Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard Bulldogs
37.50%
Knott Co. Central Patriots
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central vs Hazard (14th Region Semi Final) 3/8
What say you?
Depends on how Knott responds to this game. If they play Hazard the same as Breathitt....game.....Hazard.
But, all in all I say Knott by 5 or 6
Knott by 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Knott by 9.
Im gonna say Knott, but.., not by much.

KCC-65
Hazard-61
If Allen Fugate can stay out of foul trouble I'll say Hazard by 3, but if not knott by 8.
In what has been an good year overall for the 14th, these two teams will met for the fourth time in the regional semi's.

Knott Central has won all three previous meetings. Game should be a classic

Good luck to both teams
pcc by 33
BondJamesBond Wrote:In what has been an good year overall for the 14th, these two teams will met for the fourth time in the regional semi's.

Knott Central has won all three previous meetings. Game should be a classic

Good luck to both teams

I like Knott County but this is tournament time and Big Al doesnt ever or too my knowledge lost to the same team 4 times in a season. I think hazard wins 62 to 57.
Hazard by 3.
Knott-64
Hazard-59
Hazard by 5 :Thumbs:
Knott better be ready to see some defense because Hazard has a solid defense where Breathitt basically has none! I think Hazard is going to just out work Knott in the game and win a close one!

Hazard by 5
baller4life Wrote:pcc by 33

lol
I just don't think it's possible for Big Al to play a team 4 times and never win.
Hazard by 4
baller4life Wrote:pcc by 33

Good call... Anyways..

Knott by 7.
I hope KCC wins but has big al ever lost 4 times to the same team in a season...This year is the first, Kcc by 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
KCC by 9 good luck boys
Obviously Knott Central will be favored but Hazard is playing good ball now. Might not be as easy for Knott Central as some think and could be an upset. Hazard has to find an answer for Stamper driving to basket. He scored 32 at Hazard. If he and Cox are hot it could be a long night for Hazard but if Hazard is hitting it could be a good game.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just don't think it's possible for Big Al to play a team 4 times and never win.
Hazard by 4

Exactly right...he is to good of a coach not to find a way to beat them or find a way to motivate his team to the victory...Hazard by 6
There were times that Breathitt grabbed every board last night- a lot of times by Jade Haddix. KCC is small, and if Hazard's Fugate and Olinger are in the game it could spell trouble for KCC.

I will say this - I've watched Hazard, KCC and PCC all play earlier in the year. Hazard seems to be playing better than they were while KCC and PCC seem about the same.

In this tourney I would normally be for the underdog team, but I'm not sure who it would be, other than Wolfe, and they have practically no chance of winning the whole thing. PCC probably has the best chance just because of their draw. Just my opinion.
knott by 10
ARC Wrote:There were times that Breathitt grabbed every board last night- a lot of times by Jade Haddix. KCC is small, and if Hazard's Fugate and Olinger are in the game it could spell trouble for KCC.

I will say this - I've watched Hazard, KCC and PCC all play earlier in the year. Hazard seems to be playing better than they were while KCC and PCC seem about the same.

In this tourney I would normally be for the underdog team, but I'm not sure who it would be, other than Wolfe, and they have practically no chance of winning the whole thing. PCC probably has the best chance just because of their draw. Just my opinion.

A huge reason Hazard lost those three games to Knott is because Fugate was on the bench the majority of the time. Seems like he always gets in early foul trouble against Knott.
Hazard-79
Knott-56
Aslan Wrote:A huge reason Hazard lost those three games to Knott is because Fugate was on the bench the majority of the time. Seems like he always gets in early foul trouble against Knott.

Well, this will be with 15th region refs. It could be different this time.

I've watched all 4 games, and it seems to me that these refs are pretty much letting them play.

What do you think? Are the 15th region refs letting them play, calling them closer, or calling about the same as 14th refs?

Will letting them play favor Hazard more than anyone else?
KCC in a tight game!
dortonite Wrote:KCC in a tight game!

I agree. If Stamper comes to play I think they could leave Hazard sitting.
But like others have said, Big Al probably won't allow it.
triplemaniaman Wrote:Hazard-79
Knott-56

Funny guy.
ARC Wrote:Well, this will be with 15th region refs. It could be different this time.

I've watched all 4 games, and it seems to me that these refs are pretty much letting them play.

What do you think? Are the 15th region refs letting them play, calling them closer, or calling about the same as 14th refs?

Will letting them play favor Hazard more than anyone else?

I didn't go to the first round games but I've seen Hazard and KCC play a lot this year. Hazard is much more physical and if the refs let them play, it definitely favors them. Fugate and Olinger are great offensive rebounders and KCC will have to keep them off the glass. If the refs let them play and don't call bogus over the back fouls, Hazard will have there way in the paint. If Fugate gets in foul trouble, I'll take KCC by double digits. If not, it will be a close game either way. One of the main reasons Hazard beat Perry is because he didn't get in any foul trouble.
To the second question it favors Perry and Hazard more than anyone. There the to two most physical teams and the best defensive teams. They also have the two best bigs in the region who tend to get in foul trouble easy.
triplemaniaman Wrote:Hazard-79
Knott-56

um........no.