Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA State Baseball Trivia
Since the KHSAA State Baseball Tournament has been played, from a Final Four format to currently 8 teams, only 2 Schools have won the State Title in their only appearance in the KHSAA State Baseball Tournament.

Can you name the (2) Schools who won the KHSAA State Baseball tournament in their one and only appearance, plus name the year.
I pretty sure LCA in 2005 was probably one. I would be guessing at the other, but will say CovCath like 02 or 03?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I pretty sure LCA in 2005 was probably one. I would be guessing at the other, but will say CovCath like 02 or 03?
LCA in '05 is correct.
Here is the other school:

East Carter in '84
There were only 4 teams advanced to the State Tournament in '84, correct?
I was under the impression from the wording, that you were asking for 2 schools since they began having 8 advance to state.
Maybe I just misinterpreted the wording.

Nice topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What school has the most State Tournament appearances?

Which 2 schools have the most State Titles?
Augie Garrido Wrote:Here is the other school:

East Carter in '84

Let's add some trivia to the trivia.

Where was the state title game played that year?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Let's add some trivia to the trivia.

Where was the state title game played that year?
Johnson Central and East Carter defeated Harrison County 10-9.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Johnson Central and East Carter defeated Harrison County 10-9.

Wow, it took two teams to be Harrison Co. that year :biggrin:
Augie Garrido Wrote:What school has the most State Tournament appearances?

Which 2 schools have the most State Titles?

Owensboro- I know they got like 4-5 in the late 60's-70's and think they got 1 in the 80's.
Other guess, might as well say PRP. 4 that I know of jus since '94.

Completely forgot that appearances question....Ashland? They have made it a ton of times, but dont know many they won except for the 3-peat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Owensboro- I know they got like 4-5 in the late 60's-70's and think they got 1 in the 80's.
Other guess, might as well say PRP. 4 that I know of jus since '94.
PRP has 4 titles but Owensboro is correct and they have 6 State Titles.

Who is the other team with 6 wins.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Completely forgot that appearances question....Ashland? They have made it a ton of times, but dont know many they won except for the 3-peat.
Ashland has been 16 times but another teams has been 22 times.
Augie Garrido Wrote:PRP has 4 titles but Owensboro is correct and they have 6 State Titles.

No clue here, lol. Lafayette is only other idea I have. Possibly St X, jus being the only other Louisville team I have heard of being dominant at one time besides PRP, and that was in the 50's I think. So really no idea how many they won.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Augie Garrido Wrote:Ashland has been 16 times but another teams has been 22 times.

Owensboro
Augie Garrido Wrote:PRP has 4 titles but Owensboro is correct and they have 6 State Titles.

Manual
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Owensboro

Mr.Kimball Wrote:Manual
Correct on both.

Name the school to only have (2) State Tournament appearances total but won the Title each time.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Correct on both.

Name the school to only have (2) State Tournament appearances total but won the Title each time.

Dunbar

Ouch!!! One of those still hurts like the dickens.
Name the school with the most State Tournament appearances (8), that has never won a game.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Name the school with the most State Tournament appearances (8), that has never won a game.

Middlesboro
Name the Pitcher who won both the Semi finals and State Championship game, for his team. He pitched 7 in the Semi's, came in relief and pitched 4 innings the next day in the Championship.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Name the Pitcher who won both the Semi finals and State Championship game, for his team. He pitched 7 in the Semi's, came in relief and pitched 4 innings the next day in the Championship.

Lets see Augie, this one's a little tougher. Had to have been before the current pitching rules came into effect.

In 2004 Anthony Stacy of Christian Co. pitched 6 innings in the Qfinals against North Hardin and then came back in the finals against Lafayette and went all 7. He got both wins that year.

I'll have to ponder on that one a little more.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Lets see Augie, this one's a little tougher. Had to have been before the current pitching rules came into effect.

In 2004 Anthony Stacy of Christian Co. pitched 6 innings in the Qfinals against North Hardin and then came back in the finals against Lafayette and went all 7. He got both wins that year.

I'll have to ponder on that one a little more.
Here's a hint, he played at a Lexington school.
Tony Mack - Lexington Tates Creek in '78. He was later drafted by the Angels.