Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls Basketball Top 25 UNOFFICIAL
Since BGR does NOT have a Girls Basketball Rankings, I am going to post one that would be my top 25. Maybe a few of us can post our own top 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 and the staff may take them into account and make an OFFICIAL top 25. The Boys have one, why not the girls.

1. Marion County
2. Manual
3. Christian Academy-Louisville
4. Mercy
5. Rockcastle County
6. Madison Central
7. Bullitt East
8. Sacred Heart Academy
9. Bowling Green
10. Boone County
11. Lincoln County
12. Clay County
13. Franklin County
14. Elizabethtown
15. Webster County
16. Casey County
17. Scott County
18. Newport Central Catholic
19. Letcher County Central
20. Henderson County

Not Ranked, but next 4 in:
Butler
South Laurel
Sheldon Clark
East Carter
To 20 or Top 25
Im going to have to say Southwestern needs to be in there some place.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Im going to have to say Southwestern needs to be in there some place.

They are my 5th team in. I meant to put them. I think because of Fothergill, they are top 25 good, but that loss to Monticello REALLY hurt their ranking.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:To 20 or Top 25

I want posters like you to help me, and hopefully, the BGR staff to make an actual top 25. All that I have is a Top 20, and 4 teams that I think are good but not entirely sure about.

If you and other people made a top ___ list, you could help everyone out.
Only reasons why we're not doing a top 20 for girls basketball is because we cannot get anyone to vote. There's simply no interest.

If you all wanted to, you could come up with your own girls top 20 rankings and I'll sticky them for you.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Only reasons why we're not doing a top 20 for girls basketball is because we cannot get anyone to vote. There's simply no interest.

If you all wanted to, you could come up with your own girls top 20 rankings and I'll sticky them for you.

That sounds great! When everyone compiles their teams and we get them organized, I will start a new thread called "BGR Official Girls Basketball Top ____", PM you and ask you to sticky it. Sound cool?
Sounds great.
lwc Wrote:They are my 5th team in. I meant to put them. I think because of Fothergill, they are top 25 good, but that loss to Monticello REALLY hurt their ranking.

Yes I am aware of the loss to Monticello. But Monticello isnt a bad team at all this year. Somerset beat Rockcastle.

Now mind you I am not disputing these rankings these are good rankings. I am just trying to get the 12th region teams a little more recogintion. it seems like this site is based east of I-75 and thats fine I just need to recruit more people fromt the 12th. But Good post I like it.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Yes I am aware of the loss to Monticello. But Monticello isnt a bad team at all this year. Somerset beat Rockcastle.

Now mind you I am not disputing these rankings these are good rankings. I am just trying to get the 12th region teams a little more recogintion. it seems like this site is based east of I-75 and thats fine I just need to recruit more people fromt the 12th. But Good post I like it.

and Rockcastle went to Somerset and beat them by 15. Rockcastle's biggest struggle this season has been consistency. They play like champions one game and then chumps the next. Against Somerset, (you can even ask Somerset fans) Rock played HORRIBLE.

After Monticello beat Southwestern, they attained a .500 record at 8-8. They have losses against Oldham County and McCreary Central!

Somerset's losses are to Casey County, North Laurel, Rockcastle and Letcher County Central. All 4 teams are top 30 in the State and SERIOUS contenders to win their region.

Anyway, I am not saying that Southwestern is bad. They are a good team. If we update this weekly, (which I plan to do, whenever it gets started), If Southwestern takes care of business against Wayne and Pulaski, I would move them into the top 20, probably.

I personally believe that the 12th Region might be on the the most competitive regions in the state. I could argue that if you take the top 5 teams from the 12th, they would have a winning record against probably ANY region. I could take Rockcastle, Lincoln, Casey, Southwestern, and Somerset and compete against anyone in the State. I believe that Rock, Lincoln and Casey can ALL be competitive if they got into the Sweet 16.

Just a little sidenote, Southwestern has scored more points than ANY 12th Region team. :rockon:
lwc Wrote:That sounds great! When everyone compiles their teams and we get them organized, I will start a new thread called "BGR Official Girls Basketball Top ____", PM you and ask you to sticky it. Sound cool?

sounds great how would we vote
lwc Wrote:and Rockcastle went to Somerset and beat them by 15. Rockcastle's biggest struggle this season has been consistency. They play like champions one game and then chumps the next. Against Somerset, (you can even ask Somerset fans) Rock played HORRIBLE.

After Monticello beat Southwestern, they attained a .500 record at 8-8. They have losses against Oldham County and McCreary Central!

Somerset's losses are to Casey County, North Laurel, Rockcastle and Letcher County Central. All 4 teams are top 30 in the State and SERIOUS contenders to win their region.

Anyway, I am not saying that Southwestern is bad. They are a good team. If we update this weekly, (which I plan to do, whenever it gets started), If Southwestern takes care of business against Wayne and Pulaski, I would move them into the top 20, probably.

I personally believe that the 12th Region might be on the the most competitive regions in the state. I could argue that if you take the top 5 teams from the 12th, they would have a winning record against probably ANY region. I could take Rockcastle, Lincoln, Casey, Southwestern, and Somerset and compete against anyone in the State. I believe that Rock, Lincoln and Casey can ALL be competitive if they got into the Sweet 16.

Just a little sidenote, Southwestern has scored more points than ANY 12th Region team. :rockon:

I was at the 1st Rock and Somerset game as I had went to exchange some film with coach Blanton. Rock and a 10 point lead with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Somerset made a 12-0 run and never looked back. Southwestern is starting 2 7th graders in Addison Corder and Destiny Molden. Both play like Sophmores they are going to be real good in a few years. But like I said I like what your doing here keep up the good work.
For everyone that reads this thread. Either make a top 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 list OR just post a few teams that you think are good OR make comments about my rankings whether good or bad. If you don't feel comfortable giving a list on here, PM me a list. Nobody will find out what you say.

