Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 70 Pineville 51
Clay County won 70-51 which was not surprising.
what was surprising that one of the smallest schools in the mountains taking it to them like they they did showing no fear whatsoever being defintley outsized and outclassed. Pineville was fired up after going to clay last year with their best players out due to injurys and getting decimated by about 70 to 10 and the game was stopped at halftime with clay showing no signs of mercy whatsoever.
After tonight WYMT declared Clay the Mountains best which i agree.
this was what brought us to the tiny town which lone claims to fame lays to
the mountain laurel festival and a the Huge chained rock on top of the city.
What we seen was a great matchup of the 13th regions voted best by the lexington herald leader no 1 Whitney bell jackson and the no. 3 Chelsey Smith both putting up around 30 points unofficially and puting on a wonderful display of fireworks. The sharpshooter from pineville we were informed is but a few points away from the 1000 point club and shes just a junior and am told did not play as a freshman after transfering from the county. The Clay county tigers are as good as advertised and look to be physically already in mid season form the way they can get up and down the court.
Ira Combs Where werre you old friend you missed a good one!
Maybe someone from Clay Co. or anybody tell me what has happen to the Hinkle girl's. I think that one started as a fr. and the other dressed as an 8th grader. Have they moved or not playing at all. Think names were Heather and Ashley. IMO both were strong as young player's. Both are not on Clay's Team Page ( KHSAA).
I was told in the summer that they moved, maybe to Richmond.

That shocks me that Pineville stayed that close.
It looked like it was going to get ugly after the 1st 6 minutes I think was 18 to 3 but Pineville showed some great fight and got within at the end of the
2nd quarter or early in the 3rd.
Congrats CC