Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top PG's in the state
Who??
Justice (SV),Witaker(Hazard) ,and Cox (KCC),Noble(Breathitt) and Aimus(PCC) maybe not in that order but what i have seen "Justice" is the best and the rest is somewhere behind him!!
Louisville Area:

#1- T. Jackson- Jtown

Others
D. Thomas- Eastern
D. Corbett- Trinity
Z. McElwain- Seneca
S. Samsel- Manual
D. Hayes- Male
Top TRUE pg's around the state, in no particular order:

Thomas Jackson- J'town
Delquan Thomas- Eastern
Jordan Shanklin- Warren Central
Elisha Justice- Shelby Valley
Mike Gabbard- Boone Co
Jordan Gilbert- Mason Co
Anthony Hickey- Christian Co
D'Carlo Hayes- Male
Jaylen Beckham- Lexcath
Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley
Chad Jackson - Scott Co.
D'carlo Hayes - Male
Jaylen Beckham - Lexington Catholic
Thomas Jackson - Jeffersontown
Delquan Thomas - Eastern
Jordan Shanklin - Warren Central
Jarrod Polson - West Jessamine
Josh Forrest - Paducah Tilghman
kywldcat01 Wrote:Top TRUE pg's around the state, in no particular order:

Thomas Jackson- J'town
Delquan Thomas- Eastern
Jordan Shanklin- Warren Central
Elisha Justice- Shelby Valley
Mike Gabbard- Boone Co
Jordan Gilbert- Mason Co
Anthony Hickey- Christian Co
D'Carlo Hayes- Male
Jaylen Beckham- Lexcath

May end up being the best of this group before he graduates!
loubballfan Wrote:May end up being the best of this group before he graduates!

Yeah and probably the most highly recruited.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah and probably the most highly recruited.

loubballfan Wrote:May end up being the best of this group before he graduates!

Jaylen might be the best pg in the state right now as a sophomore. I'd say he's the most explosive of the group and he'll definetly be better than anyone else in the group by the time he's a senior.

Kid flat out has all the tools.
May be the quickest guard out there!
just throwing a name out...Kellen Smith of Scott High....i saw Jaylen Beckham play a few times and he is one special player
Csportsman11 Wrote:Justice (SV),Witaker(Hazard) ,and Cox (KCC),Noble(Breathitt) and Aimus(PCC) maybe not in that order but what i have seen "Justice" is the best and the rest is somewhere behind him!!
You need to get out of the mountains more!
the only one player ive seen in person that could b justice and he was pretty impressive great leader and plays both ends of the floor
Peacedomes85 Wrote:just throwing a name out...Kellen Smith of Scott High....i saw Jaylen Beckham play a few times and he is one special player

I agree he's a nice player!

Also, from the NKY area you have to include Pangallo from NCC and Popp from Boone
My money goes to Chad Jackson
brax childers
Probably not one of the best in the state, but Terrence Smith of Lewis County did as good a job as anyone at running an offense. He would be the best PG in the 16th if it weren't for his unfortunate car accident before the season.
jus thrownig in a name,Connor Jefferies
My pick would be Chad Jackson.
what about Cameron hall from Glasgow or however u spell it,, sorry,
Cameron Hall from Glascow is almost ungaurdable 1 on 1 and can shoot lights out. Will Skaggs from Ashland also very good at running the show.
Taylor Maze from Bath Co. deserves a mention. He can flat out score.
BJ Moore from Sheldon Clark! People will start hearing his name soon enough! I think that he is averaging about 25 and 7 a game! Best shooter that I've seen since Richie Farmer! This kid can play and if he was on a bigger stage everyone would know about him!
Carlisle Creech - Powell County
LClion4life Wrote:Taylor Maze from Bath Co. deserves a mention. He can flat out score.

That's not all that you want from a PG.
Stardust Wrote:My money goes to Chad Jackson

catsfan4ever Wrote:My pick would be Chad Jackson.

Chad did play point last year, but if you watch a Scott Co. game this year he never plays point. Guyn or Manning always play the point. Chad always plays the wing or around the post.
goodguy Wrote:Chad did play point last year, but if you watch a Scott Co. game this year he never plays point. Guyn or Manning always play the point. Chad always plays the wing or around the post.

Chad isn't SC's primary pg, but he has run the point some this year.
LClion4life Wrote:Taylor Maze from Bath Co. deserves a mention. He can flat out score.

I agree with PC You Know in that a point guard can have a major effect on his team without scoring much. Running the offense, defending, making the right decisions on the floor(don't take the open 3 when your up four with a minute to go), and most imprtantly, leading the team!

I was speaking to a college coach about point guard play and he said he looked for "how many turnovers does he average and does he do what he needs for his team to win!":Thumbs:
loubballfan Wrote:I agree with PC You Know in that a point guard can have a major effect on his team without scoring much. Running the offense, defending, making the right decisions on the floor(don't take the open 3 when your up four with a minute to go), and most imprtantly, leading the team!

I was speaking to a college coach about point guard play and he said he looked for "how many turnovers does he average and does he do what he needs for his team to win!":Thumbs:
Totally agree, as an example, Trinity had Harrison running point last year and he always looked for his shot first before passing or running the offense.

This year Corbett is running point and the team is performing a lot better than they were last year. Almost same team this year except for Little (graduated) and Harrison (transferred out). Corbett is more of a true point guard who's first priority is to get the ball to the open man and create offense for the team. Thus, Trinity is a top 5 team in the state.

Corbett may not score near as many points as Harrison but Trinity is winning! This is a good example of what a true point guard can do for a team when his priority is not getting his own points first.
goodguy Wrote:Totally agree, as an example, Trinity had Harrison running point last year and he always looked for his shot first before passing or running the offense.

This year Corbett is running point and the team is performing a lot better than they were last year. Almost same team this year except for Little (graduated) and Harrison (transferred out). Corbett is more of a true point guard who's first priority is to get the ball to the open man and create offense for the team. Thus, Trinity is a top 5 team in the state.

Corbett may not score near as many points as Harrison but Trinity is winning! This is a good example of what a true point guard can do for a team when his priority is not getting his own points first.

Great post. A PG is your floor general. I have seen Corbett play and he is one of the best PG in the state. Very underrated player.
goodguy Wrote:Totally agree, as an example, Trinity had Harrison running point last year and he always looked for his shot first before passing or running the offense.

:Thumbs: Good post everyone always looks at points a player puts up but for a point guard especially it is about way more than that