Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant DID NOT deserve player of the decade
Exactly, so for anyone to say Kobe or anyone else is going to be better than Jordan is a complete IDIOT and doesn't know a thing about basketball.
djtrip Wrote:Okay first of all, your case did sound a little convincing but I still have to disagree. Lets just do a breakdown of Shaq vs. Kobe comparison quickly from 2000-2009 in - major stats, accolades, playoff appearances, finals appearances, records etc.

Kobe vs Shaq (2000-2009)
Championships: Kobe - 4 vs. Shaq - 4
Season MVPs: Kobe - 1 vs. Shaq - 1
Finals MVPs: Kobe - 1 vs. Shaq - 3
Allstar MVPs: Kobe - 3 vs. Shaq - 3
All NBA 1st Teams: Kobe - 7 vs. Shaq - 7
All NBA 1st Defensive Teams: Kobe - 7 vs. Shaq - 0
Finals Appearances: Kobe - 6 vs. Shaq 5
Playoff Appearances: Kobe - 9 (missed 2005) vs. Shaq - 9 (missed 2009)
Allstar Game Appearances: Kobe - 10 vs. Shaq - 9 (missed 2008)
Scoring Titles: Kobe - 2 vs. Shaq - 1

Statistical : 2000-2009 -- Kobe vs Shaq

Regular Season Games Played: Kobe - 748 vs. Shaq - 662
Playoff Games Played: Kobe - 147 vs Shaq - 137
Regular Season PPG: Kobe - 31.1 ppg vs. Shaq - 25.1 ppg
Playoffs PPG: Kobe - 28.3 ppg vs. Shaq - 23.3 ppg
Total Season Points: Kobe - 21,065 pts vs. Shaq 15,276 pts.
Total Playoff Points: Kobe - 4,053 pts vs Shaq 3,359 pts

Records and Accomplishments 2000-2009: Kobe vs Shaq

-2nd Most Points Scored in a Game Behind Wilts Chamberlains 100 points- Kobe - (81 points)
-Four Straight Games scoring 50 points or more - Kobe (65, 50, 60, 50) - 2nd person only to do that behind Wilt Chamberlain.
- 7th Highest Season PPG in NBA History Behind Chamberlain and Jordan - Kobe (35.4 ppg)
- Most Three-pointers Made in a Game - Kobe - (12 3pt FG made)

- Shaq did not partake in this because there were really no individual records he broke from a historical stand point like Kobe in any statistical categories from 2000-2009.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This concludes that Kobe put up the numbers and played many more games, won award, broke records, and did things on a consistent basis on the offensive and defensive end from 2000 to 2009 unlike Shaq. I give Kobe the overwhelming vote for NBA player of the decade because he was the best player statistically and skillfully adding also his accolades.

Kobe Bryant = NBA Player of The Decade

Great research and further proves the point why Kobe deserves the award. Before Kobe is finished he will be known as one of the greatest players to every play the game. I'm not saying he will be THE greatest(better than Jordan), but he will be up there with the greats.
djtrip Wrote:Okay first of all, your case did sound a little convincing but I still have to disagree. Lets just do a breakdown of Shaq vs. Kobe comparison quickly from 2000-2009 in - major stats, accolades, playoff appearances, finals appearances, records etc.

Kobe vs Shaq (2000-2009)

-2nd Most Points Scored in a Game Behind Wilts Chamberlains 100 points- Kobe - (81 points)
-Four Straight Games scoring 50 points or more - Kobe (65, 50, 60, 50) - 2nd person only to do that behind Wilt Chamberlain.
- 7th Highest Season PPG in NBA History Behind Chamberlain and Jordan - Kobe (35.4 ppg)

- Shaq did not partake in this because there were really no individual records he broke from a historical stand point like Kobe in any statistical categories from 2000-2009.
This concludes that Kobe put up the numbers and played many more games, won award, broke records, and did things on a consistent basis on the offensive and defensive end from 2000 to 2009 unlike Shaq. I give Kobe the overwhelming vote for NBA player of the decade because he was the best player statistically and skillfully adding also his accolades.

:Thumbs: Kobe deserved this award

Kobe vs Shaq (2000-2009)

I like you.

As a fellow Kobe fan, that is.

Wink
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I like you.

As a fellow Kobe fan, that is.

