Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 62 Letcher Central 61
Final from Whitesburg.

Lions sneak by a last second shot by Combs to get the a much needed district win!
Good Win Cordia!
very good win for Cordia, what is wrong with Letcher? Coach Honeycutt is getting the most out of his Lions!
What in the world is going on with the Cougars?
congrats cordia....... wow is letcher really this bad? whats goin on with lcc
Patriot_Fan2180 Wrote:congrats cordia....... wow is letcher really this bad? whats goin on with lcc

LCC is a young team under a new coach so give the cougars some time and we'll be back but lets not take anything away from the Lions, Congrats Cordia. Matt Stacy lead the way with 24pts.
This was a great game to be at. Cordia had an 11pt lead with 2 minutes to go and let the cougars back in it, luckily they pulled it out.
Cordia tryed there best to give the game away but they play good exept for the last few minutes.
Congrats lions
Dang LCC.
Hopefully they can get better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Congrats Cordia
Congrats Cordia.
Small school Cordia puts up a good win over Letcher Central. Letcher IMO, like a lot of other team's trying to come up with some type of identity.
Looks as if it is going to be a battle for the 2 seed in this district.
Cordia needs to win out to get the second seed.
Bluecat Wrote:Looks as if it is going to be a battle for the 2 seed in this district.

Between JBS and Cordia.
Not try to dis Cordia, but wow what happen to Letcher Central they really drop off the map after the Harlan Co tourment. That order be pretty interesting race for the #2 seed in he district.
Cordia beat them without Roscoe Montgomery too, maybe there best player and defintely there most athletic.
Come on lcc
Congrats !!! Nice win for Cordia !!
Great win for Cordia! Who all did Letcher lose from last years team? I never imagined that the Cougars would be down as much as they are this year!
Banks, Blair, and Profit. ^^
Aslan Wrote:Banks, Blair, and Profit. ^^

Thanks for the info! I still can't believe that they're playing the way they are, they're better than that aren't they?
leecoukfan Wrote:Thanks for the info! I still can't believe that they're playing the way they are, they're better than that aren't they?

From what I've seen no. They have talent though, I'm guessing there a young team.
Cordia didn't even have there best player.
LCC seems to be down pretty bad this year. Congrats Cordia!
Aslan Wrote:From what I've seen no. They have talent though, I'm guessing there a young team.
Cordia didn't even have there best player.

Yeah, i know thats whats so amazing because Cordia was somehow able to pull off the win without Montgomery. Thats too bad that he's hurt though, Roscoe is a good guy, i would have liked to see how the Lions would have done with him playing in this one!
Yeah, Roscoe is pretty cool.
Hopefully LCC will gel as a team soon.

Their starting lineup was this for the Cordia game?

Cole Cornett
- senior, started most of last season

Brian Roark - junior
, minimal playing time last season

Logan Johnson - sophomore , saw significant playing time last season

Trenton Whitaker - sophomore, came off the bench on the JV most of last year

Koree Stewart - sophomore, started JV last season, quit at the start of this season, was reinstated after Christmas, saw first start of season against Cordia

They also have a new Coach with a new system. Give them more time and they may surprise some people. There is still a long time left in the regular season.
Congrats Lions on the big district win.
Congrats to HKutt and the Lions on a good district win. With Martin Combs getting back into game shape and if the lions can cut down on their turnovers, they are capable of playing with anyone in the 14th on a given night. The matchup I would like to watch would be Buckhorn and the Lions. Hope Roscue recovers from his ankle injure soon.