Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Likely Upsets 1st Round 14th Region Tourney
Does anyone think there will be an upset in the first round? If so, who?

Calpreps.com Predictions:

Perry Co Central 72 Owsley Co 46 (PCC+26)
Wolfe Co 65 June Buchanan 64 (Wolfe+1)

Knott Co Central 82 Breathitt Co 73 (KCC+9)
Hazard 76 Powell Co 52 (Hazard+24)

IN REGULAR SEASON:
Breathitt lost to KCC by 13pts and 17pts.
Owsley lost to PCC by 26pts.
Wolfe lost to JBS by 10pts.
Hazard and Powell have not played.
knott.
I would love, love, love to see Breathitt knock off Knott. What an awsome pay back that would be to Stamper's Dad and the '81 KCC team.
Then you all should have no worries besides Hazard! lol...But for real PCC got a cakewalk the finals....Id love to see owsley knock off PCC
Knott's beat Breathitt twice by double digits this year. They clearly have the better team but imo it's more likely them getting beat than Perry or Hazard getting beat by Owsley or Powell. Knott's not played well going into this game. Losing to HC and struggling with a bad LCC team. I still look for them to win though.
Wise Cracker Wrote:I would love, love, love to see Breathitt knock off Knott. What an awsome pay back that would be to Stamper's Dad and the '81 KCC team.

That game was one for the ages!
Aslan Wrote:Knott's beat Breathitt twice by double digits this year. They clearly have the better team but imo it's more likely them getting beat than Perry or Hazard getting beat by Owsley or Powell. Knott's not played well going into this game. Losing to HC and struggling with a bad LCC team. I still look for them to win though.

Not played well? your right, they won their last game in a nail biter..
King360 I love that avatar!
I think that the only "upset" could be JBS. I feel as though the other ones are close locks. KCC vs Breathitt could be a good game but if KCC shows with an A game it should not be too close. Good luck to all teams!
If it comes to this.. JBS over Perry.
If there is going to be an upset, its going to be Breathitt Co over Knott Central.
Knott Central will not lose to Breathitt. I'd put any amount of money on it.
greenstuff22 Wrote:Knott Central will not lose to Breathitt. I'd put any amount of money on it.

Me also.
Ballers Wrote:Me also.

But if anyone gets upset in the first round.....that's going to be the upset
I wouldn't really consider an upset being possible between JBS and Wolfe....
simply because I wouldn't really know who would be favored lol
Ballers Wrote:Not played well? your right, they won their last game in a nail biter..

If Pigeonroost had a basketball team they could beat JBS
Ballers Wrote:Not played well? your right, they won their last game in a nail biter..

Against JBS. And I was taking into account there last three games going into this one. They've not played well.
Ballers Wrote:If it comes to this.. JBS over Perry.

Really? Perry beat them by around 30 when they played. I don't know why I bother responding to this junk. You have no idea what your talking about.
Aslan Wrote:Really? Perry beat them by around 30 when they played. I don't know why I bother responding to this junk. You have no idea what your talking about.

I'm just glad you do know what your talking about, just like PCC beat Hazard.
greenstuff22 Wrote:Knott Central will not lose to Breathitt. I'd put any amount of money on it.

I agree but Breathitt is much better than Powell and Owsley, so there more likey to beat Knott, than those two beat Hazard or Perry.
zaga_fan Wrote:If Pigeonroost had a basketball team they could beat JBS

True, there are some ballers that I know that live there no lie.
Ballers Wrote:I'm just glad you do know what your talking about, just like PCC beat Hazard.

Why even say stupid stuff like this? We know who won. Both those teams are good and if they played again it could go either way. But JBS over Perry? Cmon.
Wolfe Beating JBS would be an upset.
Aslan Wrote:I agree but Breathitt is much better than Powell and Owsley, so there more likey to beat Knott, than those two beat Hazard or Perry.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that there will be no upset.

Except for the upset fans Perry has when they come up short.
tommy2 Wrote:Wolfe Beating JBS would be an upset.

But they split in the regular season
and JBS is in a runner up slot

I think they are even
Aslan Wrote:Why even say stupid stuff like this? We know who won. Both those teams are good and if they played again it could go either way. But JBS over Perry? Cmon.

Well that would be an upset. An upset is an upset... where the unthinkable happens. :popcorn:
zaga, you think there will be a upset period in this tourney?
zaga_fan Wrote:If Pigeonroost had a basketball team they could beat JBS

Man there has been some tough ball games played in Pigeonroost.:Clap:
Ballers Wrote:Well that would be an upset. An upset is an upset... where the unthinkable happens. :popcorn:

That's my point. Although unlikey, Breathitt over Knott, is more logical than JBS over Perry. I honestly see no upsets in the first round though.
Ballers Wrote:zaga, you think there will be a upset period in this tourney?

Honestly, Ballers.....no
I don't think there will be any in the first round.
Hazard over KCC, if you call it an upset, is remotely possible in the second roung.
But as for the first round, I don't think there will be any.
What kinda spread is +26 for PCC? PCC never beats a team by more than 15 it seems haha
I don't think there will be any upsets in the first round, but I do agree with the majority that seem to know something....if there was going to be an upset, then the team with the best chance is Breathitt. I'm not saying that will happen, because it probably won't but, it could lol.