Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins??
I hear Jenkins is in the process of hiring a new offensive coordinator? Any one know who it is or what offense they will run? Coach Maggard will get it done given the support and time.
Jenkins dont have a prayer in ever building a good football team. The best go to LCC.
They are running a new offense, but have the same oc.
well all the best players dont got 2 lcc, i aint saying im the best bc im not no one is , but i just wonder 2 clear that up...and jenkins will build up a good football team, u just have 2 give it time....
So, what's the new offense?
Jenkins desperately needs a new offense! They were horrid last year. They honestly don't stand much of a chance this year though either. They lost what little talent they had to graduation. Good luck to the Cavs in the upcoming season.
You can only run an offense that you have the personnel to run and I don't think Jenkins has the players to really spread things out.
Even though I don't think it will be a good year, I think it will be better. They will have spring practice, and 7 vs 7 which is something they didn't have. They are in the weight room and doing the little things, it will help. 5th through the 8th grade will be key to getting this program going.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Saw pictures of the inside of the weight room at Jenkins...really nice. Hopefully they will see the results.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Jenkins desperately needs a new offense! They were horrid last year. They honestly don't stand much of a chance this year though either. They lost what little talent they had to graduation. Good luck to the Cavs in the upcoming season.
Did the offense see any improvement? If they did even if it was minimal a team needs to stick with it (as long as they improve) due to having to learn a totally new system and have little to no success all over again. JMO.
It really doesn't matter what it looks like. If they don't use it then it serves no purpose. I do believe they are, but to get all of them to be that committed is always the problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How does Jenkins stay open, and what is their enrollment.?

Its got to be tough to get kids out when you have the Letcher County College just 10 min away.
I had heard they had great numbers in the spring practice. I also heard that there was some consolidation going on in the Virginia area. Will that cause some kids to want to transfer?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Never Mind, I found the article about the consolidation in Virgina. It is a while away so I don't think it will affect right now. http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9005187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Why not go to Jenkins if you dont get PT at Letcher.
Well either way you go someone isn't going to get as much playing time as the others. I think so far Coach Hammonds has been fair based on talent and not by players family.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

foxtrot Wrote:i hear jenkins is in the process of hiring a new offensive coordinator? Any one know who it is or what offense they will run? Coach maggard will get it done given the support and time.
how can they do that, big mag the head coach was their o cordinator last year. From what i heard he ran the d but gave up 60 a game so mid season he took the o from the guy doing it.
And i better not get any threatening private messages again for posting my opinion.
cavspride Wrote:well all the best players dont got 2 lcc, i aint saying im the best bc im not no one is , but i just wonder 2 clear that up...and jenkins will build up a good football team, u just have 2 give it time....

Whoof! Enough said. Good luck kid as you venture into the world of fast food service.
I noticed 2-3 Jenkins' surnames on the LCC roster this past season you're going to see even more next season!
atlanta Wrote:I noticed 2-3 Jenkins' surnames on the LCC roster this past season you're going to see even more next season!

Surnames? What is that? What are you saying?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Foxtrot Wrote:I hear Jenkins is in the process of hiring a new offensive coordinator? Any one know who it is or what offense they will run? Coach Maggard will get it done given the support and time.

They did get a new OC, I have talked to him twice. He likes to run the ball, just what Maggard and the Cavs need.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Surnames? What is that? What are you saying?

He is talking about their last names.
So who is the new O-Coordinator if you have talked to him? Name? Will he be teaching at the school also? I wish Jenkins well.
I keep hearing new offensive cordinator? The same guy is doing the o that started off doing it last year before mag took it over at midseason. It aint nobody new from what i hear. Big mag needs to spread the field and throw the ball if he wants to have a chance. Jenkins aint gonna line up and run over " anybody" so spread the field and if you do have a kid or two that can run at least give them some green grass and open field to have a "chance" of making something happen. Big mag needs to run the spread, give those kids a chance to make a big play. You the HEAD coach, Don't be letting everybody tell you what to do, It's your team.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You can only run an offense that you have the personnel to run and I don't think Jenkins has the players to really spread things out.
If Jenkins has some kids that can run it's the only shot they got. If you got some speed put it in the open field. It takes players to line up and run over people. If you can't spread the field you sure can't line up and run over them. Spread it out and give your kids a chance in the open field. If you don't spread the D out you aint giving those kids a chance to make big plays where they got room to do it.
letcher_central1;987201[B Wrote:]They did get a new OC, I have talked to him twice. He likes to run the ball,[/B] just what Maggard and the Cavs need.
Last time I'm gonna say it, SPREAD THE FIELD AND GIVE THEM KIDS A CHANCE. Let them have some fun. Kids don't want to line up and run for 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Give them a chance to make a big play out there in the open field. Aint nothing like catching a 40 yard touchdown pass or a big fade for a score. Spread that D out and give them kids a chance to make stuff happen.
Do they have the personnel to run a spread offense this year?
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I keep hearing new offensive cordinator? The same guy is doing the o that started off doing it last year before mag took it over at midseason. It aint nobody new from what i hear. Big mag needs to spread the field and throw the ball if he wants to have a chance. Jenkins aint gonna line up and run over " anybody" so spread the field and if you do have a kid or two that can run at least give them some green grass and open field to have a "chance" of making something happen. Big mag needs to run the spread, give those kids a chance to make a big play. You the HEAD coach, Don't be letting everybody tell you what to do, It's your team.

The HEAD coach IS responsible for ALL the decision making process. If he is not then he SHOULD NOT be a head coach. Not stating this is the case but it is a benefical thing for assistant coaches to give constructive critisism BUT they do need to follow the lead of the man in charge. If a head coach truly believes in his system then that is EXACTLY what he needs to do.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:If Jenkins has some kids that can run it's the only shot they got. If you got some speed put it in the open field. It takes players to line up and run over people. If you can't spread the field you sure can't line up and run over them. Spread it out and give your kids a chance in the open field. If you don't spread the D out you aint giving those kids a chance to make big plays where they got room to do it.

That's the problem. They don't have kids that can run and they don't have speed.