Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 56 - Buckhorn 47
congrats pcc
Congrats PCC
Buckhorn could be a favorite next year.
Aslan Wrote:Buckhorn could be a favorite next year.

I highly doubt it they lose Stidham and Colwell and we all know Day doesnt show up for the big games. He went and hid last night. Thought he was gonna start crying at some points in the game.
king360 Wrote:What grade is Scottie Blank in?

He is a sophomore, just like 90% of Buckhorn's team.
Aslan Wrote:I would rank the Horn 3rd or 4th in the region. I've not seen Breathitt play yet, but I would imagine them to be about even. Well know more when they play each other and Perry/Knott. This is a rivarly game, it was going to be close no matter what. Look at the UL/UK game today.

I've seen Breathitt play a couple times this yr. and I think the horn will beat them by a lease 10 Day runs the floor to well for Moore to keep up and they play under control more than Breathitt. Coach Noble for Buckhorn controls the temp. then the horn win's both games.
king360 Wrote:Day and Colwell have some bad attitudes and Day is a dirty player. But I don't think Perry should have won this game as bad as they played, that T on Buckhorns coach was bogus too.

You have to be kidding on part of this statement. Yes I can see the bad attitude that Day has and the cockiness he shows to his fans. But I have never ever witness a bad attitude from Colwell. He would have to be one of the most layed back players I have ever watched on the hardwood.:ChairHit:
Oh maybe you didnt get enough footage to observe. Try again next time.
Gibberish Wrote:I highly doubt it they lose Stidham and Colwell and we all know Day doesnt show up for the big games. He went and hid last night. Thought he was gonna start crying at some points in the game.

best post yet. the day part.
Hate that I had to miss the game, but I did get to listen to it. The radio kept talking about thrown elbows by Perry that was no calls. I am sure there were no calls on both sides. You cannot tell me that there are no bad attitudes on the Perry side. I agree with 14thfan,Matt may be cocky and that may present a bit of an attitude but he is a sophomore and will become more mature as he gets older. As for Dustin, NO WAY he has an attitude. This is a great kid. I will say Congrats to Perry though on winning a hard fought game. These are two great teams within the 14th. I can see either one of them making a long run come tournament time. Should be fun come district time. I really hope they don't draw each other in the district.
Bluecat Wrote:Hate that I had to miss the game, but I did get to listen to it. The radio kept talking about thrown elbows by Perry that was no calls. I am sure there were no calls on both sides. You cannot tell me that there are no bad attitudes on the Perry side. I agree with 14thfan,Matt may be cocky and that may present a bit of an attitude but he is a sophomore and will become more mature as he gets older. As for Dustin, NO WAY he has an attitude. This is a great kid. I will say Congrats to Perry though on winning a hard fought game. These are two great teams within the 14th. I can see either one of them making a long run come tournament time. Should be fun come district time. I really hope they don't draw each other in the district.

He was probably the one they were talking about throwing elbows. I saw him throw about 4 and not get called for it.
No, as a matter of fact the announcer clearly stated the players' names that threw the elbows and they did play for Perry. Again, I was not at this game. I am only going by what the announcers said. Plus, I may not have stated it clearly, but I am sure the refs missed calls on both ends. I am also sure that there are attitudes on both sides as these are just kids. I just don't think it is fair to try and down one team when both sides are guilty of it.
I hope Perry and Buckhorn don't draw each other 1st round either. Hopefully we get Hazard.
Bluecat Wrote:No, as a matter of fact the announcer clearly stated the players' names that threw the elbows and they did play for Perry. Again, I was not at this game. I am only going by what the announcers said. Plus, I may not have stated it clearly, but I am sure the refs missed calls on both ends. I am also sure that there are attitudes on both sides as these are just kids. I just don't think it is fair to try and down one team when both sides are guilty of it.

