Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Round in 15th
Pike Central defeats Sheldon Clark and Shelby Valley beats Betsy Layne on a final second play to advance into the semi-finals.

Many would consider these two wins upsets.

Semi-finals are set

Belfry vs. Lawrence County
Pike Central vs. Shelby Valley

Thoughts and Predictions...
Belfry/Lawrence Co. winner may have the upper hand. Not counting ANYONE out though!
This has been one of the best opening rounds that I can remember. The boys are gonna have to do a lot to reach the bar the girls have set.
If Shelby Valley beats Pike Central i think they can win it all
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:If Shelby Valley beats Pike Central i think they can win it all

I totally agree with you, but right now you could make a legitimate argument for any of the four teams to win it all.
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:If Shelby Valley beats Pike Central i think they can win it all
I personally believe the winner of this game wins it all
I agree but whoever wins - please go down there to the state and COMPETE! Don't go to just tred through the game to get it over with. Represent! That said, gonna go with PC and the experience factor. Their seniors seem to have that 'edge' right now.
Three of the district champions are sent home in the opening round. Now looking at the latest ratings guess who moves into the "favorite" role
Well, I think the "upsets" could have all been predicted except for the BL/SV game - not sure anyone had picked that one - but I still think Belfry has the advantage out of the four teams left...they have a lot of talent besides JJ and play well as a team...but I do think any of the four CAN win it all...it will be a fun weekend.