Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Carter 50 Greenup County 41
final
Congrats EC
Good win for the Raiders who is still playing their 4th game without one of the starters who is recovering from an ankle injury.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:final

East and Greenup score was actually 50-40.
i just went by what greenup's radio crew said 9-10 point win 1 point doesn't make much difference in a game that's of hand anyway
It seemed that Greenup had 10 walks in the first half. They gave good effort and never gave up but the walks killed them. IMO the Musketeers were the much better team. Stick shots and quit with the stupid turnovers. Their offense works and has no problem, they break the press excellent, they have good D. TURNOVERS KILLS..
thelegend Wrote:It seemed that Greenup had 10 walks in the first half. They gave good effort and never gave up but the walks killed them. IMO the Musketeers were the much better team. Stick shots and quit with the stupid turnovers. Their offense works and has no problem, they break the press excellent, they have good D. TURNOVERS KILLS..

This was an 18-20 point game for much of the 3rd quarter. East couldn't make their free throws down the stretch 7-24 the 4th quarter or this game would have been a 20 + point game. East is obviously the better team as their record indicates. GC has individual talent on the court, but that doesn't equate to a better TEAM!
good win for East Carter. But i agree with the legend. Once Greenup county cut down on the turnovers. In the second half, the musketeers cut down a 16 point half time lead to 10 at the end of the third. IMO I think Greenup might have the better chance to win the game vs. east at home. Also i think that this proves greenup may be a little underated if they only lost by 10 to the number 1 team in the region.
Future HOF'er Wrote:This was an 18-20 point game for much of the 3rd quarter. East couldn't make their free throws down the stretch 7-24 the 4th quarter or this game would have been a 20 + point game. East is obviously the better team as their record indicates. GC has individual talent on the court, but that doesn't equate to a better TEAM!

:Thumbs: Good point. The reason it was a 18-20 point game was because of TURNOVERS by Greenup County. That gave East 20+ points. Greenup outscored East the 3rd and 4th quarter and didn't have as many turnovers as they did in the first half. East isnt as GREAT as everyone is putting them. They didn't impress me. The Musketeers wouldnt of had to foul as much in the 4th in they didn't turn the ball over. Record doesn't mean anything. It all matters tournament time.
East Carters style of play (turning the flex over, and over, and over...) will keep inferior talent in the game. Not that GC has inferior talent; just simply stating that EC will blow very few people out. That being said, it's hard for me to believe that GC's offense "works" when you score 40 points. My money is that East advances farther in March than GC; we'll see who is impressed then!
HD28 Wrote:East Carters style of play (turning the flex over, and over, and over...) will keep inferior talent in the game. Not that GC has inferior talent; just simply stating that EC will blow very few people out. That being said, it's hard for me to believe that GC's offense "works" when you score 40 points. My money is that East advances farther in March than GC; we'll see who is impressed then!

Once again, TURNOVERS makes the offense not work. 14 turnovers is 28 points or more wasted and also gives the other opponent that many chances to score. There offense works but the turnovers and walks kills it. How can you run an offense if you walk on handoffs, dribble off your foot and have 5-6 charges a night. How hard is that to fix? The kids are scared of Fraley and what he'll say to them. It's actually funny to watch.. Whenever you have a chance to watch them. After every single play everyones eyes get big and wonders what his reaction will be. Who cares? Play ball. Quit being nervous about Fraley.
With Greenups talent, they need to just go put and play. Instead of worrying about Fraleys actions and making a mistake. Just go out and show your game. I've even asked the kids why they won't play and they tell me they're nervous or don't wanna do anything wrong.
thelegend Wrote:Once again, TURNOVERS makes the offense not work. 14 turnovers is 28 points or more wasted and also gives the other opponent that many chances to score. There offense works but the turnovers and walks kills it. How can you run an offense if you walk on handoffs, dribble off your foot and have 5-6 charges a night. How hard is that to fix? The kids are scared of Fraley and what he'll say to them. It's actually funny to watch.. Whenever you have a chance to watch them. After every single play everyones eyes get big and wonders what his reaction will be. Who cares? Play ball. Quit being nervous about Fraley.

1.)Your position is misleading in that it is based on the offense making every shot.

2.) Sounds like your "talent" needs work.
[quote=thelegend]With Greenups talent, they need to just go put and play. Instead of worrying about Fraleys actions and making a mistake. Just go out and show your game. I've even asked the kids why they won't play and they tell me they're nervous or don't wanna do anything wrong.[/QU

What a bunch of babies. THose kids at Greenup need to grow up and play ball.
THose nice young Christian boys didnt have any problems performing for Fraley. Its time for no more excuses at Greenup. Play or go home and let mommy and daddy pet on those sweeties some more.
Good thing they dont play at Ashland. Biggs would scare those kids to death hahaha
[/QUOTE]What a bunch of babies. THose kids at Greenup need to grow up and play ball.
THose nice young Christian boys didnt have any problems performing for Fraley. Its time for no more excuses at Greenup. Play or go home and let mommy and daddy pet on those sweeties some more.
Good thing they dont play at Ashland. Biggs would scare those kids to death hahaha[/QUOTE]

