Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 83 - Wolfe County 78
Final.
Much closer game from the Wolves, looks like they are starting to play a lot better as of late. This should be a great district tourney between these two teams. Should be an interesting draw for them. Hopefully they will draw opposite of each other for the regional tourney's sake. Jackson or Riverside just don't deserve to be in it, the state should make all districts seed. Just would make these district games mean so much more.
How do you give up 78 points to Wolfe?
Aslan Wrote:How do you give up 78 points to Wolfe?

they gave up 87pts. the first time they played Wolfe.
NO DEFENSE! They are just worried about outscoring people, not stopping them. They are running and gunning and putting up many shots and just hoping to outscore people, and it's been working so far, but what happens when the shots don't fall or someone actually plays some defense on them for a change. Will be interesting to see when and if that can happen here in the 14th, the only teams that play defense are Hazard and Perry.
well its hard on the bobcats have to play 5 players and 3 refs now aint it and i cant wait to see the bobcats whoop up on perry central
mountain hoops guru Wrote:NO DEFENSE! They are just worried about outscoring people, not stopping them. They are running and gunning and putting up many shots and just hoping to outscore people, and it's been working so far, but what happens when the shots don't fall or someone actually plays some defense on them for a change. Will be interesting to see when and if that can happen here in the 14th, the only teams that play defense are Hazard and Perry.

Agree 100%
bobcats22 Wrote:well its hard on the bobcats have to play 5 players and 3 refs now aint it and i cant wait to see the bobcats whoop up on perry central

Lol.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:NO DEFENSE! They are just worried about outscoring people, not stopping them. They are running and gunning and putting up many shots and just hoping to outscore people, and it's been working so far, but what happens when the shots don't fall or someone actually plays some defense on them for a change. Will be interesting to see when and if that can happen here in the 14th, the only teams that play defense are Hazard and Perry.
What about Knott Central? Unless Dave Fraley has forgotten something from his coaching days at Powell County (where he won the region in 1974) and Pulaski County (where he won a state title in 1987), he knows a thing or two about defense.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What about Knott Central? Unless Dave Fraley has forgotten something from his coaching days at Powell County (where he won the region in 1974) and Pulaski County (where he won a state title in 1987), he knows a thing or two about defense.

:Thumbs:

I think the objective is to out score your opponent, by whatever means. For the most part, it's worked for Breathitt. I'm sure the fact they are not good on defense will catch up with them sometimes. As for the Perry/Hazard defense comment, Breathitt has already beaten Hazard. Perry may be a different story.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What about Knott Central? Unless Dave Fraley has forgotten something from his coaching days at Powell County (where he won the region in 1974) and Pulaski County (where he won a state title in 1987), he knows a thing or two about defense.

At the Beginning of the year Knott played no defense, but they have improved, I'll give them that. There still not a good defensive team, but defintely an improved one.
mandan Wrote:I think the objective is to out score your opponent, by whatever means. For the most part, it's worked for Breathitt. I'm sure the fact they are not good on defense will catch up with them sometimes. As for the Perry/Hazard defense comment, Breathitt has already beaten Hazard. Perry may be a different story.

Sometimes your shots won't be falling, but if your a good defensive team, then your defense will win games/keep you in them if shots aren't falling. As for the Hazard comment, they have improved a ton since the beginning of the year. I'm not going to say Hazard would beat them since I haven't seen Breathitt play yet(but I will tonight.).