Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 60 East Ridge 40 (15th 1st Round)
Final from the Expo
grats lc
Quite possibly the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life. Refs let it get completely out of control and ER showed their true colors.

Come on guys, I know LC isn't a Floyd or Pike Co team, but give me a break. ER stats keeper and score keeper turning to the LC crowd and saying you just wait, SV will get you. I guess it doesn't matter that they get beat by 20 so long as LC doesn't win in the end. :Thumbs:

Anyways, congrats Dogs and way to keep your composure and not play their games.
Congrats LC!!! Good luck in the next round!!
Lawrence County set to take on Betsy Layne as the Bobcats defeat Phelps
Stats?
What are you talking about? Who did that? ER played a way cleaner game than LC.
Lawrence Co. 60 East Ridge 40

East Ridge 9 12 11 8 40
Lawrence Co. 14 11 23 12 60

15th at East Ky. Expo Center, Pikeville

East Ridge (11-12) -- Fields 13, Williams 4, McClanahan 16, Bartley 2, Coleman 5.

Lawrence Co. (20-6) -- Skaggs 20, Baldwin 3, Bradley 8, Frasher 7, Adkins 9, West 8, Marcum 5.
LCDawg you are a liar. I kept the shot chart for Er and my sister kept the stats. We did not say a word to the LC crowd . If fact I never turned my head to the crowd the entire game. But I do know your crowd and players whined from the opening tip.
fedscreekviking Wrote:LCDawg you are a liar. I kept the shot chart for Er and my sister kept the stats. We did not say a word to the LC crowd . If fact I never turned my head to the crowd the entire game. But I do know your crowd and players whined from the opening tip.

Wasn't you, I saw you and your sister, it was the guy sitting two over from you, beside the guy with the orange shirt on announcing. He had a brown shirt on and the guy beside him to the right running the clock. Little fellow... bald headed. Towards the end he was even hollering at the coach to put 55 back in, when in fact with the 2 T's he should have been off the bench.
Doesnt look like they had much to whine about.
Sorry that guy is hired by the Expo to help run the clock.
fedscreekviking Wrote:Sorry that guy is hired by the Expo to help run the clock.

My apologies, I should have made it more clear who in fact I was referring too. The main person doing the talking was the guy in brown, who was obviously from ER, or at least Pikeville, as he knew everyone on the ER coaching staff.
agreed
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Doesnt look like they had much to whine about.

agreed
The complainer to the crowd issue has been cleared up but for those of you who did not like my observation the first half was a lot closer than the LC players thought it should be and they had a dissucion with the officals on almost every foul that was called. Dont believe it then watch on Intermountain cable.
What was the foul count in the first half? 12 LC - 4 ER or something like that? Just curious.
By the way... Congrats LC!
Well it was 13-5 in the first half in fouls and yes he was tripped and then the kid from ER threw two punches at him and the officials didnt throw him out of the game..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Well it was 13-5 in the first half in fouls and yes he was tripped and then the kid from ER threw two punches at him and the officials didnt throw him out of the game..

who threw punches and at whom? or can this be discussed?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:who threw punches and at whom? or can this be discussed?
ER player at LC player but it doesnt need to go further then that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
It was not out of control. That is a joke. That makes everyone think the whole game was officiated bad. There was a lot of hand checks and touch fouls called at the first of the game. Sometimes those are called sometimes they are not. I wish they wouldn't call all of them and let them play as long as its not too physical. The one incident with McClanahan could have very well been an ejection, but I agree with the call the refs made. They left him in, but he took himself out of the game later with an elbow foul that was totally unnecessary and then mouthing to the official. Other than that it was a typical called game. I think LC adjusted to the early touch calls as the game went on. The refs had nothing to do with this game's twenty point outcome. Poor shooting by ER and shoddy ball handling did the Warriors in. Give credit to LC for the win. They were the better team. IMO, they will have to play better next Monday against a solid Betsy Layne team. BTW, it was hard to tell about the punches that may or may not have been thrown, but there did look like a nice body slam. Point is there is no place for that conduct anywhere, period.
First time I have been on here for a long time. Lawrence County has done well. How about a report of lawrence County fans. Have we had any crybabies from LC on this board. I mean fans who like to cry about the refs if we lose or if we win but not by much. Just curious how our fans have behaved. Okay who are the crybabies from LC or maybe we dont have any at all.
Batpuff Wrote:Well it was 13-5 in the first half in fouls and yes he was tripped and then the kid from ER threw two punches at him and the officials didnt throw him out of the game..
No.
And who was tripped? Is that your reasoning for him nearly pulling 55 to the ground by his jersey? Just asking, big guy. But, while I'm at it...another question, lol. Why would you, especially as staff, bring up the incident that had been previously unmentioned, then tell others NOT to talk about it?
I could care less really, actually hoping for the best for LC this week, but saying something that is completely false is just wrong. Mod or not.
One bad exchange by a couple players (ER and LC) does not consitute a game "getting out of hand, " as was falsely noted earlier.

I love this crew from the 13th that worked this game, by the way. Have for the past couple years.

By the way, hey Bucs. TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:No.
And who was tripped? Is that your reasoning for him nearly pulling 55 to the ground by his jersey? Just asking, big guy. But, while I'm at it...another question, lol. Why would you, especially as staff, bring up the incident that had been previously unmentioned, then tell others NOT to talk about it?
I could care less really, actually hoping for the best for LC this week, but saying something that is completely false is just wrong. Mod or not.
One bad exchange by a couple players (ER and LC) does not consitute a game "getting out of hand, " as was falsely noted earlier.

I love this crew from the 13th that worked this game, by the way. Have for the past couple years.

By the way, hey Bucs. TongueirateSho
What's going on man. Too bad we have to dish out the truth on here sometimes.:biggrin: Come by and say hello if you see us at the Expo.
Still crying I see.hehe
Still crying I see.hehe Lc fans never cry
U from LC catwoman or just like to pretend?
Congrats LC :Thumbs:
Ring'Em Up Wrote:No.
And who was tripped? Is that your reasoning for him nearly pulling 55 to the ground by his jersey? Just asking, big guy.

I was sitting at the end of the court where it happened. The kid from LC was on the ground and #55 from East Ridge tripped over his foot on the rebound. It didn't look like an intentional trip but nonetheless ER's player turned to him and while LC's player was trying to get up 55 shoved him back down and landed one punch to his mouth and missed the other before the refs could get there. IMO the refs handled the situation accordingly by assessing a technical to 55 and a personal foul to the kid from LC. Not sure what the call was they made on him though. Anyway kudos to the refs for handling the situation the way they did.:Thumbs: