3.June Buchanon
4.Belfry
5.Allen Central
6.Dorton
7.Sebastion 8th
8.Hazard 8th
9.Johnson Central
10.Betsy Layne
Is this for the entire state or just Pike, Floyd, Johnson, Knott counties?
Dorton should be ranked over belfry even with the struthers kid, and june buchanan is not going to be as strong with tate cox playing mainly HS ball this year and losing the big 6'8 collins kid down low
Sebatian is also a very good team
they have a nice point guard
Just Around here in Eastern Ky
In Eastern Ky from what I have seen and heard, I would say:

1. Virgie
2. Hindman
3. Sebastian(haven't seen them, but heard they were pretty good.
4. Pikeville
Elkhorn
Dorton
7. Hazard
Allen Central
Whitesburg
10. Johnson Central
Louisa Middle

I haven't seen Betsy Layne yet. When Struthers starts playing again, Belfry should be up there also.

It's very hard to rate 10 teams without leaving out someone. Also, I haven't seen all of the teams around here play.
"Ac11Rebels" Wrote:1.Virgie
2.Hindman
3.June Buchanon
4.Belfry
5.Allen Central
6.Dorton
7.Sebastion 8th
8.Hazard 8th
9.Johnson Central
10.Betsy Layne

Dorton defeated both Belfry and Allen Central...
Clay County is 7-2. They have posted wins aganist Sebastian, OBI twice, Hazard, Jackson County, Lexington Catholic, and Danville. They lost to Corbin @ Corbin and Whitley County by 1 in OT.
Dorton lost at Hazard last night so I would have to either move Dorton down or Hazard up on my list.
Virgie ain't #1
Who is #1 then?
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:Virgie ain't #1

Name a better middle school team..I'd love to hear who is better...
I like John M. Stumbo, lol
I will go with Virgie. They have A LOT of experience.
Elkhorn has a very strong team this year but I don't see them competing with Virgie.
The feilds kid from elkhorn is a good guard
very quick and he sees the floor well
has a good jumper
the only probelm is he doesn't have much help
Sf
HAHAHAHA good one #4
Clay County lost @ Hazard tonight by 8 in OT. Clay had 3 or 4 players suffering from illnesses thought. No excuse though, they should have won if they would have played.
"THE BUS" Wrote:HAHAHAHA good one #4

Amusing to you? SF has a good team this year, like last year.
Yes it is
SF ran there mouths last year and went down state and got their butts kick
Virgie which is the former state champs has 3 of there 5 returning starters
2 of which made the all state team
Virgie is a really good team there tallest player is 6'4, and they went 2 state last year so they are #1, belfry has got beat alot laetly the should be like #10 or something
I think that the fields kid from elkhorn could possibly start on anytime on the list.
"alfus21" Wrote:Name a better middle school team..I'd love to hear who is better...

I'd like for him to name a team in EKY that is hands down better than Virgie too.....because aint no team in the 14th, 15th, or 16th wants a piece of that middle school team if they are........

When a few of those teams on that list get healthy there pretty good but to make a statement like old dude did and I have to question their knowledge of ANYTHING
Ain't no is a double negative, but other than that, I fully agree with your post. Virgie is dominant in middle school basketball.
I think Millard Middle School should be one of the top ten middle schol teams. I doubt they can compete with virgie, but they're good.
I may have seen everything now. How can you have even seen or heard many more than 10 middle school teams?
Knowledge of 10 Middle School teams isn't unheard of. Teams that travel to a variety of tournaments see players from many counties. The Right Beaver Classis at ACMS hosted 10 teams from Floyd, Knott and Perry County. The Pikeville Invitiational- at Pikeville College had teams from Floyd, Johnson, Lawrence, Pike and Knott County. The Hazzard Invitational had teams from Breathitt, Letcher, Floyd, Leslie, Perry, Jackson and possibly Wolf. Some of the Middle schools host panorama's which brings in teams from all over Eastern, KY.
Clay is playing in some tournament at Alice Lloyd this weekend and next week. I think they play Letcher the first game on Sunday. Does anyone know if this will be a good tournament.
"51513" Wrote:Clay is playing in some tournament at Alice Lloyd this weekend and next week. I think they play Letcher the first game on Sunday. Does anyone know if this will be a good tournament.

I would say JBS and ALC will host some quality teams in the tourney. Anyone know who else will be playing in it?