Well that announcer is blind if he didn't see any Buckhorn players do it. I know Corey Martin is big and it's hard to move the guy, but that's no reason to throw elbows.
P.C.C narrowly escape Buckhorn, Wildcats lead for most of the game until late in third. This game was really close, P.C.C and Hazard better watch out com district ttime.
I want to say a few things:

1. Tyler Mullins 2 very awesome dunks. Matt Day wouldnt guard you he wanted to play the three point lane than inside the paint. Big Mistake for coach Noble not to regroup and put him in his place. (clearly you werent being guarded)

2. Tyler Mullins, def the one throwing the elbows.

3. Eric Stidham elbowed to the nose, leaving game for several crucial minutes after sustaining a elbow to the nose and NO call.

4. Colwell coming back after a month off, a lil rusty but played without the attitude he has been accused off. Alot of tempers fly but have never seen it from this player.

5. Corey Martin played great.

6. Chris Noble clearly got caught early and hampered his playing time.

7. John Noble got T'd up for alot less than Hatcher was behaving.

8. Flinchum almost got whooped by a Chris Nobles papaw... and Why? He called for PCC. LOL.

9. Announcers saw MORE than the Ref's thats for sure.

10. Buckhorn will beat PCC if Coach Noble gets Matt Day down a few notches and Colwell is back to himself.
14thfan Wrote:I want to say a few things:

1. Tyler Mullins 2 very awesome dunks. Matt Day wouldnt guard you he wanted to play the three point lane than inside the paint. Big Mistake for coach Noble not to regroup and put him in his place. (clearly you werent being guarded)

3. Eric Stidham elbowed to the nose, leaving game for several crucial minutes after sustaining a elbow to the nose and NO call.

4. Colwell coming back after a month off, a lil rusty but played without the attitude he has been accused off. Alot of tempers fly but have never seen it from this player.

8. Flinchum almost got whooped by a Chris Nobles papaw... and Why? He called for PCC. LOL.

10. Buckhorn will beat PCC if Coach Noble gets Matt Day down a few notches and Colwell is back to himself.

To number 8, LOL.

Tyler definitely played better than Day, Day is more of an offensive player and doesn't like to mix it up on defense unless he is guarding someone shorter than him and he can block a shot,

and as for the refs not seeing stuff, very surprised it wasn't called differently, Cook and Hatcher have had words ever since he has been in the region, but looked like he was trying to get a better rating from him this year, and as for Flinchum, Coach Noble had a big hand(since he is in charge of it all) in sending him to the All A tourney this year in Richmond as the 14th region representative, (seriously, are you kidding me, talk about an embarassment to the rest of the guys, he don't even get to call regional tourneys does he?) He calls just about every game Buckhorn plays, couldn't believe some of the things that were not called, yes some double fouls were called, but when people are getting hit in the nose and not by accident, something else should be done. I know the game was at Perry, but goodness someone is going to get really hurt if things don't change.
I wish I would've seen this Game, Can't wait to see a rematch!

Well obviously no one we have played so far plays defense because he does it all the time. And some of these statements you just made are rediculous.
Martin was big for PCC. Buckhorn really had no answer for him. He was a huge part for Perry's win. Losing Stidham late in the 3rd was the turning point in the game. Once he left it seemed the air went out of Buckhorn's offense. This was Colwell's first game back for Buckhorn. Once he gets a few more games under him Buckhorn will be tougher. I will agree that Day needs to get a little stronger and play more on the inside, but hopefully toughness will come as he gets older. I have all the respect in the world in Perry. I think they are the favorite to win this region. Obviously I'm a Buckhorn fan, but I truly believe they are capable of winning the region.
Bluecat Wrote:Martin was big for PCC. Buckhorn really had no answer for him. He was a huge part for Perry's win. Losing Stidham late in the 3rd was the turning point in the game. Once he left it seemed the air went out of Buckhorn's offense. This was Colwell's first game back for Buckhorn. Once he gets a few more games under him Buckhorn will be tougher. I will agree that Day needs to get a little stronger and play more on the inside, but hopefully toughness will come as he gets older. I have all the respect in the world in Perry. I think they are the favorite to win this region. Obviously I'm a Buckhorn fan, but I truly believe they are capable of winning the region.

If Perry don't win region I'd love to see Buckhorn win it. :thumpsup:
Possible to see these two teams play again this week. If both win, or lose (I hope don't happen) in the 1st round of the WYMT they'll meet again. That would be another great game!