Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 93 - Pikeville 54
Final score !! Thanks to Panther Thunder for the broadcast.I enjoyed it.
Congrats SV :Thumbs:
Shelby Valley 22 21 31 19 - 93

Pikeville 11 13 9 23 - 56

Shelby Valley (22-3) -- Justice 24, Hatfield 8, Ta. Newsom 6, Varney 8, Ty. Newsom 11, Lucas 2, Ramey 14, Berger 2, R. Roberts 3, T. Tackett 2, T. Roberts 8, D. Tackett 3.
Pikeville (18-7) -- Burchett 6, Clark 6, Keene 2, Cecil 6, W. Rowe 10, Hamilton 2, B. Branham 3, E. Rowe 11, W. Branham 8.
Elisha got a lot of help tonight from one of his backcourt fellow players, Ramey in front of his former hometown crowd, I think twelve players from SV got in the game and scored. Pikeville gave it a good effort but the talent level was not there. Congrats SV!
Both teams played very hard and physical, and had trouble adjusting to terrible calls or a lack of.... congrats to Valley
Another big win for Shelby Valley!
BlueSky Wrote:Both teams played very hard and physical, and had trouble adjusting to terrible calls or a lack of.... congrats to Valley

There is only one word to sum that up. AMEN!!!!! The calls were atrocious!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Valley on another smokin. GO BIG BLUE :flame:
bigman77 Wrote:Congrats Valley on another smokin. GO BIG BLUE :flame:

SV's offense must be great, putting 93 points on the board against the state's 3rd ranked defense!:worthy:
Grats Valley? Pville is the second best team in the 15th? Wow.
Hustle Wrote:SV's offense must be great, putting 93 points on the board against the state's 3rd ranked defense!:worthy:
You are kidding aren't you?
I don't understand why nobody is talking about this game. You must not have been there. Pikeville is supposed to be ranked like 3rd in the state in defense, allowing their opponets on the average of less than 50 points. Shelby Valley scored 93 on them.
Another thumping for Shelby Valley. Pikeville is arguably the 2nd best team in the region. This shows you how bad the drop off is after Valley in the 15th region.
mrsportsfan Wrote:I don't understand why nobody is talking about this game. You must not have been there. Pikeville is supposed to be ranked like 3rd in the state in defense, allowing their opponets on the average of less than 50 points. Shelby Valley scored 93 on them.

A lot of Valley fans were at the Pike County grade school tournament last night. There was a big crowd at Belfry to watch the future of SVHS and believe me, the future looks very bright.
Congrats Valley
How many steals for Elisha as he adds to his record
catfan1 Wrote:Another thumping for Shelby Valley. Pikeville is arguably the 2nd best team in the region. This shows you how bad the drop off is after Valley in the 15th region.

2nd best team in the region, who do you consider to be the first?
Boy, that was a dumb question? Haven't had enough coffee yet!!!
catfan1 Wrote:Another thumping for Shelby Valley. Pikeville is arguably the 2nd best team in the region. This shows you how bad the drop off is after Valley in the 15th region.

Very true. It is not even close.
mrsportsfan Wrote:I don't understand why nobody is talking about this game. You must not have been there. Pikeville is supposed to be ranked like 3rd in the state in defense, allowing their opponets on the average of less than 50 points. Shelby Valley scored 93 on them.
Because there is no way that Pikeville is the third best defensive team in the state. If that came from the KHSAA site, only about 10% of the teams in the state report stats. Plus, they play in the weak 15th. If anyone thinks that Pikeville is the third best defensive team in the state, they absolutely know nothing about KY basketball and they need to get out of the 15th and watch some other teams across the state play.

That's why nobody is making a big deal about this game. Please!
Nobody is making a deal out of this game because it wasn't even a game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nobody is making a deal out of this game because it wasn't even a game.

Looks like it was a pretty close game.
Aslan Wrote:Looks like it was a pretty close game.

LoL.
trufan Wrote:A lot of Valley fans were at the Pike County grade school tournament last night. There was a big crowd at Belfry to watch the future of SVHS and believe me, the future looks very bright.

From what i seen last night East Ridge future look real bright.:flame:
Shelby Valley is a great team, always together on the court seems like. I really like watching them play, they always keep it together. Justice is a great team leader.
bigman77 Wrote:From what i seen last night East Ridge future look real bright.:flame:

A big part of that depends on where Coach Justice and his son are, and I wouldn't count on him being there for the next 5 years...
Sounds like a solid game for Valley! Good balance across the board. Up next for the boys is LC and then the big one with Perry Central! I cant wait!
Congrats to S.V.

There is a huge difference in the 3rd ranked defense in Ky. and the 3rd best defense in Ky.
Westside Wrote:There is a huge difference in the 3rd ranked defense in Ky. and the 3rd best defense in Ky.

Touche!!!! TongueirateSho