Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2010
The big rams look a little thin this year. They have more freshman than sophmores, juniors, and seniors combined.
How many coming out this year? I drove by last evening and looked like between 25-30 players.
Has anyone seen any practices? How do they look? What offensive system are they using?
3 Sam Hieneman Sr.
8 Scotty Craft Sr.
11 Ryan Tolliver So.
14 Tyler Farley Sr.
15 Tyler Nethercutt Jr.
16 Marcus Reed Jr.
19 Austin Blankenship So.
23 Ralph Burchett Sr.
33 Kyle Morris So.
34 Michael Litteral Sr.
44 Josh Reed Jr.
45 Jared Graqvenor Jr.
52 Austin Johnson Sr.
53 Brandon Rogers Jr.
54 Bryan Caudill Jr.
55 Doug Abrams So.
56 Johnny Smith Jr.
61 Levi Hunt So.
66 Brandon Boyles So.
68 Logan Caldwell So.
71 Monty Harris Jr.
72 James Harris Jr.
74 Justin Evans Sr.
78 Devin Thomas So.
80 Phillip Thompson Jr.
85 John Valencourt So.

Freshmen
Zach Litteral
Austin Manis
Nevan Johnson
James Wireman
Timmy McComas
Michael Mowery
Yale Wetzel
Paul Frisby
James Smith
AJ Joseph
Daylin Beach
Mac Boggs
Blake Bressler
Nathan Chaney
Adam Elkins
Brady Harris
Jacob Holbrook
Alec Risner
Michael Wolmack

26 upper classmen and 19 freshmen..Making up a 45 man roster... Is that freshmen class the biggest class Raceland's ever had?
So will Raceland be able to play JV this season. Will the frosh play jv and freshman. Looks like they will have to.
I saw one of those freshman at Russell practicing today.
FBALL Wrote:I saw one of those freshman at Russell practicing today.
Really, and who would that be?
I don't doubt it as much as kids change schools these days...
Kosar Wrote:Really, and who would that be?

One that had gone to Russell before and now came back.
FBALL Wrote:One that had gone to Russell before and now came back.

Obviously couldn't cut the Mustard in Ram Land. When you Can't Cut the Mustard In Ram Land You go to either Russell or Greenup to play. Lets hear it for the Evils and the Musketels. "Hip Hip....Who Cares!"
Numbers are a little down but those classes never had that many kids playing to start with. I've been to a few practices...The kids seem to try really hard and don't show any attitude towards the coaches. i was told their were more freshman than the rest of the classes combined. Things are looking good in Ram land. In the next 2 years there should be at least 60+ kids on the team. big classes from the freshman down to the 6th grade.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Numbers are a little down but those classes never had that many kids playing to start with. I've been to a few practices...The kids seem to try really hard and don't show any attitude towards the coaches. i was told their were more freshman than the rest of the classes combined. Things are looking good in Ram land. In the next 2 years there should be at least 60+ kids on the team. big classes from the freshman down to the 6th grade.
Glad they are trying hard. LOL. If that is the best thing you can say after watching practice the Cram's are in more trouble than I thought.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Obviously couldn't cut the Mustard in Ram Land. When you Can't Cut the Mustard In Ram Land You go to either Russell or Greenup to play. Lets hear it for the Evils and the Musketels. "Hip Hip....Who Cares!"

I guess he just got tired of being an Am. Being an Am would be more like cutting the cheese than the mustard.
Go ahead and kick the Rams while they are down......It won't last long.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Go ahead and kick the Rams while they are down......It won't last long.
They will be if they all come back to Russell.:devilflam
Its almost time for meet the RAMS this friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont care if the Rams go 15-0 or 0-15 I can tell you that us folks down here in Ramland will still be behind our Rams cause thats just the type of communtiy that we have! Unlike some other local schools cough cough!
Team Camp starts today at 4!!! This is where boys turn into men! Does Russell or Greenup have any type of camp like this for their teams? jw
Kosar Wrote:Glad they are trying hard. LOL. If that is the best thing you can say after watching practice the Cram's are in more trouble than I thought.

That's the best thing I can say for now. Haven't seen them hit or tackle.....Haven't seen how the freshmen react to being hit by a senior. I've just noticed that the attitudes are much better than last year....And the kids are giving good effort. Team week is this week.....That will tell me a little more about this team.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That's the best thing I can say for now. Haven't seen them hit or tackle.....Haven't seen how the freshmen react to being hit by a senior. I've just noticed that the attitudes are much better than last year....And the kids are giving good effort. Team week is this week.....That will tell me a little more about this team.

They had great attitudes last year RAM-A-DEVIL!
Went to practice lastnight.....It's early.....lots of work to do. Lack of depth will be the biggest obstacle to overcome this year. kids seem to have good attitudes and seem to be working hard. Farley can really throw the ball well. Depending on the depth problem.....this team could end up with a winning record by seasons end. The only game I see us being out gunned in would be the Ashland game. Other than that we should be in every game we play this year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Went to practice lastnight.....It's early.....lots of work to do. Lack of depth will be the biggest obstacle to overcome this year. kids seem to have good attitudes and seem to be working hard. Farley can really throw the ball well. Depending on the depth problem.....this team could end up with a winning record by seasons end. The only game I see us being out gunned in would be the Ashland game. Other than that we should be in every game we play this year.

Farley has the best cannon in the area:rockon:
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:Farley has the best cannon in the area:rockon:

I'd say Hunter from Ashland, Wing from Rowan, and Pawsat from Mason would have something to say about that.
Went to the orange white game the other night. The big Rams act like they are afraid to hit somebody. Must get more aggressive if they want to win any games this year. Some people have us going to the regional finals again this year. If so.....Class A must really be down this year. I just don't see that happening this year. My prediction is 5-5 this year.....simply because of the depth problem.
LClion4life Wrote:I'd say Hunter from Ashland, Wing from Rowan, and Pawsat from Mason would have something to say about that.

I think Raceland does have the best QB in "the area" as in Greenup and Boyd County. However, I do agree that Pawsat, Mason County's QB, is better.
Too many games that can go either way for me to really say.. If we get a little luck on our side and manage to remain injury free I'll say 7-3.. Only because I have that much faith in Coach Maynard. And his ability to get the best out of what he has..
Im going to say we finish the entire year at .500 6-6 with a second round loss..I really do hope they can do better though, which they can
Any word how Raceland looked in the scrimmage? Strengths? Weakness?
They looked alot better than I thought they were going to after seeing the innersquad scrimmage. Farley has improved drastically over the past year. Much more comfortable in the pocket. The receivers really stepped up as well had several great catches... Runningbacks ran very hard as well. I don't think putting points on the board will be a problem..
Weakness is going to be the game in the trenches. Alot smaller than the previous years up front.