Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose Hill to meet with KHSAA today 12/7
a nearly 2 year long investigation into alleged recruiting by rose hill will come to an end today when school officials meet Kentucky high school athletic association board of controls at 8:45 am for updates on the situation go to twitter.com/dindependent

will post article when its posted to the papers site
Can't wait for this to finally be over. I'm sure they'll find a way to delay the decision or appeal it.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
paper said rose hill had until November 30th to counter and i'm guessing they failed to do so.
That's what I thought the earlier article had said. Hopefully this will end it one way or the other.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
KHSAA is looking to nuke Rose Hill. Look for them to throw the book at them, levy a large fine, which Rose Hill can't pay, which will then force them out of the KHSAA
and start a large party in the rest of the 16th
dejavu Wrote:KHSAA is looking to nuke Rose Hill. Look for them to throw the book at them, levy a large fine, which Rose Hill can't pay, which will then force them out of the KHSAA
and start a large party in the rest of the 16th
I'll take some of that action. I bet you're totally wrong. First, how do you know if they can or cannot pay? Second, no one has ever received the "death penalty" from the KHSAA to my knowledge. And lastly, I don't understand why some want the kids who remain at the school to be dealt with so harshly.

I do believe there will be a fine. I don't think it will be astronomical. I also believe that there will be sanctions/probation of some sort, but in no manner do I believe that they want to "force them out of the KHSAA".
If they penalize them it will be a shame considering they ruled Gregg and Bush eligible to play for Ashland. If the KHSAA does anything it will prove that they a biased (which we already know they are) and they are a JOKE. They have done what they have set out to do and that was to try and ruin a private school sports team from succeeding.
if I was JD Adams I would have a lawyer ready to go agianst the KHSAA for making him sit a year. The same criteria meet his situation that met Gregg and Bush except going from public to private instead of private to public. DOUBLE STANDARD
Madam Commissioner has handed down the following recommended punishment:

a. $6,000.00 fine (Does this include cost of near two year investigation or not?)

b. Boys's basketball banned from post-season for two years.

c. Three year probation for entire program.

It seems a bit harsh when you consider the stated "sin" was allowing the grieving Garnes family to give a scholarship to the best friend of their deceased son. KHSAA concluded the compassionate act violated its rules because the scholarship was given without making it available to all students at the school. Also, they were troubled that Fuller wasn't required to submit an application with supporting documents before receiving the scholarship from the Garnes family. Finally, the scholarship was deemed to be excessive since it exceeded $500.00.

At this time the Board of Control is discussing the recommendations

To put the matter into some perspective, keep in mind that the Warren Commission that investigated the assassination of Kennedy issued an 888 page report after investigating for less than 9 months. The KHSAA report was 16 pages counting the cover page and repetitive entries.

As would be expected, the Board of Control accepted the recommendations.
Deleted message
Truth Wrote:Madam Commissioner has handed down the following recommended punishment:

a. $6,000.00 fine (Does this include cost of near two year investigation or not?)

b. Boys's basketball banned from post-season for two years.

c. Three year probation for entire program.

A) The $6,000 fine seems about right, if you believe that Rose Hill was in the wrong. It isn't a backbreaker, but it does send a message to the administration that they need to address the issue of controlling the program.
B) The two year ban from post season effectively punishes the kids that have stayed at the school. Just like the NCAA, the KHSAA is actually taking retribution on kids (the wrong kids), while the people that generated this whole mess walk away unscathed.
C) Like the fine, the three year probation is survivable, but reinforces the message to "clean it up".

Truth Wrote:It seems a bit harsh when you consider the stated "sin" was allowing the grieving Garnes family to give a scholarship to the best friend of their deceased son.
If that were actually what they were being punished for, I would agree with you. I don't think that that is the only issue that is being punished in this instance - and I think you are smart enough to know that it is either. It also looks like the KHSAA is just fed up with the never ending mess that Rose Hill has become.

Truth Wrote:To put the matter into some perspective, keep in mind that the Warren Commission that investigated the assassination of Kennedy issued an 888 page report after investigating for less than 9 months. The KHSAA report was 16 pages counting the cover page and repetitive entries.
Let's keep in mind that the Warren Commission also didn't have to deal with appeals and delays from the accused.
ASHGRAD Wrote:if I was JD Adams I would have a lawyer ready to go agianst the KHSAA for making him sit a year. The same criteria meet his situation that met Gregg and Bush except going from public to private instead of private to public. DOUBLE STANDARD

There is absolutely no question that the KHSAA applies it's rules capriciously. JD Adams is just one person, in a long list of kids that the KHSAA has ruled on. Every kid that has ever had to forego a year of participation has been wronged. The KHSAA has absolutely no credibility (and I realize that that isn't news to anyone that is paying attention).

