Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region draw
Perry/Owsley
Wolfe/JBS
On the other side
Knott/Breathitt
Hazard/Powell
If you're a PCC fan you have to like this draw.

I know Hazard was automatically on the other side, but having KCC over there too is going to be a huge advantage for the Dores.

Good luck to all teams.
Perry has a cake walk to the finals.
Aslan Wrote:Perry has a cake walk to the finals.

Wow, lose your district and come out smelling like a rose.
As I said in another post, PC fans better be happy with this draw, they got a cake walk to the finals. Commodores couldnt have a better draw than this, they could leave Martin and Noble in Perry and still make it to the finals. KCC has to battle through two good teams to get there, BC did lose to Wolfe but this is region time and anything can happen and its on the Bobcats home floor, than winner of that game waiting Hazard. Should be a good bottom half of the bracket but Im sure everyones wanting a KCC/PCC match even though,I think a PCC/HHS rematch for a trip to Rupp would be a great too.
KoJack Wrote:Wow, lose your district and come out smelling like a rose.

Hazard lost the 54th last year and got a good draw as well. Perry won the district and drew Knott first round.
I'd rather Perry drew Knott but this works too. This draw gives Hatcher a ton of time to prepare for Knott/Hazard. Heck, don't be suprised to see Breathitt give Knott a scare and maybe even beat them.
I was hoping that Breathitt could get a better drawing that they got. You would have to beat Knott, Hazard, and Perry back to back to back.
Owsley County got the worst possible draw they could have got. But what else is new!:igiveup::nope::closed:Confusedtrom::getwell:

They had a good chance of making it to the semi's if they could have drawn June Buchanan. Oh well, at least they won the district.
Perry
Wolfe
Knott
Hazard
In first round.

Perry
Hazard

Perry wins the rematch.
Perry
Wolfe
Hazard
Knott

Perry
Knott

I dont think Hazard can beat Knott.
I think it will be PCC and KCC in the finals. The winner will be PCC in a very close contest.
Hazard might upset Knott, but I don't believe they will. They have lost 3 times to them already this year. Evidently the Bulldogs don't match up well with the Patroits.
Yup bad draw for Knott co. They gotta play teams they beat pretty easily this season. Tough luck..:zzz:
wat a draw for the dores
Dates and times for the games?
There have been upset already in other districts !! Hope to see some in the 14th region !!!!
Perry
JBS
Knott
Hazard
Perry
Knott
Perry
I know it's hard to beat a team 4 times in a season but Knott is just a horrible matchup for Hazard. Perry/Knott will be a great final with Perry winning by 5 or less. Maybe even another overtime game. Wouldn't mind getting some revenge on Hazard in the finals but I can't see them beating Knott.
Wow. Perry could not have had the draw fall any better for them if they planned it that way.

The Dores will not break a sweat until the region finals.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great draw for Perry. Im gonna say Perry and Knott end up in the finals with Perry winning. Knott is just gonna be too worn out after 2 tough games to give it 100%. Still should be close though.
Perry got a great draw. This should be a great tournament to watch as there are a couple of teams capable of upsets.
PCC has a bye to the championship game.

KCC should be in the championship.

PCC wins the region.
Breatheatt could do some HOMECOOKING
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley County got the worst possible draw they could have got. But what else is new!:igiveup::nope::closed:Confusedtrom::getwell:

They had a good chance of making it to the semi's if they could have drawn June Buchanan. Oh well, at least they won the district.

And yet another year when the 56th District Champ draws arguably the best team in the 14th Region!:fedup:
I can see a PCC and KCC rematch!
I think after the win over Perry, Hazard will get get on a roll and win the region. Big Al is a good tourny Coach and Hazard wins another close one over Perry in the regional final.
Perry has a shoe in to the finals!!! I think they will play in Rupp!!!!
I was hoping the KCC and Breathitt would not be playing each other so PCC or Hazard neither one would have a cake walk for I don't have a dog in this hunt and I want to see great close ball games and PCC IMO has a cake walk to finals and as a basketball fan you never want to see that...but who knows...with PCC style play they never blow anyone out and they never get blowed out...that Wolfe matchup in 2nd looks real interesting for if Wolfe can hit there shots and rebounds right with PCC which I do believe is a huge key on beating them...Wolfe should play to within 5 to 10 points or even closer and at this time of year who knows what will happen...I do believe PCC and KCC will meet up in the finals but I do not have a winner yet...good luck to all teams
PCC sure got lucky with the draw! They cant get lucky at everything...Hazard or KCC wins
Why is everyone assuming Wolfe will win their first round match against JBS. JBS has already beat them once this year on Wolfe's home floor. JBS has more experience, a better inside game, and their guards match up well with Wolfe. It will be PCC vs JBS in the semi-finals, sorry to burst your bubble.
Calpreps.com Predictions:

Perry Co Central 72 Owsley Co 46
Wolfe Co 65 June Buchanan 64

Knott Co Central 82 Breathitt Co 73
Hazard 76 Powell Co 52

Semi Finals:
Perry Co Central 69 Wolfe Co 48
Knott Co Central 64 Hazard 60

Finals:
Knott Co Central 57 Perry Co Central 56