Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layfayette 82 - Knox Central 54
The men from one of the largest high schools in KY and home of Olympic champion runner Tyson Gay can play some serious basketball. They continued their undefeated season by pummelling us last night. Our defense was about as intense a fat dad taking a Sunday nap after chicken. Miller had moments of brilliance as usual but as a team they all just seem to lack energy. #24 (sorry can't recall name) pulled off one of the sweetest one hand alley oop dunks I have ever seen at any level. :Cheerlead: His guard tossed the ball over Knox defender and he caught it about a foot above and a foot behind the rim then slammed it down - hanging one handed on the rim and swinging around to miss the defender after he dunked it... sort of like I used to never to when I was in high school :eyeroll:

Congrats to Laf. I will be sorely surprised if you don't win this Gateway Holiday Classic and enjoy the short ride home from Mt. Sterling, KY to Lexington! For details visit http://www.gatewayholidayclassic.com
Impressive win for Lafayette as they continue their undefeated opening to the season
Congrats to Lafayette! I hope Breathitt can do a better job against this team!
Best wishes to any team that plays this bunch. The are fast and have shooters that hit from many ranges. They start a 6'7" eight grader that not only stars in the dunking show pre-game - but can play. He is surrounded by a cast that plays unselfishly with style and class. Tough show for sho.