From this point on, I would like to see every school that receives a transfer that wants to play a sport simply quote this ruling back to the KHSAA, and then go ahead and play the kid that transfers in. Even better, it would be good to see the member schools of the KHSAA vote these clowns out of office, or have the backbone to simply revise the rules to make all kids eligible, regardless of the circumstances.
ASHGRAD Wrote:They have done what they have set out to do and that was to try and ruin a private school sports team from succeeding.

I disagree. I don't think the KHSAA is trying to ruin any private school - and certainly not Rose Hill. Do you think that the KHSAA is trying to ruin the sports teams from Trinity, LCA, St. X, Mercy, Assumption, St. Pat, or any other private school?

They simply want all of the schools to play within the rules (even though they interpret and apply their own rules in an arbitrary manner).
What does the probation of 3 years mean. Does it mean that if nothing else happens that the KHSAA says is wrong then all is well.
I would like to see all the players that have been ruled ineligible to get a lawyer and file a lawsuit agianst the KHSAA for making them lose a year of their High School sports. That would be fun to watch. I can see the legal ads on TV trying to get the players to join their lawsuit.
Squid Wrote:I disagree. I don't think the KHSAA is trying to ruin any private school - and certainly not Rose Hill. Do you think that the KHSAA is trying to ruin the sports teams from Trinity, LCA, St. X, Mercy, Assumption, St. Pat, or any other private school?

They simply want all of the schools to play within the rules (even though they interpret and apply their own rules in an arbitrary manner).

If they wanted the public schools to play by the rules then Gregg and Bush would not be eligible period. Also Jd Adams would not have sit out a year.
If the KHSAA could have caught the larger private schools they would try to ruin their sports programs too, but the larger schools have to much money. So I think they went after Rose Hill to put a message out there. I personnally believe that Rose Hill didn't do anything different that the public schools do.
Squid Wrote:A) The $6,000 fine seems about right, if you believe that Rose Hill was in the wrong. It isn't a backbreaker, but it does send a message to the administration that they need to address the issue of controlling the program.
B) The two year ban from post season effectively punishes the kids that have stayed at the school. Just like the NCAA, the KHSAA is actually taking retribution on kids (the wrong kids), while the people that generated this whole mess walk away unscathed.
C) Like the fine, the three year probation is survivable, but reinforces the message to "clean it up".

If that were actually what they were being punished for, I would agree with you. I don't think that that is the only issue that is being punished in this instance - and I think you are smart enough to know that it is either. It also looks like the KHSAA is just fed up with the never ending mess that Rose Hill has become.

Let's keep in mind that the Warren Commission also didn't have to deal with appeals and delays from the accused.

I would have been disappointed if I had not gotten your usual "unbiased" rebuttal. Still, I would agree that it is time for everyone to grow up, realize that they are no longer in high school, and to start wearing long pants.:Thumbs:
The scholarship given is not the only isssue. As has been said the ones who should be held accountable are not the ones being punished. Most of them have moved on and continue their lives at other schools. I'm not talking about the students that transferred either. I'm talking about the adults.
FBALL Wrote:The scholarship given is not the only isssue. As has been said the ones who should be held accountable are not the ones being punished. Most of them have moved on and continue their lives at other schools. I'm not talking about the students that transferred either. I'm talking about the adults.
Did Fraley, Euton, or any of the other people involved get anything for thier actions?
No Fraley is free to coach without any penalty's. I don't think Euton had a dog in this fight.
The harshest part of the punishment is the two year ban from post-season play for the boys. Although it is almost a certainty that Rose Hill would lose in the first round of the district each year, it still deprives those who remained of the opportunity to make the all-district team. Also, Rose Hill will not participate in the payout to schools from the district and the region in regard to the boys for two years. That is a sizeable amount of lost revenue particularly when you consider that Rose Hill was to be the host school for one of those two years. The lost revenue will greatly exceed the $6,000.00 fine.
Truth Wrote:I would have been disappointed if I had not gotten your usual "unbiased" rebuttal.

It's funny to hear you say that. I had absolutely no doubt that the moment the decision was rendered, you would be on here playing the victim card.

How much of the decision (and the investigation) do you not discuss? I couldn't help but notice that in your last few posts, you haven't brought up the tape, or what was on it.