Those "Christian Boys" got Fraley in trouble and also the parents caused trouble. They had two D1 prospects that lead the team. Biggs is a more calm then Fraley is. I'm pretty sure the kids wouldnt be afraid of him. Confusedhh:

Anyways, Greenup will develop into a great team IMO. There isnt any doubt in my mind. The just played the #1 team in the region and everyone expected them to lose by 40. They need to get things done. They're running out of time.
Williams is D1 for sure. MSU Marshall and Ohio University have been to see him already this year. Linthicum Stevenson and Hampton are all college players supposedly. Time to put your big boy panties on at GC and live up to expectations Smile
IM with you Legend I also think they will get it together and be a very good team before the seasons over.

You should set behind Biggs bench. Those boys take a terrible cussing!
jakelegg Wrote:Williams is D1 for sure. MSU Marshall and Ohio University have been to see him already this year. Linthicum Stevenson and Hampton are all college players supposedly. Time to put your big boy panties on at GC and live up to expectations Smile
IM with you Legend I also think they will get it together and be a very good team before the seasons over.

Williams hasn't showed that he's a D1 player yet. He does have potential to be. Linthicum played good at East and showed some really athletic plays. I knew he could always jump but when I seen him jumping higher than Barnhill and shooting over him I was impressed. Stephenson will need to learn more post moves and rebound the ball more. He has potential to be good. But him and Linthicum are only Sophomores I think so they'll develop. Hampton is a big iside player thats strong and physical. The only problem with him going to a D1 college is that he's not tall enough. There's nothing you can do about that though.

Thank you. They will get it together. Cutting the turnovers is the #1 thing.
would have been a great game
thelegend Wrote:Williams hasn't showed that he's a D1 player yet. He does have potential to be. Linthicum played good at East and showed some really athletic plays. I knew he could always jump but when I seen him jumping higher than Barnhill and shooting over him I was impressed. Stephenson will need to learn more post moves and rebound the ball more. He has potential to be good. But him and Linthicum are only Sophomores I think so they'll develop. Hampton is a big iside player thats strong and physical. The only problem with him going to a D1 college is that he's not tall enough. There's nothing you can do about that though.

Thank you. They will get it together. Cutting the turnovers is the #1 thing.

I've seen both Marshall and Morehead play this season, and quite honestly, Williams isn't that caliber of player IMO. I'm sure I'll get lambasted over that one, but he has a looooooooong way to go to reach that level. I think he is a talent that could play at the collegiate level, but not at that level. Each and every kid on those rosters dominated at the high school level. Not just participated because of their length. Dominated. Williams is unable to do that in one of the sorriest regions in our great state. He's a solid player, but the hype is way overblown in my opinion. People throw around D1 like it's common or easy. Simply not true.

Hammer away.:ChairHit:
OU812 Wrote:I've seen both Marshall and Morehead play this season, and quite honestly, Williams isn't that caliber of player IMO. I'm sure I'll get lambasted over that one, but he has a looooooooong way to go to reach that level. I think he is a talent that could play at the collegiate level, but not at that level. Each and every kid on those rosters dominated at the high school level. Not just participated because of their length. Dominated. Williams is unable to do that in one of the sorriest regions in our great state. He's a solid player, but the hype is way overblown in my opinion. People throw around D1 like it's common or easy. Simply not true.

Hammer away.:ChairHit:

So Im confused: Does GC have talent and Fraley holds them back or do they not the talent at the school. Ive seen it posted that this junior class should be dominating this region. Supposed to be one of the best classes in schools history?????
jakelegg Wrote:So Im confused: Does GC have talent and Fraley holds them back or do they not the talent at the school. Ive seen it posted that this junior class should be dominating this region. Supposed to be one of the best classes in schools history?????

Never heard me say that. And I kinda doubt they have the talent that the little General had throughout the years. They are average, IMO. Folks put way too much stock in the fact that they have some kids who are long. That's about as far as it goes. I will say that they have alot of upside however.
Congrats East Carter! Are they one of the best teams in their region?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Congrats East Carter! Are they one of the best teams in their region?

They are ranked #1 in the 16th region.
jakelegg Wrote:Williams is D1 for sure. MSU Marshall and Ohio University have been to see him already this year. Linthicum Stevenson and Hampton are all college players supposedly. Time to put your big boy panties on at GC and live up to expectations Smile

Linthicum would have the best chance to develop as a complete player, Div 1,not so sure,look at the kids Elliott Co had and where they are playing. Is Timmy Knipp Div 1 material? I seen him destroy the players mentioned from GC on more than one occassion.
I agree saying a player is D1 is thrown around way too much in all sports in our area. Just look at the number of kids in the past that have gone on to play D1 in any sport from our area. Not many. Now, with that being said there are places for players in our area to play at the next level.
congrats EC