Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(19) Tennessee 74 - (2) Kentucky 65
Yeah i agree OD43..UK wasnt prepared for this game...It goes back to the theory of not much time to prepare! However with a fairly called game i still say UK beats UT 9 out of 10 times...It was called for 12 minutes of the game and UK was down by 21 or something and came back and made a game out of it...Had it been called like that the entire game, who knows??But UT hustled and i was glad to see hopson play great!
I have cooled down a bit after an ice cold shower and a fair share of crying.

Kentucky played a more than bad game. First half was horrible. just hate to see the refs change the outcome of a game with a few bad calls in the last minute.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. I put this one on Calipari and UK's horrible (and I mean pitiful) shooting in the first half before I put it on the refs.

John Wall created this come back with two and-one baskets and some transition game to tie it up at 65. In the end, UK just didn't have enough gas in the tank to finish it out. It all starts with the defense in the first half, especially early when we were in a 18-4 hole with nine minutes into the game.

Poor coaching preparation but was followed up by a good halftime adjustment. The thing is, that big of an adjustment wouldn't have had to have been made if the defense was better prepared.

Not to worry though UK fans, we're 27-2 (12-2 in the SEC). This is by no means a "bad" loss.

Disagree with that...UT is no where near UKs level and they beat them today...This is by far a bad loss!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I have cooled down a bit after an ice cold shower and a fair share of crying.

Kentucky played a more than bad game. First half was horrible. just hate to see the refs change the outcome of a game with a few bad calls in the last minute.

To me the last minute wasnt the worse of it..it was the first 5 minutes than hurt UK badly!
Kentucky has no one to blame but themselves they played a horrible first 24 minutes and it beat them plain an simple. If they play just an ounce better in those first 24 minutes then they win this one by 8 or 10 points. Refs made bad calls but as a player you must play through that which Kentucky did in the ladder part of the game and tied it up. Just to much of a margain to come back from. IMO this is a win for Cal, he coached his team back from a 16 point deficit, had chances to win the game. Defensivley he will have alot to coach on this week. To many times they got beat on to help defensive on picks set at the top of the key. One thing I must agree on though is that the lasy call on Wall def. did not show the consitence of the calls in this game block after block after block. That call was to change the mo of the game. Kentucky now must regroup and win the next two put this one behind you, they know it was theirs for the taking if they had only played half decent for more than 16 minutes.
theVILLE Wrote:[/COLOR]
Disagree with that...UT is no where near UKs level and they beat them today...This is by far a bad loss!

So you think a loss to any top 25 team is a bad loss?
My final comment about this game..."They low down, they some snitches."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mor3ZBsKINI"]YouTube- Bama fan trashing Tennessee[/ame]

Well, does this mean Kansas had a "by far bad loss" too?

A loss on the road to a top 20 team in a very hostile environment when you've only lost one game all year isn't a "bad" loss in my book. Of course, no loss is a good loss.
Ref's were bad yea....but you've got to expect that on the road against what is probably our fiercest conference rival now. I can't believe no one has mentioned how atrocious our perimeter shooting has been. If we shoot even 25-30% beyond the arc the refs aren't even a factor.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, does this mean Kansas had a "by far bad loss" too?

A loss on the road to a top 20 team in a very hostile environment when you've only lost one game all year isn't a "bad" loss in my book. Of course, no loss is a good loss.

No loss is a good loss...This isnt as bad as the SC loss but it is still a bad loss! Yes this means Kansas has a by far bad loss...Especially after all that was going on with UT at that time...
Cranium Wrote:Ref's were bad ya....but you've got to expect that on the road against what is probably our fiercest conference rival now. I can't believe no one has mentioned how atrocious our perimeter shooting has been. If we shoot even 25-30% beyond the arc the refs aren't even a factor.

yeah like 2-20 or something
Cranium Wrote:Ref's were bad yea....but you've got to expect that on the road against what is probably our fiercest conference rival now. I can't believe no one has mentioned how atrocious our perimeter shooting has been. If we shoot even 25-30% beyond the arc the refs aren't even a factor.

If we even shot 15% we would have had the lead and had to foul. Terrible effort tonight we got outplayed and Tennessee deserved the win.
Better not overlook Georgia this time either! At georgia is a tough enviornment also...CATLANTA though! lol

Sometimes I think that the things that you say would make more sense if you just started banging your head against the keyboard.:moon:

On a brighter note Demarcus Cousins is now the all time freshmen scoring leader at UK with 470 points. In second place on the all time list with 469......John Wall.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Sometimes I think that the things that you say would make more sense if you just started banging your head against the keyboard.:moon:

On a brighter note Demarcus Cousins is now the all time freshmen scoring leader at UK with 470 points. In second place on the all time list with 469......John Wall.

All right you! I sayt he same about you...I mean you say im crazy for saying UK is on higher level than UT...And then you go down and say that 2 freshman this season have broken the records and are now 1st and 2nd all time at UK..Among all the greats at UK they are 1st and 2nd place! And UT with all the stuff that has happend this season there still on the same level as UK, So you say???I think you would make more since by beating your head over the keyboard! Make no since what so ever!
The refs did not beat the Wildcats people, 35% shooting from the field and 9% from the arch did (both season lows).
^ Amen my friend. Refs had nothing to do with this!
Stardust Wrote:^ Amen my friend. Refs had nothing to do with this!

