Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs, 1B Kevin Millar Agree T
Veteran first baseman Kevin Millar has reached agreement on a one-year, minor league deal with the Chicago Cubs and will try to win a job on the team's bench as an invitee to major league camp, he confirmed in an e-mail to ESPN.com on Monday.

"It's been a very slow market as you have seen this offseason,'' said Millar, who confirmed that the deal would become official later this week. "But things have worked out. I'm excited to have a chance to compete for a spot with the Cubbies. I have a lot of buddies on that team.''

A Cubs spokesman said no agreement was in place Monday with Millar.
But sources said the team has expressed interest in bringing Millar to camp

on a minor league contract to compete for a spot off the bench.

Millar, 38, is a .274 career hitter with 170 home runs in 12 seasons with Florida, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto. He hit .223 in 78 games with the Blue Jays last season.

Millar played previously with Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster and first baseman Derrek Lee in Florida.

Gary Hughes, Chicago's assistant GM, signed Millar to his first contract with the Marlins in 1993 after he spent one season with the St. Paul Saints in the independent Northern League.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/ne...id=4877453
can someone please change the Title to - Cubs, 1B Kevin Millar Agree To Deal

Thanks
I think that this is a really good deal for the Cubs because Millar is a good player and would provide alot of veteran experience!