Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Winter Storm Of Season Approaches
http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=4213565

The Bluegrass region is gearing up for what is likely to be the first significant winter storm of the season Thursday.

A winter storm watch is in effect for most of the state beginning Thursday morning. Forecasts are still preliminary, but Lexington and surrounding counties could receive anywhere from 2-6 inches of snow before the storm winds down Friday. Areas to the north of Lexington will likely see all snow, with Lexington getting a wintry mix beginning Thursday afternoon that will turn to all snow beginning Thursday night.

Eastern and southern parts of the state will likely see the least amount of snow accumulation, as they will see mostly a cold rain before a change over to snow towards Friday morning as temperatures drop.

The storm is the result of a low pressure system that will pass well to the south of the state, but will bring moisture from the Gulf of Mexico northward.
Hope it just snows here but just like the past couple of years we'll probably just get bent over and end up with rain and ice.
CD they are saying we may get 6 - 10 inches
I wish. Where you see that?
Maybe when we get bent over.
haha might as well get the vasoline LOL
cause i dont think its going to hit eastern KY once again screwed by mother nature
it was on wymt, there chart they showed at the start of the show.
I hope we get some kind of snowfall up in this area. I love seeing the white ground everywhere.
Didn't watch WYMT what did they end up saying?
We will get the most snow fall in our area according to there anticapated snow fall chart.
Personally being a student here at UK and having to walk 15 minutes to class I hope the snow holds off, but it looks like we'll be getting a good bit in Lexington..Here's a chart of how much the state of Kentucky is supposed to get..sorry it's not bigger...
did someone call for me?? I heard something about 6-10 inches...
I can't wait to sled down the W.T. Young Library hill.
Only you CTD....Only you !!! :BigLaugh:
thought you might like that one lol...
The latest forecast for E Ky calls for mostly rain and possibly only an inch of snow thursday night
It just said that Eastern Ky. in the Floyd/Pike area is going to get 1-2 inches, it's suppose to start out with rain then sleet and then snow but I haven't seen anything yet.
It is starting as ice right now here in Central Kentucky. Schools are closing and the accumulating snow will hit us sometime tonight
It's not doing anything here in eastern kentucky and I hope it doesn't... I have physical therapy tomorrow not to mention this will be the first weekend I have spent home since September Sad
It has now changed over to snow....
Ashland is supposed to be safe until 5-6 tonight. Then we will get the ice because its only around 35 here. Then at night once it gets below freezing it's supposed to switch over to snow until 6-7 in the morning.
Is I-75 closed off? That's what I've heard.

Classes after 2 were canceled here at EKU, all except my 2:30 final lol!
Just looked outside and it is a Rain/Sleet mix
It's a mix of rain and snow here right now... it's mostly snow though
raining here in the good ole MC

Edit: Rain and snow.
Finally got started here and its a mix of snow and sleet
Heavy Snow in northern Lawrence County now. Keep on coming
I think it's the calm before the storm here in P-burg right now. It was sleeting/snowing earlier but now it has stopped. I look for it to start back up as snow.
About the same here now. But the snow looks to be on the way. Just not enough for me. I'd like to see 1 to 3 feet.
Still nothing in pikeville, but it's rained a bit.