It's a perfect example of you trying to present yourself as the final arbiter of what is true, while conveniently leaving out anything that doesn't help your spin of what is going on. A lie of omission is no better than a lie of commission.

It really seems to bother you, when someone calls you out on your spinnings. Apparently, you've grown to used to having all of the administrators and moderators of that other website shut down threads when you start getting caught up in your half-truths. On this website, it looks like you'll have to learn to defend your words, or simply get used to being called out on it.

Tough break.
FBALL Wrote:The scholarship given is not the only isssue. As has been said the ones who should be held accountable are not the ones being punished. Most of them have moved on and continue their lives at other schools. I'm not talking about the students that transferred either. I'm talking about the adults.

Amen.
Truth Wrote:The harshest part of the punishment is the two year ban from post-season play for the boys. Although it is almost a certainty that Rose Hill would lose in the first round of the district each year, it still deprives those who remained of the opportunity to make the all-district team.
... and THAT is the real sin of the KHSAA's ruling. The kids that remained do not deserve any of what is about to befall them. They've committed no crime, but they are the ones that will pay the piper.

Truth Wrote:Also, Rose Hill will not participate in the payout to schools from the district and the region in regard to the boys for two years. That is a sizeable amount of lost revenue particularly when you consider that Rose Hill was to be the host school for one of those two years. The lost revenue will greatly exceed the $6,000.00 fine.
Has the attendance at the district level dropped off enough that the gym at Rose Hill would now qualify to host the districts? In an odd turn of events, it seems almost certain that, now that they are down to a three team district for two years, the attendance will be low enough to ensure that the Rose Hill gym will definitely qualify to host it in the next few years.
They should appeal like Gregg and Bush and even claim financial hardship hey on appeal they may not get anything.:Clap::Clap:
Seems like the KHSAA only hurt the poor kids that stayed at the Hill! How about the coach and the others that was given a get out of jail FREE card! The KHSAA shows how it should be a board game because they never send the same message!
Squid Wrote:... and THAT is the real sin of the KHSAA's ruling. The kids that remained do not deserve any of what is about to befall them. They've committed no crime, but they are the ones that will pay the piper.

Has the attendance at the district level dropped off enough that the gym at Rose Hill would now qualify to host the districts? In an odd turn of events, it seems almost certain that, now that they are down to a three team district for two years, the attendance will be low enough to ensure that the Rose Hill gym will definitely qualify to host it in the next few years.

Each school hosts the tournament once every four years. However, as most informed followers of the district know, the attendance clause does not allow Fairview or Rose Hill to host the tournament at their own facility unless the prior average attendance falls below the seating capacity of applicable school. Therefore, both. to date. have been required to host at a larger facility. Still, they are the hosts and garner the usual financial advantages from that designation.

Also, since the clause is based upon average attendance per game, the fact that there may be one less game is of no materiality. But, then, as I said before, all of this is common knowledge to those who are informed. It is always best to be informed.
Rose Hill deserves what they got
Truth Wrote:It is always best to be informed.
Which is why I phrased my last post as a question, rather than stating it as a fact.

As you have stated, being informed is important, no doubt about it. Second only to owning up to one's own culpability, rather than trying to blame everyone else for one's shortcomings - wouldn't you agree?
Truth Wrote:... It seems a bit harsh when you consider the stated "sin" was allowing the grieving Garnes family to give a scholarship to the best friend of their deceased son.

From the thread started by Strikeout King:
The Royals were found to have violated KHSAA bylaws 10 (recruitment), 13 (financial aid), 6 (transfer rule — domestic students), 9 (other eligibility requirements and regulations), 17 (supplying information) and 1 (responsibility for eligibility).

See, Truth - this is why you have no credibility. You give us only part of the story, by implying (if not openly stating) that the only infraction is the awarding of the scholarship. You use that premise to paint the KHSAA as ludicrously out of touch, and horribly harsh in their treatment of the poor, pitiful victims at Rose Hill.

Now we see that, in reality, the punishment is levied for a series of transgressions, and not solely based on the awarding of the scholarship.

I still see the punishment as unduly harsh for the kids that remained at Rose Hill, but in light of the findings listed above, it is justified (at least, in my opinion) for the school, its administration, and the program as a whole.

Let the spin cycle begin, Truth. Show us, once again, how you were lily white in this debacle, and the bad guys on Blazer Blvd. are responsible for your woes.

I only wish I could sell tickets to this soap opera. I could retire tomorrow.