Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziest Atmosphere.
1995 All-A Classic 15th regional championship game at Pikeville, Allen Central (Jeremy Hall) vs Paintsville (Vanhoose, Tackett, etc). Game was shot for shot, lead exchanged numerous times, great game to watch, all fans on the edge of their seats.
I know this isn't in kentucky, but the williamson vs logan games back in the late 70s and 80s was intense as a basketball game gets. The williamson fieldhouse would pack in 8-10 THOUSAND for those games I remember after one of those games logan fans broke and desroyed property near the fieldhouse . Also Belfry vs williamson would get intense to. If a game was played in belfry and you had a wv licence plate. Your windows, tires, and other things would be broken. THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!
kywldcat01 Wrote:That game is no where near the level of some of the Covcath/Holmes battles from 04/05 to 07/08.

The overtime win by Holmes in the 07 region championship was absolutely crazy.

In 08, out at Conner, there wasn't an empty seat in the house and there were fans standing at both ends of the court as well...standing room only.

The Dixie-Holmes game this year isn't even in the same ball park as those two games.
Notice the thread title.......It didn't ask what was the craziest atmosphere for a Holmes game. It asked what was the craziest atmosphere you had witnessed. Maybe instead of trying to run someone down you could just do like everyone else and state the game that in their opinion was the wildest atmosphere........ Get over yourself.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The 2004 first round district game between Hazard and Perry at Hyden. The clock was messed up all night. Hazard was ahead by 2 with 4 seconds on the clock. They added a few seconds to the clock and Daniel Combs made a 3 to give Perry the 48-47 win. I still haven't gotten over than one. lol

This. That game was wild.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:This. That game was wild.

It was one of the best games I've ever watched in person.
Redneck Wrote:The Paintsville/Lex Cath game was amazing, I remember sittin on the stage with my uncle, I was 11-12 years old.

As a player, I'd have to say when we (Paintsville) played Rose Hill on Senior Night in 2003. They had OJ Mayo and them boys. Sold out just like the Lex Cath game, plus they had a big screen TV in the new commons area of the school playing a live feed of the game for fans who couldn't get in, AND they had a big screen in the library playin a live feed of the game for more fans.

During the Rose Hill game i can remember som ppl getting so hot that they couldnt even handle staying in the game.
ill have to say most recently this season when knott co played either perry or hazard
Sounds like last night's PCC-Knott game was pretty crazy.
Speedshot Wrote:1978 14th region final at Knott. Fleming Neon vs Knott Central. More than 6000 fans there. Melee breaks out over the entire floor during starting lineups after Neon coach throws a towel at the P A announcer. Deputy running around on the floor with gun drawn and pointed in the air.

WOW, thats intense!
Speedshot Wrote:1978 14th region final at Knott. Fleming Neon vs Knott Central. More than 6000 fans there. Melee breaks out over the entire floor during starting lineups after Neon coach throws a towel at the P A announcer. Deputy running around on the floor with gun drawn and pointed in the air.

I couldn't help but laugh at the mental picture when I read this. I see Barney Fife running around with his gun in one hand and his bullet in the other trying to shoot an attacking towel. lol
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Sounds like last night's PCC-Knott game was pretty crazy.

That whole ordeal was really overexaggerated. It was a good game, not deserving of this thread though.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Notice the thread title.......It didn't ask what was the craziest atmosphere for a Holmes game. It asked what was the craziest atmosphere you had witnessed. Maybe instead of trying to run someone down you could just do like everyone else and state the game that in their opinion was the wildest atmosphere........ Get over yourself.

Holy crap, you and I agree on something, neither can stand kywildcat01.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I couldn't help but laugh at the mental picture when I read this. I see Barney Fife running around with his gun in one hand and his bullet in the other trying to shoot an attacking towel. lol
I didn't want to disrespect a peace officer.... but that's EXACTLY what it looked like!
I guess I'm becoming an old-timer, but nothing could ever beat the atmosphere of the Virgie games back in the day when the gym was new and the crowds packed in to watch Todd May and crew. Maybe it was because I was just a little kid, but those games (pretty sure it was a tournament) were truly AWE-some. People stood up the steps on the sides of the gym and the lobby was so packed you couldn't get throught to the concession stand if you wanted to,and no one cared. The fire marshal could've shut everything down, I'm sure. Of course, the gym was more compact than the ones they play in now, but the fans just seemed more passionate than nowadays....
letthebighogroot Wrote:Notice the thread title.......It didn't ask what was the craziest atmosphere for a Holmes game. It asked what was the craziest atmosphere you had witnessed. Maybe instead of trying to run someone down you could just do like everyone else and state the game that in their opinion was the wildest atmosphere........ Get over yourself.

How is my post not talking about the craziest or wildest atmosphere I've ever witnessed?

I simply stated my opinion that the 07 and 08 region championship games in the 9th region were two of the best I've ever seen...Holmes just happened to be apart of those two.

Don't take Holmes beating Elliott Co in last year's sweet 16 too personal. Confusedhh:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Holy crap, you and I agree on something, neither can stand kywildcat01.

:thatsfunn:moon:
kywldcat01 Wrote:How is my post not talking about the craziest or wildest atmosphere I've ever witnessed?

I simply stated my opinion that the 07 and 08 region championship games in the 9th region were two of the best I've ever seen...Holmes just happened to be apart of those two.

Don't take Holmes beating Elliott Co in last year's sweet 16 too personal. Confusedhh:

Wow, it's funny why they can't stand you. The greatest team ever to play in Ky got a beat down last year. :1:
Dawg 81 Wrote:Wow, it's funny why they can't stand you. The greatest team ever to play in Ky got a beat down last year. :1:

Who?