Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindsey Wilson College hires former Highlands player as football coach
^

COLUMBIA, Ky. -- With the first Lindsey Wilson College football season in 75 years just 217 days away from kickoff, the full coaching staff is beginning to take shape. Bert Bathiany and Will Judson are the latest hires who join the program as graduate assistant coaches.

Bathiany is a native of Fort Thomas, Ky., where he captained the 2004 Kentucky State Football Champion Highlands High School, while Judson arrives in Columbia from Fayetteville, Ga. Judson played collegiately at the University of Illinois.

Blue Raider head coach Chris Oliver is excited about integrating the pair into the day-to-day aspects of the football program.

"Coach Judson and Coach Bathiany are men of high character who will have a great impact on our young men and the success of our football program, said Oliver. "They are high-energy coaches who will teach a lot to our players, both on and off the field. They are quality additions to our campus."

Bathiany continued his football playing career at Denison (Ohio) University where he was a three-year starter at safety and linebacker. The native of Northern Kentucky earned the Outstanding Defensive Back Award and Defensive MVP honor in 2008, while also being selected to the NCAC All-Conference Second Team.
Stardust, what do you know about Bert Bathiany? I know that you are from the area and figured that you might know something about him.
Give lindsey 4 Years and they will be naia champs!
lwc Wrote:Stardust, what do you know about Bert Bathiany? I know that you are from the area and figured that you might know something about him.

Very solid family, very solid football player. I don't know him personally, but he will bring a "Systematic" approach to LW. His background will have prepared him well for college coaching. I just can't speak knowledgeably to how his background translates to teaching. He has the credentials, I wish the young man well.
Stardust Wrote:Very solid family, very solid football player. I don't know him personally, but he will bring a "Systematic" approach to LW. His background will have prepared him well for college coaching. I just can't speak knowledgeably to how his background translates to teaching. He has the credentials, I wish the young man well.

Thanks, and sorry for putting you on the spot. You and Ryanblue are the only member that comes to mind that are from the Northern area, and I think he is closer to the Louisville area.

I appreciate it.
Thats great! I can't wait to see how they'll do this season!!
Johnwa11 Wrote:Give lindsey 4 Years and they will be naia champs!

That's a very bold statement.