Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Carrol Interested in Seattle Seahawks Coaching Job
Saw on ESPN earlier that USC Trojan head coach Pete Carrol is interested in taking over the Seattle Seahawks after Jim Mora was released.
If he did take the job, I would consider going from USC to Seattle not a climb up the ladder.

Give me College egos to manage, over professional athletes any day.
I guess he wants to get out of dodge before the AX falls on his program and he gets 2 scholarships per year and 15 year probation!
Stardust Wrote:I guess he wants to get out of dodge before the AX falls on his program and he gets 2 scholarships per year and 15 year probation!
Brings up an interesting thought and makes one wonder. I would like to see the NCAA ban, follow the HC if he changes jobs also if the infractions were of his doing. Of course proving that is not always easy but far to often, one leaves a program in ruins and goes elsewhere.

If he does sign in Seattle to coach, he's got his work in front of him.
I think if he leaves USC, you will see USC hit HARD with NCAA sanctions. I believe that would be the ONLY reason he would leave.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Brings up an interesting thought and makes one wonder. I would like to see the NCAA ban, follow the HC if he changes jobs also if the infractions were of his doing. Of course proving that is not always easy but far to often, one leaves a program in ruins and goes elsewhere.

If he does sign in Seattle to coach, he's got his work in front of him.

NCAA hardly is ever able to put the blame on the coach. Too often the coach skates, the kids suffer, and the school gets stiffed with the bill.

The Eddie Sutton rule. Run from your job before the **** hits the fan and take a new job with no repurcussion for your actions!
Stardust Wrote:NCAA hardly is ever able to put the blame on the coach. Too often the coach skates, the kids suffer, and the school gets stiffed with the bill.

The Eddie Sutton rule. Run from your job before the **** hits the fan and take a new job with no repurcussion for your actions!
I think this is exactly what Carroll is doing. NCAA has a lot of pressure on it to punish USC and it must be around the corner.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I think this is exactly what Carroll is doing. NCAA has a lot of pressure on it to punish USC and it must be around the corner.

:Thumbs:
Carrol is also trying to take his current offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates along side him.
There is a long list of infractions, ones that Carroll are directly involved with, such as having professional (former NFL) advisors on the field with him which is a direct violation of school rules. There are others, you would have to search the internet. I know this one has been said. Because they are a private school, they are not subject to the open public records law, so you can't obtain all the sanctions that they have been informed of.