Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 66 - Lawrence County 58
Speak on old school
"Batpuff" Wrote:To start with JohnsonCountyJoe Lawrence co doesnt even get breaks when they play at home. We have always got the short end of the stick,

Ah, boohoo for LC. It's the WORLD v/s Lawrence County!!! The KHSAA has a secret plot out to destroy the Bulldogs!!!

Give me a break and get over it, the Dawgs lost to a better team...PERIOD.
How can anyone say Shawn Thompson has a bad attitude, first of all I would know better than anyone, and second of all the kid loves the game of basketball. you could ask anyone person from LC and they would tell you he is the one that gets the team movitated. The DAWGS played a great game last night and glad they play as a team. They don't have one person that stands on the 3 point line all night waiting on the ball. They work hard for the shot the way a game should be played.
I never said that they didnt lose to the better team that night, I wasnt the one who brought up that the officals decided the game, and was not the one who said that we have home cooking going on at home. So were was everyone at saying Lawrence Co was the better team Last friday night when they won. Maybe last nights win was just a fluke for Paintsville if your going to put it that way.
Batpuff are you sure you didn't bring up the officials? May want to retract that statement, because here's the proof you did.

"Batpuff" Wrote:There is one thing, the officals were the worst i have ever seen. I have watched basketball at alot of different schools, and by far that was the worst i have ever seen,. We always got the saft at ashland ( not knocking Ashland) and i always thought that there was no place that could be worse than ashland and now i have found it and it is in the form of Paintsville. All I can say is when you come to paintsville you are down 10 pts before you step on the floor.

Confusederved:
Get over it jcj, because if i want to talk about how bad the officals are i will, if you dont like it dont post in this thread. This thread was perfectly fine until you started with your stuff so you may need to watch what is being said.
good win tigers. this makes me think the 57th district tourneys gonna be a good one to watch
Great game Paintsville.
The refs were terrible against both teams. They were inconsistent and called two T's that was rediculous.

It really looks like to win the district this year, you will have to win all your home games and then pick up at least one victory on the road. Right now it looks like all 5 teams in the 57th are pretty evenly matched. That's not to say that a team won't surge ahead of the others.

Congrats to PHS for a hard fought win. It was great game to watch.

Good luck to LC. You'll win a bunch of games. You've got a very good player in Thompson and a bunch of others that hustle and can hit the open shot.
Geez! Everyone dumps on the refs. I was at that game and didn't care who won. I wanted to see Lawrence County for the first time. The refs did a fine job the entire game. I will concede that one ref made a few touch calls late in the game. But the game as a whole was very well officiated.

Both technical fouls were legitimate. I agree that #11's 4th foul was a weak call. But he threw both arms wide open in disgust and stared at the ref. Then he turned and it looked to me like he said, "That's Bull ____!" Folks, that's a "T" every time.

The refs had ZERO effect on the outcome of this game - ZERO!

I went to the game secretly hoping to find that Landon Slone was overrated. He's not! His points came in the flow of the game. He did not hog the ball. He didn't shoot too many shots. He only took several shots in a row in the 3rd quarter when he was on fire! The rest of the game he simply took what came to him. And he rebounded like crazy - especially in the first half. I have to admit he is the real deal.

#11 for LC is a great player, too. I think he single-handedly kept the Bulldogs in the game. In fact, if he hadn't missed as many point-blank shots as he did, they may have beaten Paintsville again. He's definitely a player to watch out for. It will be interesting to see how he plays against teams who have strong inside players.
To start with the boy may play with passion, but one thing is for sure you will never here that kid say the first curse word. and if you want to know he was telling his team mate some instruction. yea he probably did throw his arms up. like i said earlier he had been pile driven into the floor on a couple of occasions and then he went for the steal and barley even touched him and they call a foul, the officals were horrible all night on both sides.
I've played, seen and officiated many baseball, basketball and football games. I've seen many refs, players, coaches, parents and fans that don't know or understand the rules, but I have never seen one ref/umpire blatantly cheat or be against one team or the other. Take it for what it is, even at the best levels (NBA, MLB, NFL) they make mistakes, so what do you expect at the lowest levels. Inconsistent refs/umpires aren't cheating, they are just bad.