Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressive playoff stat.
Class A State Champs Newport Catholic's points per game through the playoffs...42.6

Even more impressive, Points against....8.8. And that was against some pretty strong running attacks.

:dance:
That really is impressive. Not to mention even the championship game was 42-7 if I recall correctly
Yes it was and the last drive, which is where the 7 came from, was against the second string and it was not easy, it was a long drive that took up 3-4 minutes. It was fun getting everyone in the game including some seniors and some kids who had some injuries during the year and were only able to get in for a play or two in the finals!
The championship game was the most impressive.

I am under the impression that the west wasn't as bad as that game showed. But NCC was truly ready to put the smack down on them (so--even if Mayfield would have been a little more prepared--I still think that NCC wins).

After seeing Mayfield against Bardstown--I thought that they could hang around for a while--either way--it didn't matter.

NCC had a great game plan--and took advantage of every opportunity.
Those are VERY impressive stats, and the fact that NCC put up those numbers against strong teams like Bellevue, Somerset, LCA and Mayfield shows how impressive they really are.
Another interesting stat about the Class A playoffs, Bellevue's 49 to 23 win over Raceland was the only game that saw a road team win in the class a playoffs.
Thats pretty impressive.