Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the BEST Guards in the 15th Region?
I want to hear about top guards from the same team, such as Snodgrass, Lowe, and Ratliff from PC, or Friend, Bentley, and the tall guy from SV.

IMO, the guards with the most ability would have to be at SV right now, but I favor the intesity factor.

So, my vote goes to Belfry's guards. Especially Maynard, Young, and Wicker...They all really hustle all the time, and I believe this will really pay off come March.

Maynard is so quick and can shoot out of rhythm, off the dribble, off a screen, backwards, and any other way you can think of--with success. He penetrates and goes to the rack hard. Good defender as well.

Young can really hurt any team for he is an excellent shooter that cannot be left open. Hard-nosed defender and also quick as a cat. And, as luck would have it, he is Maynard's uncle (how that's possible, i don't know, but its true).

And Wicker is a strong defender, strong rebounder, and is valuable on the perimeter and in the post. Can shoot the ball well, but his strongest advantage is driving to the hole.

You just cannot beat these guards with any others in the 15th. IMO, in a league of their own.
Ryan Johnson Of South Floyd is good
Michael Stephens-P'burg
Mason Hall-SF
Kris Bentley-SV
"dominator05" Wrote:You just cannot beat these guards with any others in the 15th. IMO, in a league of their own.

I think you might stretching it a little bit there pal....
Stephens, Compton, and Blackburn is a pretty strong 3-some. Not great shooting ability, but seem to penetrate awfully well and dish to the open man or take it straight to the rim. All are great defenders too. You can also throw in Leslie. He can shoot, and seems to be getting in the mix down low and coming up with some blocked shots as he leads the team in blocks.
P-burg- Compton, M. Stephens
SV- Bentley
Aaron Branham from East Ridge is hard to beat, he has a very quick first step and can create as good as anyone in the region.
But what about from the same team??? I guess what I am trying to say is,

Who is the best trio of guards (on the same team)? or "3-some" as blackcatfan put it??? LOL
Well Aaron Branham, Eric Slone, and Nathan Thacker aren't a bad trio.
"dominator05" Wrote:Who is the best trio of guards (on the same team)? or "3-some" as blackcatfan put it??? LOL
Big Grin
Michael Stephens, Trevor Compton, Joe Blackburn (6th man)
There are some Freshmen at Paintsville that are pretty good. Slone Vanhoose and Grimm. They are competing and winning game against upper classmen. Slone is one of the best players in the 15th region in any class.
Of the guards that I've watched play this year. Bently for Shelby Valley is the best. He can shoot lights out. He is the best shooter in the 15th easily if not one of the best shooters in the state. He can also handle the ball very well. He can drive and plays hard defense. He's a great player.

Brad Lowe is also very good..if he gets into a rythem he can torch any team in the region. Sadly though I heard that he was recently injured.

Matt Maynard has the potential to be the best player in the region. But he has to want it and he has to work hard.
Valley's guards are awesome, but they have to have the want-to to play basketball. The only fire I see is in Bentley, who is pretty darn good--DON'T LEAVE HIM OPEN!!!!

Pike Central just has Lowe. Lowe is their main guy besides Gibson in the post. But, Lowe is their leader. Every now and then, Ratliff will drive the lane, do a spin move, pull some crazy shot that happens to fall, but he's not consistent like Lowe. The other guards are Snottgrass, Thacker, and occasionally the small forward Rowe. Snottgrass plays cheap, poking and punching when the refs aren't looking. Thacker plays hard D, but is weak with the ball and rarely shoots. Rowe is pretty athletic, can jump, but does not handle the ball well. They all play hard.

Maynard, Young, Wicker, Case, and occasionally Howard all play hard. They want to win--you can see it in their eyes. The intensity level is almost always high with Belfry and everyone gives it their all. They are all quick, can shoot, and play good D, with the exception of Howard (when he wants to play D). Maynard really could be the best guard in the 15th next year, and I would love to see him be recruited to play at the next level.
ethan johnson is one of the better guards in the region. he can shoot the lights out
ethan johnson sf
mason hall sf
ryan johnson sf
ethan johnson sf
ryan johnson sf
michael stephens ph
mason hall would be a good continder if it wasn't for the bad decisions he makes that causes alot of turnovers
I'd definitely say that Nathan Lafferty should be given recognition, noone creates like this kid does. As for other top guards Michael Stephens from Pburg is one of the good ones in the 15th, and IMO Bentley is the most underrated (probably the best) player in the 15th.
Hey 4leaf didnt the thacker boy quit.
Micheal Stephans
Mason Hall
Ryan Johnson
Aaron Brahnam
Kris Bently
Ethan Johnson-sf
Mason Hall-sf
Aaron Branham is by far the best pg in the region he gets is team mates in the game then he gets is
Would have to agree big man, after seeing him play he is not a selfish player at all and still scoring about 25 per game. He seems to know the situations his team needs him to take over.
Basketball Crazy, he may have, but I thought he was still playing.
"dominator05" Wrote:Valley's guards are awesome, but they have to have the want-to to play basketball. The only fire I see is in Bentley, who is pretty darn good--DON'T LEAVE HIM OPEN!!!!

Pike Central just has Lowe. Lowe is their main guy besides Gibson in the post. But, Lowe is their leader. Every now and then, Ratliff will drive the lane, do a spin move, pull some crazy shot that happens to fall, but he's not consistent like Lowe. The other guards are Snottgrass, Thacker, and occasionally the small forward Rowe. Snottgrass plays cheap, poking and punching when the refs aren't looking. Thacker plays hard D, but is weak with the ball and rarely shoots. Rowe is pretty athletic, can jump, but does not handle the ball well. They all play hard.

Maynard, Young, Wicker, Case, and occasionally Howard all play hard. They want to win--you can see it in their eyes. The intensity level is almost always high with Belfry and everyone gives it their all. They are all quick, can shoot, and play good D, with the exception of Howard (when he wants to play D). Maynard really could be the best guard in the 15th next year, and I would love to see him be recruited to play at the next level.

Hahah Chase's last name is spelled Snodgrass. I haven't seen these boys play any, but Rowe's dad can handle the ball and shoot the lights out of it. If what you are saying is true then it sounds like Rowe got the short end of the stick lol
Ryan Johnson COULD be the best guard, When the season started I thought that he was, but has developed at attitude, not to mention he went threw a point were he thought he had to shoot all the time..He just makes some dumb choices.....
Michael Stephens of Prestonsburg is another good guard
"4leaf" Wrote:Well Aaron Branham, Eric Slone, and Nathan Thacker aren't a bad trio.

Nathan Thacker isn't that impressive imo.....
I have not saw a good guard yet....................
the best "threesome" that i have seen is ethan johnson, ryan johnson and mason hall from south floyd
"live baller" Wrote:the best "threesome" that i have seen is ethan johnson, ryan johnson and mason hall from south floyd

not me.......... Big Grin ...........you need to get out more