Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints 31 Colts 17 - Super Bowl XLIV
Final from Miami, FL

Much deserving win for the Saints and the city of New Orleans!
I didn't care who won, but the more I watched I found myself rooting for the Saints, due to what the city has been through.
I just wanted brees to win because he deserved MVP.
congrats to the saints, my colts let me down
Brees outplayed Manning tonight and the Saints as a whole just wanted to win more than the Colts did. The onside kick and the beginning of the 2nd half changed the complexity of the entire game. IMO Peyton and Eli already have won Super Bowls and in a roundabout way Archie Manning won one tonight.
Not a good way to end the day, we'll get em next year.
I don't like either team, but I was rooting for the Colts. Brees did out play Manning.
Seems like most have had teh same comment. I really didn't have a vested interest in either team. I guess when it came to kickoff, I was pulling for Manning. As many have said, Brees outplayed Manning, but it was not that simple to say that he "Out Played" him. He was on the field twice as much as Peyton. The way that the Colts moved the ball, had the Saints not sustained drives for the time that they did, the Colts may have won a blowout. The INT was all Reggie Waynes fault. Had it not been for that, we were on our way to the first OT in SB history.

Play of the game may seem like the on-side kick, but to me, it was the 4th and goal play in the 1st half. If the Saints would have kicked the field goal, the Colts may well have scored a TD or at least a FG themselves. It worked out perfectly for the Saints.
[found myself rooting for the Saints, due to what the city has been through.[/QUOTE]

Now, since the final phoenix has risen his transvestite butt above the ashes, this filthy city can move on....
This will not haunt Peyton but ignite even a great fire and passion in him.
The Saint's deserve this win as they took down all the big hurdles they faced. The Charger's lost huge when they got rid of Bree's. Personally i think when the Saints played the Vike's we where watching the superbowl. If that game had been anywhere but NewOrleans the Vikes would have rolled. With all the noise the Vike's defense simply could not beat the snap count,something they thrived on all year. Anyway i expected the saints to win by a bigger margin than they did. Hats off to the Colts D in keeping them under the 40point margin. Congrats to the saints and my old Marine colleague from New Orleans. He called and was having the biggest party of his life last night!!!
Glad to see the Saints win! And on top of that in the predictions thread I said Saints by 2 TDs and they won by exactly 2 TDs!!!!!!!:rockon:
Stardust Wrote:Seems like most have had teh same comment. I really didn't have a vested interest in either team. I guess when it came to kickoff, I was pulling for Manning. As many have said, Brees outplayed Manning, but it was not that simple to say that he "Out Played" him. He was on the field twice as much as Peyton. The way that the Colts moved the ball, had the Saints not sustained drives for the time that they did, the Colts may have won a blowout. The INT was all Reggie Waynes fault. Had it not been for that, we were on our way to the first OT in SB history.

Play of the game may seem like the on-side kick, but to me, it was the 4th and goal play in the 1st half. If the Saints would have kicked the field goal, the Colts may well have scored a TD or at least a FG themselves. It worked out perfectly for the Saints.

You think they would have scored if no int was thrown? Idk, the failed to convert the next drive on 1st and goal.
Royal Fair I C Wrote:This will not haunt Peyton but ignite even a great fire and passion in him.

I agree.
Nice win for the Saints
me to aslan
Love Brees. Won a lot of money on my favorite player.
the saints deserve to win the super bowl but they shouldnt have even been in that game, the vikings should have because the nfc championship game was bull crap, and in OT the referees cost the vikings the game with 2 bad calls
They lost. Refs had nothing to do with it. If they were so good there would have been no overtime.
K_Mac Wrote:They lost. Refs had nothing to do with it. If they were so good there would have been no overtime.

true which they were good enough they just turned the ball over too much
Saints played real ball this game