Wink

Agreed. Always enjoy having another Kobe fan on the site.
Lebron!
is kobe better than jordan? definitely not!
is he player of the decade? oh **** yea lol
They asked every single former great(player) on the TNT cast that night.

Mchale, Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Chris Webber.

Each one of them said Shaq.

They played in the NBA and against Shaq, and were not so bad players themselves.

So, I'd say their opinion means more than ours.

Shaq came to LA and made the Lakers what they was. It wasn't till Shaq left in 2004, that he was the main man in LA. Took Shaq 2 years to win another title. Took Kobe 5. Took Kobe 2 years to make the playoffs again.
uhavenoidea Wrote:They asked every single former great(player) on the TNT cast that night.

Mchale, Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Chris Webber.

Each one of them said Shaq.

They played in the NBA and against Shaq, and were not so bad players themselves.

So, I'd say their opinion means more than ours.

Shaq came to LA and made the Lakers what they was. It wasn't till Shaq left in 2004, that he was the main man in LA. Took Shaq 2 years to win another title. Took Kobe 5. Took Kobe 2 years to make the playoffs again.

Their opinion doesnt count for any more then ours. And if Shaq was the main man, the Lakers organization would have kept him and traded Kobe but it didnt go down like that did it? They chose the better player.
theshack13 Wrote:Lebron!

Has nothing to do with this thread. He isn't even partially in the running for player of the decade. He hasn't even been there a decade.
K_Mac Wrote:Their opinion doesnt count for any more then ours. And if Shaq was the main man, the Lakers organization would have kept him and traded Kobe but it didnt go down like that did it? They chose the better player.

Shaq was around 31 at the time. Kobe was around 25. You do the math.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Shaq was around 31 at the time. Kobe was around 25. You do the math.

No math to be done. They knew Kobe was the present, and the future, so they sent shaq somewhere else.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What has Shaq done over the past 3 or so seasons? Nothing.

What's Kobe done during this time period? Win a championship and MVP award.

Its the all-decade award, not the all 2000-2006 award.

Was it not like 2 or 3 years ago SHAQ got the Title at miami..
K_Mac Wrote:Has nothing to do with this thread. He isn't even partially in the running for player of the decade. He hasn't even been there a decade.

Hasnt been there for a decade but he got my vote for POD especially over KOBE:Clap:
theVILLE Wrote:Hasnt been there for a decade but he got my vote for POD especially over KOBE:Clap:

He wouldnt get mine for anything. Kobe all the way. You seen who won.
K_Mac Wrote:He wouldnt get mine for anything. Kobe all the way. You seen who won.

What MVP last season..yeah i saw that! what a player that young man is that won itConfusedhh:Lebron hasnt been in the NBA a decade therefore how can he win that!
theVILLE Wrote:What MVP last season..yeah i saw that! what a player that young man is that won itConfusedhh:Lebron hasnt been in the NBA a decade therefore how can he win that!

Exactly. So why did you vote for him genius?
K_Mac Wrote:Exactly. So why did you vote for him genius?

If i had the vote it wouldnt have went to KOBE! I promise you that
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Would Shaq have won without Kobe or Wade? No.

Just same crap from all the Kobe haters, only difference is that it's a different day.

Kobe has the will to win no matter what it takes. He's knocked down a lot, I mean a lot of game winning shots and he's won the awards and become the overall leading scorer in Lakers history. He is without a doubt one of the greatest all-time players in NBA history. He probably won't go down as THE greatest ever, but he does deserve to be in the discussion.

I know a lot of you don't like him simply because of his attitude, but I guess some of you think your favorite players are saints and don't complain when they miss a shot or commit a turnover.

I think that Shaq could have won those first 3 titles without Kobe. Kobe was nowhere near the player he is now during those days.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Idk what he will do but he has been the most consistent player of the decade. What did Shaq accomplish in orlando? Not a decade argument just wondering.
He took a little better than average Orlando team to the NBA finals one year and to the East finals the next, he pretty much made Penny Hardaway a superstar then and he also became the most dynamic big man in the world.

Thats being said Kobe deserved this award. Shaq wasa very close second.
theVILLE Wrote:If i had the vote it wouldnt have went to KOBE! I promise you that

Oh I already knew that. I dont see how anyone argues he didn't deserve this title. Everyone who disagrees does so for the simple fact they don't like Kobe (most likely lebron fans).