They were awful but I do not think they affected the outcome either.
Poor officiating or not UT outplayed UK. Also your not going to win to many games shooting 2-22 from deep.
Only 5 points off the bench don't help much either compared to 20 for UT.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:They were awful but I do not think they affected the outcome either.

I did not get to watch the game today, but I agree that very few games are lost due to the refs. However, I did post last week that there has been some very poor refing going on in college ball this year (not just UK games.). Does anybody agree? Hopefully we see some good refs come time for the Big Dance!
Dont worry fellers. Kentucky will bounce right back, they always do. I belive there off till thursday, so they will have a few days of rest and pratice. UK will not lose 2 in a row. your all fine.

but like you all said, the refs didnt cause them to lose the game, their defense and shooting is what caused it..But it wasn't fairly called at all, imo.. only 2 3 pointers, that'll hurt anyteam.
Im gonna go ahead and predict a win at Georiga, but it wont be easy..
sstack Wrote:I did not get to watch the game today, but I agree that very few games are lost due to the refs. However, I did post last week that there has been some very poor refing going on in college ball this year (not just UK games.). Does anybody agree? Hopefully we see some good refs come time for the Big Dance!
The SEC has been full of shotty officiating all year. When the NCAA's come around it will show when we play teams in other confrences.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:They were awful but I do not think they affected the outcome either.

Agreed! Play was ruff early...but the refs put UK back in the game late. The game was called bad for both sides. I agree that 35% shooting is what cost UK along with so many layups by TN. Def and 35% nothing more.
The feeling I get from this game is that we watched a bunch of young players get slapped around for about 25 minutes, and then watched them grow up in the last 15. They will get more out of this than the South Carolina loss
Personally guys I am a HUGE Ky fan, (Theville knows this well). And I wasnt entirely surprised that we lost today or that all the calls went UT's way. From the word go this season everyone knew that Tenn was our biggest competition in the SEC and at Tenn could be a loss. Turns out it was. Lets look on the bright side, a loss this late will motivate us for the SEC and NCAA tourneys. NOW is when we go on a major dominating run (such as after the first loss) and we win the Sec championship and at LEAST a final four (And with a little luck even more!)
I have noticed some poor officiating this entire season, as well. Ever since Kansas was able to beat K-State in OT after two lane violations in a row. They need to clean out every official in the book and bring in a whole new set of them. They are pathetic!

As far as this game goes, the Cats had no desire in the first half...they just didn't want to be there. They showed a lot of guts in the 2nd to be able to come back from 19 like they did. But in the end it was their first half defense and shooting that really buried them.
I attribute this loss to 70% bad play-30% refs!
K_Mac Wrote:Personally guys I am a HUGE Ky fan, (Theville knows this well). And I wasnt entirely surprised that we lost today or that all the calls went UT's way. From the word go this season everyone knew that Tenn was our biggest competition in the SEC and at Tenn could be a loss. Turns out it was. Lets look on the bright side, a loss this late will motivate us for the SEC and NCAA tourneys. NOW is when we go on a major dominating run (such as after the first loss) and we win the Sec championship and at LEAST a final four (And with a little luck even more!)

Actually i think it would be good for them to get beat in the SEC toruney! LET ME REPEAT! Do not over look Georgia on wednesday!
First of all.. If any team in America should be complaining about refs, then it certainly shouldn't be UK. Your team gets more calls than any team I've watched all year. Your big men hang all over the opposing teams backs, Cousins can run over whoever he wants to and its somehow a block, Wall just has to drive to the basket and he draws a touch foul... Its the same thing just about every game. Maybe you didn't get as many calls go your way today in Knoxville, but there were a lot of questionable calls that did go your way. Plus, UK did shoot 10 more free throws than UT(27-17).

The problem was your team wasn't ready to play. I heard Calipari on the news saying that UK didn't even have a shoot around.. Seriously? Not very smart and it obviously showed with the horrible shooting UK displayed. The better team, today, won the game. Once again, Bruce Pearl out coached Calipari. Good game, GO VOLS!
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:First of all.. If any team in America should be complaining about refs, then it certainly shouldn't be UK. Your team gets more calls than any team I've watched all year. Your big men hang all over the opposing teams backs, Cousins can run over whoever he wants to and its somehow a block, Wall just has to drive to the basket and he draws a touch foul... Its the same thing just about every game. Maybe you didn't get as many calls go your way today in Knoxville, but there were a lot of questionable calls that did go your way. Plus, UK did shoot 10 more free throws than UT(27-17).

The problem was your team wasn't ready to play. I heard Calipari on the news saying that UK didn't even have a shoot around.. Seriously? Not very smart and it obviously showed with the horrible shooting UK displayed. The better team, today, won the game. Once again, Bruce Pearl out coached Calipari. Good game, GO VOLS!

Agreed, if anyone should complain about bad refs it is anyteam that has played UK this season..I can think of like 4 games where cousins should have gotten ejected..had he played anywhere else he would have...and then you all holler UK the most hated since the fab 5! That is very funny...that cracked me up for a week...everyone has jumped on the UK bandwagon