I will compile what people post and message to me and have an official Top 20 by 5:00PM Wednesday. Myself, and others that I select will update it every week by the same time.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I was at the 1st Rock and Somerset game as I had went to exchange some film with coach Blanton. Rock and a 10 point lead with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Somerset made a 12-0 run and never looked back.

But like I said I like what your doing here keep up the good work.

You made my point about Rockcastle County's inconsistency for me. 10 point lead with the game almost in hand and they just lay down. They turn around and beat Somerset on the road by 15.

Rockcastle is a gambler's nightmare. They are so up and down that you can't gauge their team.

Also, thanks for the support.
1. Marion County
2. Manual
4. Mercy
5. Madison Central
6. Rockcastle County
7. Bullitt East
8. Sacred Heart
9. Bowling Green
10. Boone County
11. Elizabethtown
12. Clay County
13. Webster County
14. Lincoln County
15. Scott County
16. Franklin County
17. Butler
19. Murray
20.Letcher County Central
21. Henderson County
22. Paul L Dunbar
23. Letcher Central
24. Hancock County
25. South Laurel
in no particular order:

Somerset
Rock
Casey
South Laurel
North Laurel
Southwestern
Lincoln
Scott County
Butler
Marion County
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:1. Marion County
2. Manual
4. Mercy
5. Madison Central
6. Rockcastle County
7. Bullitt East
8. Sacred Heart
9. Bowling Green
10. Boone County
11. Elizabethtown
12. Clay County
13. Webster County
14. Lincoln County
15. Scott County
16. Franklin County
17. Butler
19. Murray
21. Henderson County
22. Paul L Dunbar
23. Letcher Central
24. Hancock County
25. South Laurel

Captain Backdoor Wrote:in no particular order:

Somerset
Rock
Casey
South Laurel
North Laurel
Southwestern
Lincoln
Scott County
Butler
Marion County

Thanks guys/girls!
Is there a boys top 20/25 as well?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Is there a boys top 20/25 as well?

Already in place.
10-10 good friend.
Marion
Scott Co
Rock
North Laurel
South Laurel
Letcher County Central
Rowan Co
Montgomery
Madison Central

Those are just a few, I'm not real sure on teams South and West of I-75
KoJack Wrote:Marion
Scott Co
Rock
North Laurel
South Laurel
Letcher County Central
Rowan Co
Montgomery
Madison Central

Those are just a few, I'm not real sure on teams South and West of I-75

thanks
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:1. Marion County
2. Manual
4. Mercy
5. Madison Central
6. Rockcastle County
7. Bullitt East
8. Sacred Heart
9. Bowling Green
10. Boone County
11. Elizabethtown
12. Clay County
13. Webster County
14. Lincoln County
15. Scott County
16. Franklin County
17. Butler
19. Murray
21. Henderson County
22. Paul L Dunbar
23. Letcher Central
24. Hancock County
25. South Laurel

Not trying to criticize or make-fun-of because this is a SERIOUS question:
Are the two bolded teams different?
I'm new to the site but here is my 2 cent's worth. I believe the 11th and 7th regions by far are the touhgest regions.That being said here is my top 20.
1. Marion
2. Manual
3. Bowling Green
4. Madison Central
5. Mercy
6. Lincoln Co.
7. Paul Dunbar
8. Webster Co.
9. Bullit East
10 Newport Catholic
11Boone Co.
12 Louisville Christian
13Rockcastle Co.
14Bryan Station
15Henderson Co.
16Elizabethtown
17Highlands
18Sacred Heart
19Scott Co.
20Franklin Co.
I believe you could choose between 15 teams for the next 5
I would throw Ashland Kittens out there. East Carter has the better overall record, but Ashland beat them by 6 in the head to head matchup, and Ashland was picked as the pre-season favorite in the 16th.

Due to games postponed by weather, Ashland has only played 10 games. Other than that, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be somewhere in the top 20.

Just my .02 worth.
Quote:Originally Posted by ROCKSOLID69
1. Marion County
2. Manual
4. Mercy
5. Madison Central
6. Rockcastle County
7. Bullitt East
8. Sacred Heart
9. Bowling Green
10. Boone County
11. Elizabethtown
12. Clay County
13. Webster County
14. Lincoln County
15. Scott County
16. Franklin County
17. Butler
19. Murray
21. Henderson County
22. Paul L Dunbar
23. Letcher Central
24. Hancock County
25. South Laurel
lwc Wrote:Not trying to criticize or make-fun-of because this is a SERIOUS question:
Are the two bolded teams different?

i ment to put Bryan station at #23
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:i ment to put Bryan station at #23

Okay, I recorded it.
Lexington Christian?

Sara Beth Barnett, Ms. Basketball Candidate avg. 26 PPG.

Watched them on Wazoo Sports, take down fellow Ms. Basketball Candidate in Slaughter of the Christian Academy of Louisville At CLA, by like 10 or so.
Manual is tough.

Pre-season #1 in the state.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Lexington Christian?

Sara Beth Barnett, Ms. Basketball Candidate avg. 26 PPG.

Watched them on Wazoo Sports, take down fellow Ms. Basketball Candidate in Slaughter of the Christian Academy of Louisville At CLA, by like 10 or so.
I know this thread is for the top teams but I have to add that my vote is for Barnett over Slaughter any day for Miss Basketball.
I would also think that Lexington Christian would also be on this list.