Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge @ Lawrence County 1/22
i think east ridge runs away with it in the second half to much size for lc to compete with
If east ridge shows up to play like they are capable of playing, it should be a interesting game to watch. I take east ridge by 11
I think East Ridge could win this one. Lawrence is proving to be the biggest disappointment in the region this season.
Larry Legend Wrote:I think East Ridge could win this one. Lawrence is proving to be the biggest disappointment in the region this season.
How so? They are 5-1 in the region thus far... you people crack me up. I guess since they lost to Sheldon Clark they should be written off.

I say LC by 10+
ER by 5
Creeker Wrote:How so? They are 5-1 in the region thus far... you people crack me up. I guess since they lost to Sheldon Clark they should be written off.

I say LC by 10+

How many teams has Lawrence beat with a winning record? This was the team that everyone said had the potential to knock off Valley and represent the 15th. Sheldon Clark beats them 69-64, Valley beat Sheldon Clark by 60 and could have won by 75. I would say that doesn't put them where they were supposed to be do you? So I guess that would easily make them a disappointment.
East Ridge and Coach Justice will beat them double digits.
Larry Legend Wrote:How many teams has Lawrence beat with a winning record? This was the team that everyone said had the potential to knock off Valley and represent the 15th. Sheldon Clark beats them 69-64, Valley beat Sheldon Clark by 60 and could have won by 75. I would say that doesn't put them where they were supposed to be do you? So I guess that would easily make them a disappointment.
So I guess it is now the LC Players fault that they haven't played a team with a winning record? IMO, any team that is 5-1 in the region is doing just fine and would not be considered a disappointment... if they were 1-5, yeah, that would be disappointing.

Let it go man, let it go... some punk kid got on here and said LC could possibly knock off Valley and you have had your panties in a twist ever since. Go back and look at the recent LC threads... you have made some sort of negative comment in every one. :dontthink
Creeker Wrote:Go back and look at the recent LC threads... you have made some sort of negative comment in every one. :dontthink
I did go back and look at my comments... I had never even typed the word Lawrence in any of my posts (I only went back 2 years) until this morning. Nice research... :HitWall:

Bottom line is they haven't performed up to expectation. 5-1 is not that great considering the state of our region. A semi-close loss to Sheldon Clark is nothing to hang ones hat on. I am sure that the people associated with the Lawrence program aren't quite as content with the way things are going as you are. Their goal is a regional title, I was making the point that if thats the caliber team they consider themselves then this season has been disappointing thus far. Follow? Or would you rather make another false accusation.
Larry Legend Wrote:I did go back and look at my comments... I had never even typed the word Lawrence in any of my posts (I only went back 2 years) until this morning. Nice research... :HitWall:

Bottom line is they haven't performed up to expectation. 5-1 is not that great considering the state of our region. A semi-close loss to Sheldon Clark is nothing to hang ones hat on. I am sure that the people associated with the Lawrence program aren't quite as content with the way things are going as you are. Their goal is a regional title, I was making the point that if thats the caliber team they consider themselves then this season has been disappointing thus far. Follow? Or would you rather make another false accusation.
No research done on my part... got better things to do than that. :biggrin: Just could have swore you were the one that was making those comments about the West kid from LC when someone was trying to say he has helped the team a lot... if it wasn't you, then my apologies.

So, if they had went 6-0 in the region, would you be any less disappointed in their performance thus far or would have they had to beat each opponent by 60 to be less of a disappointment?
Creeker Wrote:So, if they had went 6-0 in the region, would you be any less disappointed in their performance thus far or would have they had to beat each opponent by 60 to be less of a disappointment?

Well obviously the fact that Lawrence lost to Sheldon Clark by 5 and SV beat them 60 doesn't exactly make anyone think that Lawrence is a real threat to Valley. Margin of victory can certainly make a win more impressive, so yes if Lawrence had beaten those other 5 teams by 60 they definitely would be regarded as a much larger threat. You can say that a win is a win, but beating someone 40 is sure a lot more convincing than winning on a buzzer beater. Lawrence hasn't even separated themselves from Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, Betsy Layne, etc... So yes once again, I see the Bulldogs season thus far as a disappointment.
Larry Legend Wrote:I think East Ridge could win this one. Lawrence is proving to be the biggest disappointment in the region this season.
The BIGGEST disappointment is ER could not even beat Pike County Central
Larry Legend Wrote:Well obviously the fact that Lawrence lost to Sheldon Clark by 5 and SV beat them 60 doesn't exactly make anyone think that Lawrence is a real threat to Valley. Margin of victory can certainly make a win more impressive, so yes if Lawrence had beaten those other 5 teams by 60 they definitely would be regarded as a much larger threat. You can say that a win is a win, but beating someone 40 is sure a lot more convincing than winning on a buzzer beater. Lawrence hasn't even separated themselves from Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, Betsy Layne, etc... So yes once again, I see the Bulldogs season thus far as a disappointment.
Thanks for you opinion... I am sure the folks at Lawrence appreciate it and have taken note of it. :biggrin:
Creeker Wrote:Thanks for you opinion... I am sure the folks at Lawrence appreciate it and have taken note of it. :biggrin:

It doesn't matter whether they take note of it or not. If they are happy with mediocrity then so be it. My guess is they want to be an elite program and with the talent they have this season they are not happy with a loss to Sheldon Clark. Thank you for the false accusations and pointless banter.
ER will win this game by atleast 10 pts
LC needs to do a better job of closing out games and hitting FT's. Until that happens, every game can be an adventure. LC by 3.
Wow... new here, but looks like a lot of folks missed this one big time. LC wins 85 - 44!