Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County's Ge'lawn Guyn maybe out for three weeks!
Ge’lawn Guyn has been playing hurt all season with tendonitis in both knees. The only thing to help with tendonitis is rest. Both of his knees hurt to the touch. Scott County has a no practice no play rule. So as it stands right now Ge'lawn maybe out until February 1st!
But on to some better news!!!:Thumbs: Update on Ge'lawn's Recruiting process.

Offered by: Western Kentucky, South Florida, Nebraska, North Carolina Charlotte, and Dayton.

Recruited by: Texas, Indiana, Louisville, Mississippi State, Xavier, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Wisconsin, Cincinnati and Florida, Kent State.
(Weekly Contact with all the schoolsSmile

He will be taking visits very soon!!!!!!!!
Best of Luck and take care of yourself....very bright future.
Really hate to hear this, hope he rest and gets ready for post season, that is when they will need him. Looks like he will miss the GRC game, they play Jan 30th.
It doesn't seem to be hurting SC tonight. They are up 47-23 over Bryan Station at the half. I hope Guyn has a speedy recovery.
Tendonitis is a tricky injury, its really one of those things that can be re-occuring if I am correct, and rest is the only way to tolerate the pain. If he comes back and it flares up again, its just a matter if he can play with pain or not.

Sad to hear this about such and outstanding player. Hopefully he shakes it and can come back and be effective this season for Scott Co. and in his future.
Hopefully Ge has a speedy recovery. He is a very good kid both on and off the court. Hate to see him miss some of his senior season with an injury.
Tough loss for SC, this is aruably one of the top 3 players in the state.
Hope he gets all help he can.Better to rest some if can before end of year.I don't want to see any players hurt.If I win I want to beat the other team with all of their players healthy.
From Jody Demling on Tuesday 1/19. He played against McCreary Central. Only sat out one game.

Guyn, one of the state's top seniors, missed Friday's game against Bryan Station and told me last week that he could miss a few games because of tendonitis in both knees. He didn't start the game but he played 19 minutes and had five points, four rebounds and two steals.
The Doctors are telling him that it will not hurt his knees by playing. He is only playing limited time on the court for the next two weeks. :Thumbs:
goldenrule19 Wrote:The Doctors are telling him that it will not hurt his knees by playing. He is only playing limited time on the court for the next two weeks. :Thumbs:

Good to hear.
Hope for a speedy recovery.