wild March and it is not over yet is the great thing!
Fred Sanford Wrote:Elliott County is a traditional power?

Elliot has won more regional titles in the last 4 years than 99% of the teams in the state.

Over the last 6 years Elliot is 145-40. Which averages out to a 24-6 per year. They have three regional championships, and one runner up.

What team in the state has been this good lately. I truely meant that they have been an constant of late, and just a familar face at Rupp.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Elliot has won more regional titles in the last 4 years than 99% of the teams in the state.

Over the last 6 years Elliot is 145-40. Which averages out to a 24-6 per year. They have three regional championships, and one runner up.

What team in the state has been this good lately. I truely meant that they have been an constant of late, and just a familar face at Rupp.

That is an awesome accomplishment, and one to be extremely proud of. I think the questions before is regarding tradition. It sounds like EC had a great "Class", that gave them an awesome run. But tradition would be what they have done over the last 25 years.

Take away the last 6 years and what did it look like the previous 20? Was the number of Regional titles and won/loss record comparable to the last 5-6?
Makes it an even crazier march now that GRC got knocked off by Mason Co.