Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 74 Owsley County 61
Just in. Perry wins and a HUGE game for Cornett down low.
Dillon Cornett had 29 Points as Perry wins.
Owsley came out hot leading at the end of the first 14-8, with 12 coming from Devin Evans.
2nd quarter begins with a Jordan Amis 3 and it was all commodores from there on out.
Wolfe awaits after a 2 pt victory over JBS.
Congrats Dores! Good luck against Wolfe Co.
Dore's did not cover the spread.
Not much of suprise as Perry moves on.
Perry Co. Central 8 23 21 22 - 74

Owsley Co. 14 12 17 18 - 61

14th Region at Breathitt Co.

Perry Co. Central (20-8) -- Amis 8, Brewer 7, Noble 6, Martin 7, Mullins 15, Salyers 2, Cornett 29.
Owsley Co. (14-12) -- Peters 8, Evans 18, Ti. Murrell 10, Tr. Murrell 5, Johnson 2, Williams 18.
Congrats to the "Owls" on a good season.
Congrats Commodores.

Congrats Owsley on a Good Season and The District Championship
Congrats PCC, Cornett with big game!
PCC scored over 74? Did Hatcher coach this game? haha.
Without Cornett this would have been a tough game for PCC. Evans had 12 of his 18 in the first quarter and then Tyler Mullins defended and he only had 6 for the rest of the game.

Big Cornett was just literally head and shoulders above every owsley player- they couldn't 'front' him or play behind him. It would have taken two players and the Owls just couldn't afford two with Mullins and Martin playing strong. Martin had quite a few assists to Cornett.
The 3 was falling all night for Owsley and that's why Perry couldnt put them away. Congrats Dores on advancing, and congrats owls on a good season.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:PCC scored over 74? Did Hatcher coach this game? haha.

This was my first thought when I heard the score but looking back PCC has scored 70 or more on 6 games this season.
Congrats PC :Thumbs:
Owsley gave them a bit of a scare in the first quarter. Cornett is smooth in the paint, I dont remember him missing many shots, maybe one or two.
Surprised at the final score there. hmm looks like Dillon and Mullins had the nights of their life.
Ballers Wrote:Surprised at the final score there. hmm looks like Dillon and Mullins had the nights of their life.

Yep..nights of there life..2 great players score over 10 pts..I was suprised to see that.:zzz:
Ballers Wrote:Surprised at the final score there. hmm looks like Dillon and Mullins had the nights of their life.

Dillon did
But Mullins has had better games
KoJack Wrote:Dore's did not cover the spread.

Exactly my thoughts, and had a guy going for 29 points, and another for 15..
Ballers Wrote:Exactly my thoughts, and had a guy going for 29 points, and another for 15..

What was the spread then?
zaga_fan Wrote:What was the spread then?

More then what they won by thats for sure.
Don't have many blowouts in the regional tourney, "the spread" shouldn't of been that much in the first place. Owsley has been playing well and are capable of putting points on the board and Perry does not like to do that, so when the games get up into the 60's and 70's it's going to be close when Perry is playing. Congrats to the Commodores and good luck on Monday night. Should be some good games tonight, can't wait.
Congrats to the Owls on a great season! I think the Owls proved that they are not to be taken lightly by the way they came out in the 1st Quarter!

Congrats Commodores on the win!
I'm proud of Owsley but Perry Central just had too much size. Cornett is 6'8 with a big body. The Owls had no answer for him. He just took lobs all night for easy points. If you front him and also put a defender behind him then it leaves someone else open, probably Martin or Mullins. The Owls played him and the Commodores the best they could. And they didn't do too bad. Even the final score does not indicate how close most of the game was. With 2 minutes to go it was a 9 point game, but the Owls chose to foul and send PCC to the line and they hit 6 straight free throws.
You could sense that Perry was never in real trouble however, even when Owsley was up 14-8 in the first quarter.
Devan Evans came out hot as a firecracker for Owsley and proved one guy can't guard him. He was the best guard on the floor last night IMO in either game, and one of the best in the region. He just doesn't get the publicity other guards in the region receive because they play on teams surrounded with more talent and more depth. PCC mostly doubled him on defense beginning in the second quarter and that did the trick.

One more thing. Below is a quote from a Perry Central fan in the Perry Central-Owsley County prediction thread.

"Perry could take their JV and still win by 10. Not knocking Owsley but they don't have that good of a team to comp. win the top"

I think Owsley County proved last night that they are a little better team than this quote implies. I mean, they won their district and were competitive in most games, and played their best ball of the year in the last month when it counts the most. I knew they wouldn't lay down and roll over last night. Without Cornett in the game I think it would have actually been a pretty good matchup.
Congratulations Owls on your season.:Thumbs:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I'm proud of Owsley but Perry Central just had too much size. Cornett is 6'8 with a big body. The Owls had no answer for him. He just took lobs all night for easy points. If you front him and also put a defender behind him then it leaves someone else open, probably Martin or Mullins. The Owls played him and the Commodores the best they could. And they didn't do too bad. Even the final score does not indicate how close most of the game was. With 2 minutes to go it was a 9 point game, but the Owls chose to foul and send PCC to the line and they hit 6 straight free throws.
You could sense that Perry was never in real trouble however, even when Owsley was up 14-8 in the first quarter.
Devan Evans came out hot as a firecracker for Owsley and proved one guy can't guard him. He was the best guard on the floor last night IMO in either game, and one of the best in the region. He just doesn't get the publicity other guards in the region receive because they play on teams surrounded with more talent and more depth. PCC mostly doubled him on defense beginning in the second quarter and that did the trick.

One more thing. Below is a quote from a Perry Central fan in the Perry Central-Owsley County prediction thread.

"Perry could take their JV and still win by 10. Not knocking Owsley but they don't have that good of a team to comp. win the top"

I think Owsley County proved last night that they are a little better team than this quote implies. I mean, they won their district and were competitive in most games, and played their best ball of the year in the last month when it counts the most. I knew they wouldn't lay down and roll over last night. Without Cornett in the game I think it would have actually been a pretty good matchup.
Congratulations Owls on your season.:Thumbs:

Good post:Thumbs:
I thought Perry's JV could take owsley before this game but I was dead wrong
zaga_fan Wrote:Good post:Thumbs:

Me too.
The Owls played really well. Perry played decent. I think the reason why the Owls had a nice lead and stayed close to the Dores in the first half was because Chris was on the bench probably 14 out of the 16 mins of the half with foul trouble.

Dillon had the game of his life. All he had to do pretty much was put his hand up with the ball and lay it in.

Congrats Dores on a win. Congrats Owls on a nice season.
Owsley had nothing to lose last nite and when you play a team like that it's always gonna be dangerous.
zaga_fan Wrote:Good post:Thumbs:

:Shaking: