Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co vs Corbin ?
What was the final in this game in the Queen of the Mountains tournament?
Been wonderin the same thing...can't find that or individual scoring from the breathitt-pcc game either.
Breathitt beat Corbin like a drum and then some. 30 plus win. It was a packed house of about 40 fans at Perry Central that night.
orangenowblue Wrote:what was the final in this game in the queen of the mountains tournament?

68-38
I believe Breathitt beat PCC by 7?
I thought Breathitt would beat Corbin bad as Corbin is currently in a rebuilding stage.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I thought Breathitt would beat Corbin bad as Corbin is currently in a rebuilding stage.

What?....They only lost 2 seniors from last years squad....how is this a rebuilding year? Their starters all have plenty of Varsity Level Playing Experience. They just got their butts kicked, so let's call a spade a spade and not sugar coat it!:ChairHit:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:What?....They only lost 2 seniors from last years squad....how is this a rebuilding year? Their starters all have plenty of Varsity Level Playing Experience. They just got their butts kicked, so let's call a spade a spade and not sugar coat it!:ChairHit:

According to KHSAA website, they lost five Seniors from a 13-17 team. Their JV team last year was mediocre at best. If this isn't rebuilding, I don't know what is.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:According to KHSAA website, they lost five Seniors from a 13-17 team. Their JV team last year was mediocre at best. If this isn't rebuilding, I don't know what is.

Let me correct myself.....they only lost 2 starters from last season...the rest of their key players are still on the team...and the starters this year all have plenty of Varsity playing time from past seasons.:blabbermo It's obvious who you support!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Let me correct myself.....they only lost 2 starters from last season...the rest of their key players are still on the team...and the starters this year all have plenty of Varsity playing time from past seasons.:blabbermo It's obvious who you support!

If you are insinuating that I am Corbin supporter you are badly mistaken. I do not have any connection to Corbin or any other team in the 13th region. I observed them playing last year and their talent level is down what it was three or four years ago. Just because you have experience doesn't make you a talented player. I do know one thing about the 13th, the road to state goes through Clay County and the ONLY teams that have a chance to beat them are South Laurel and Harlan County. There is no team from Whitley County that has a shot.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Let me correct myself.....they only lost 2 starters from last season...the rest of their key players are still on the team...and the starters this year all have plenty of Varsity playing time from past seasons.:blabbermo It's obvious who you support!

No way Orangenowblue is a Corbin fan. He is a true Letcher Co. Central fan. I bet if get's a cut it come's out blue with a little streak of orange.
Sorry.....misunderstood your Defense of Corbin's program...Every time they suck it up....someone from the community or local papers has an excuse for them....it just gets old after a while. They are not the greatest thing since sliced bread....far from it. After this years seniors leave, they are definitely going to be rebuilding next season and many more to come. Talent pool really falls off.....they better start recruiting now..from the county schools!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Sorry.....misunderstood your Defense of Corbin's program...Every time they suck it up....someone from the community or local papers has an excuse for them....it just gets old after a while. They are not the greatest thing since sliced bread....far from it. After this years seniors leave, they are definitely going to be rebuilding next season and many more to come. Talent pool really falls off.....they better start recruiting now..from the county schools!

From what I have seen, I will have to agree.
Final