Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 75 -- Betsy Layne 48
This one was not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the getgo p-burg was on top and never looked back
I think the final score was

P-burg- 75
BL- 47

Good win for the Blackcats tonight, they finally played like everyone knows they can.
this game was not even close i could not believe that this game got this out of hand!!!!!!!!! p-burg just came out ready to play and Betsey Layne didn't
I was impressed by P-burg's big guys tonight. Chaffin had 10 in the first quarter and I think he had a double double.
I think that the player that makes things happen on the team is michael s .

he had a double double also ...
There are no other words for this game expect "domination!" Prestonsburg came out and suprised everyone.. who knows what could happen next!!
"Nothin But Net" Wrote:I think that the player that makes things happen on the team is michael s .

he had a double double also ...

PDT_003
Congrats to Pburg, Glad someone brought BL back to earth
This was a game that p-burg needed ............
Really suprises me here.....Pburg must have stepped it up a lot after losing 4 straight and pulling it out against Pikeville...CONGRATS!!!
NO EXCUSE for Prestonsburg to lose a district game from here on out. They have proven that they can play, so let's see if we can see some consistancy. wav.gif
this team can be great and know that kizer is out the region is open to anyone........
Way to go Blackcats!!!!!!!! Congrats!!
Congrats to Pburg.
"Nothin But Net" Wrote:this team can be great and know that kizer is out the region is open to anyone........
Wouldn't be so sure about that...closer IMO but not open yet....Valley is still REALLY good!!!
Great job Blackcats!
I think Valley is better when they don't have Kiser. He just brought the team down to begin with. I think this makes Valley an even bigger contender in the region. Didn't expect Prestonsburg to win this one or especially by this big of a margin. Hopefully they have turned things around and got their heads on straight. Congrats cats.
I was really impressed by Prestonsburg!
Welcome to the site gb. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You know how to get ahold of me. Big Grin
First of all, Congrats on a big win. But, secondly, can anyone explain why P-burg is playing inconsistently, as is everyone in the 15th region right now?

P-burg suffered a major loss to Greenup Co., beaten by 30 pts. (101-71). But then like a week and a half later, they beat Greenup (in their own tournament I might add) by 11. I have seen Greenup, and they can really shoot the ball. And now, they have barely escaped the clutches of Pikeville?

What seems to be the problem with the teams in this region right now?
Betsy Layne in my opinion is one of the better teams in the region. But their playing style is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Good on one night and mediocre the next. I feel that they'll get back on track after this loss and get geared up for the All A. Big Grin

-UnFaZeD
"dominator05" Wrote:First of all, Congrats on a big win. But, secondly, can anyone explain why P-burg is playing inconsistently, as is everyone in the 15th region right now?

P-burg suffered a major loss to Greenup Co., beaten by 30 pts. (101-71). But then like a week and a half later, they beat Greenup (in their own tournament I might add) by 11. I have seen Greenup, and they can really shoot the ball. And now, they have barely escaped the clutches of Pikeville?

IMO Prestonsburg has problems when they get caught trying to play the other teams game. The Blackcats do not have a consistant outside shooter. So therefore they need to push the ball up and down the floor and attack the rim. They have enough people that can play, that they can run people to death, and they are all so athletic they can match up with anyone in the region man to man. As long as Prestonsbur shoots inside out, they are VERY tough to beat. But when they start living by the three, they get in trouble because to be quite frank, they don't posses the shooters to play that style.
Good post
"gish" Wrote:
"dominator05" Wrote:First of all, Congrats on a big win. But, secondly, can anyone explain why P-burg is playing inconsistently, as is everyone in the 15th region right now?

IMO Prestonsburg has problems when they get caught trying to play the other teams game. The Blackcats do not have a consistant outside shooter. So therefore they need to push the ball up and down the floor and attack the rim. They have enough people that can play, that they can run people to death, and they are all so athletic they can match up with anyone in the region man to man. As long as Prestonsbur shoots inside out, they are VERY tough to beat. But when they start living by the three, they get in trouble because to be quite frank, they don't posses the shooters to play that style.
I agree 100% Gish. Good post.
P-burg can beat any team in the 15th if they really want to. They have the talent to and on some nights they have the desire to, and it shows. There was no desire to win against SC, SF or Pikeville and they still almost found a way to win against SC and SF. IMO I cant see any team stopping Pburg if they play the way they did agaisnt BL, it was like watching a machine play basketball, BL used every defense and every offense they had and could never make a run or stop pburg's offense. Pburgs defense held Simon to 11 points, the same player who scored 46 against SF. With this Pburg team it's all about the heart and desire to play hard, because if they play hard then they will win.
I am a big HS basketball fan and have watched many teams in the 14, 15, 16 Regions and I agree Pburg can play with and beat any of them. Played a great game against BL and a really good second half against SF. Held Raiders to 10 points in third quarter. They have a good package with inside, outside and bench play. This team looks better in an up tempo game but I think their success relys on their inside game. When their big men play to their potential Pburg will be hard to beat. Their problem appears to be focus. No focus against Greenup 1, SC, 1st half SF or Pikeville. They need to play every night with the focus and passion the played with against BL.
Congrats to Pburg (my alma mater)
Best of luck on the rest of the season!
I didn't make it to this one... but from what I have heard it was the best Blackcat performance of the year. Finally they played like they should night in and night out. Also heard that the FT shooting was MUCH better... I personally didn't think that this was the game we'd break out of the slump, but I sure am glad that it was!
what
a